ADVERTISEMENT

What a huge disappointment this team has been.

Oh, I think Joe C agrees with me. I trust his judgment much more than the committee members who don't seem to care for Oklahoma. His judgment has been proven very trustworthy since the last century.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Losing record in the conference and losing record vs ranked opponents. My guess is it gets even worse next year. Joe C has a history of great hires but not every hire is a homerun.

Reactions: NellySooner
Moser is a very good coach, unfortunately next season may be his last at OU. When he took over his roster was garbage, he recruited and got what he could out of the portal. Losing 3 starters to the portal will be the nail in the coffin for him. Top portal recruits will not come to OU, incoming FR Dayton Forsythe is a stud and IMO would have done really well if those 3 were on the floor with him. Not saying he wont be successful, but having those 3 guys and their experience would have helped.

You asked, so don't call me arrogant. I've been involved in over 100 seasons of one sport or another. Over half of that was as a low level coach. But l worked for at least three football coaches who who became hall of famers. I also officiated 30 years of basketball. Done several other jobs in team sports.

In all those years of sports involvement, l've learned what a good coach looks like. Moser can coach. He may not, in the present conditions in college sports in general be able to assemble the necessary talent. But he deserves a shot.

I remember when Tom Landry was Cowboys' HC. The Cowboys weren't allowed to draft in their first season, and growing that team took time. They didn't get to .500 their first five seasons. There were lots of rumblings in Dallas that they needed to get a new coach.

Their owner, Clint Murchison instead signed him to an 11-year extension. The team played in the post season the next nine years. I may not be right. He may need to be gone in two years. But l'll bet he gets it done.
At this point does it really matter? OU will more than likely continue to be average and maybe the fans and the admin are fine with that. With all due respect, being a water boy on a team with great coaches doesn't really mean you are a talent scout or a coach evaluator. The proof is in the pudding and Moser has either won or he hasn't. This is his 4th year correct? They failed to make the tournament

Reactions: Oklabama
Oh, I think Joe C agrees with me. I trust his judgment much more than the committee members who don't seem to care for Oklahoma. His judgment has been proven very trustworthy since the last century.
Please stop with the "committee doesn't like OU" nonsense. Heck I don't like them this year either and they didn't deserve a spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT