ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon tape has been released

Did your mom tell you everyone had both? We don't.
I saw you with your mom today, you should get off her back...
014.jpg

Reactions: JConXtsy
Hell's bells! I knew fitty got a time out a while back and I was wondering why he hadn't posted in a while, but did not know he was given the perma-ban. Pisser!

Merry Freaking Christmas. That blows.

Reactions: iasooner1
Hell's bells! I knew fitty got a time out a while back and I was wondering why he hadn't posted in a while, but did not know he was given the perma-ban. Pisser!

Merry Freaking Christmas. That blows.

fitty has been absence from the board for some time, but he did come back briefly on October 1 post #155 on the Official Game Thread OU-TCU - Game #4. That is the last record of fitty posting so I am surprised to learn that he is PB.

Yeah John said indeed he is (presently) PB for reasons "you see here daily", and he was 'reported by someone who shall remain nameless' and that the management of the thing is subjective' (in essence)
I think fitty got hit in that thread a while back when JoshM said like 6 people got tagged with bans. Can't remember the thread or the subject, but I remember it got pretty nasty.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I think fitty got hit in that thread a while back when JoshM said like 6 people got tagged with bans. Can't remember the thread or the subject, but I remember it got pretty nasty.

I thought that thread was rather weak compared to others past. I thought I was the one who got perma smacked.

I miss a lot of those older posters. I still remember when frou and I took over as first mods of this place in like 5 years and the board was out of control. JoshM sent us an email and said "you guys will need to drop hammers early and often to let them know you mean business in cleaning up". Those were the days of some seriously rogue posters and the Sooners stayed pretty tight knit bc you had people like utman, scholz, alkohusker etc that were just vile human beings on this board. JoshM probably got tired of the infighting and he even tossed around the idea of getting rid of this board if it didn't cool off. It's hard to keep moderators because you're almost always the bad guy and pretty thankless job and he doesn't have the time to come over and watch.

Of course then we had people telling us how to moderate so we had some fun emails from fellow fans but none really got too crazy or out of hand and made a lot of friends in the process even with a lot that didn't necessarily agree with us. I still read somewhat often, and will post once in a while. I think a lot have gone that route lately from that older crowd. I still wonder if I'm ever going to have Tulsan come across at the club I'm at in Tulsa now.

Reactions: BillyRay
I'm all for keeping it fairly clean in terms of the F bombs and terminology overtly offensive but at the end of the day these are just words on the internet and it's not going to make me cry (too much). I think it should take some pretty heinous act to get permanently booted unless it's clear you're just here to cause trouble.

I'm all for keeping it fairly clean in terms of the F bombs and terminology overtly offensive but at the end of the day these are just words on the internet and it's not going to make me cry (too much). I think it should take some pretty heinous act to get permanently booted unless it's clear you're just here to cause trouble.

You have to remember, it's not a private board. Any kid can stroll across this board and get the impression that some of the things said here are ok. Believe it or not, players, recruits and their parents read and post on this board also. You don't want those people thinking that a fan base in defined by telling each other they should've been aborted babies and such. On a free board, the rules probably will be and should be a little tighter.

You have to remember, it's not a private board. Any kid can stroll across this board and get the impression that some of the things said here are ok. Believe it or not, players, recruits and their parents read and post on this board also. You don't want those people thinking that a fan base in defined by telling each other they should've been aborted babies and such. On a free board, the rules probably will be and should be a little tighter.

No I agree man. That's what I mean by the more offensive remarks. But telling someone they are being a moron when it is justifiable shouldn't be cause for an uproar.

I'm a pretty vulgar person so little, if anything bothers me, but I am aware that's not the case for everyone.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Those were the days of some seriously rogue posters and the Sooners stayed pretty tight knit bc you had people like utman, scholz, alkohusker etc that were just vile human beings on this board.
Scholz is all you have to say. Anyone who is familiar with his posting over on OB will know he is about the bottom of the barrel in terms of vile human beings. He is something else....

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Scholz is all you have to say. Anyone who is familiar with his posting over on OB will know he is about the bottom of the barrel in terms of vile human beings. He is something else....

Yet they let him freely say whatever to whomever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT