ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Williams

Any word on Jalil Farooq? It was said last week that he was going wherever CW went

I'll wait to see how well OU's WR corps shapes up for 2022 before I celebrate the losses of last season's WR's.

Agree. And I can't figure out why he had so little playing time last season.

Riley had his favorites and his plans all in his head. Many fails by him overshadowed his successes. His WR fetish buried guys in depth cart...Farooq was one of those hurt by his foolery.

Dumb question here I'm sure, but doesn't moving around so much screw up a kids education? A vast majority of these guys aren't going to the NFL so a college degree would be a nice thing to have. I only went to one university, but I can imagine going to a new school would be a major pain in the butt. Seems like this isn't even part of the equation for college athletes anymore.

I'm sorry but these kids are really on the dumb side. Most of them are going to transfer and we'll never hear a word from them again.
Maybe but ask Rambo about that. Was under utilized at OU and became a record holder at Miami. Our WR room was clearly not utilized properly in some time. All those studs and what’s to show for it. TBOW mismanaged that group for sure

Maybe but ask Rambo about that. Was under utilized at OU and became a record holder at Miami. Our WR room was clearly not utilized properly in some time. All those studs and what’s to show for it. TBOW mismanaged that group for sure

I agree some are better off transferring, but too many kids now jump ship way too fast without thinking about the potential consequences. I mean Jaden Haselwood really made a good decision transferring to Arkansas? I have to really question that move.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Playing for a defensive coach rather than turbocharged Lincoln surely impacts their choices. That, coupled with the number of transfers and de-commits. It happens when there's a management change regardless of the platform. Change is hard on organizations, particularly ones so focused at the top.

Last edited:
Letty got more out of his offense than Riley did lately. Have lots of trust in him to get the Sooners offense high flying. Mario and Jadon will be very sorry they took a low road...not being patient.

Dumb question here I'm sure, but doesn't moving around so much screw up a kids education? A vast majority of these guys aren't going to the NFL so a college degree would be a nice thing to have. I only went to one university, but I can imagine going to a new school would be a major pain in the butt. Seems like this isn't even part of the equation for college athletes anymore.
It's all about the NIL athletes brother. It's all about the NIL stars so to speak.

I agree some are better off transferring, but too many kids now jump ship way too fast without thinking about the potential consequences. I mean Jaden Haselwood really made a good decision transferring to Arkansas? I have to really question that move.

You give kids choices today they usually will make a bad one. For me the ones that are jumping ship had doubts about their choice all along. Don't wanna be here then bye bye. When a HC jumps ship it would certainly put a doubt in players minds that maybe he saw something or knew something they didn't. Maybe OU isn't serious about winning National Titles as they say they are. Its been mentioned here before that OU seems to be ok with winning Big 12 Titles but not much more. With the NIL now they better get serious or we will be left behind in the dust.
Yeah yeah I know how we all feel about it but when you have someone like CW entering the portal then that is a problem. Its a bad look for OU that he is even considering leaving and may well be gone already.
I say if its allowed by NCAA rules that a player wants to enter the portal then he loses his scholly and OU can opt of letting him come back. I doubt that is allowed but its what should be allowed. Just entering the Portal already says they don't want to be there so let them go somewhere else.

You give kids choices today they usually will make a bad one. For me the ones that are jumping ship had doubts about their choice all along. Don't wanna be here then bye bye. When a HC jumps ship it would certainly put a doubt in players minds that maybe he saw something or knew something they didn't. Maybe OU isn't serious about winning National Titles as they say they are. Its been mentioned here before that OU seems to be ok with winning Big 12 Titles but not much more. With the NIL now they better get serious or we will be left behind in the dust.
Yeah yeah I know how we all feel about it but when you have someone like CW entering the portal then that is a problem. Its a bad look for OU that he is even considering leaving and may well be gone already.
I say if its allowed by NCAA rules that a player wants to enter the portal then he loses his scholly and OU can opt of letting him come back. I doubt that is allowed but its what should be allowed. Just entering the Portal already says they don't want to be there so let them go somewhere else.
From my understanding, once a player enters the portal the scholarship ends at the end of the semester. If he chooses to stay, the school does NOT have to honor any scholarship. They may choose to do so, but are not required to do so.

I mean if they use him like they did with Burks then yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT