ADVERTISEMENT

Man you guys are crazy

?

Boomer Sooner
Coming from you BW and what you profess to represent, I deeply resent the implication in your cited post as I perceive it. I am not what you imply.

Perhaps you didn't understand my post to Yankees. It was not from a position of faith. Rather, it was a common-sense offering. Even Yankees seems to have received it as such.

Boomer Sooner

Yankees,

Let me give you a little heads up. I've advised you on this before.

You allow yourself to be the laughingstock of this board and your goading of others only makes you the continued and relentless sport of discussion. You don't seem to know when you've exhausted your point and it's time to effectively move on to another one.

Understand that you didn't score any brownie points when you posted on OB. Understand that your unhealthy need to get the last word in only throws fuel onto the fire. Posters have long memories here and if you want to get along and be a respected part of this community, you need to recognize this and deal with it appropriately. Otherwise, be content to continue to be the poster child for abuse.

Through my own personal experiences here, not everyone is going to like you or what you stand for. But, you don't have to willingly present yourself as an open target for ridicule either. You seem to have a combative nature that does not serve you well. Even our military leaders know when to continue a skirmish and when it's better to responsibly retreat to fight a better fight another day. All too often, you don't appear to recognize the flies and buzzards are flying directly over your head.

I say these unsolicited things because personally I like you and believe you to be a good man. Many of your posts I enjoy. But, you easily allow yourself to be drawn in way past the point of reasonable dialog. At that point, you come across as being foolish, in my opinion, and all attempts at good will have long been lost.

Be the better man and change your perceived persona or the sniping directed at you will continue and grow increasingly more vile. At that point, I can be of no service to you.

Boomer Sooner

This post is spot on, and hope that your advice is taken.

Yankees,

Let me give you a little heads up. I've advised you on this before.

You allow yourself to be the laughingstock of this board and your goading of others only makes you the continued and relentless sport of discussion. You don't seem to know when you've exhausted your point and it's time to effectively move on to another one.

Understand that you didn't score any brownie points when you posted on OB. Understand that your unhealthy need to get the last word in only throws fuel onto the fire. Posters have long memories here and if you want to get along and be a respected part of this community, you need to recognize this and deal with it appropriately. Otherwise, be content to continue to be the poster child for abuse.

Through my own personal experiences here, not everyone is going to like you or what you stand for. But, you don't have to willingly present yourself as an open target for ridicule either. You seem to have a combative nature that does not serve you well. Even our military leaders know when to continue a skirmish and when it's better to responsibly retreat to fight a better fight another day. All too often, you don't appear to recognize the flies and buzzards are flying directly over your head.

I say these unsolicited things because personally I like you and believe you to be a good man. Many of your posts I enjoy. But, you easily allow yourself to be drawn in way past the point of reasonable dialog. At that point, you come across as being foolish, in my opinion, and all attempts at good will have long been lost.

Be the better man and change your perceived persona or the sniping directed at you will continue and grow increasingly more vile. At that point, I can be of no service to you.

Boomer Sooner

2nd OUtstanding post from you I've read in a week. Kudos for your efforts.

Coming from you BW and what you profess to represent, I deeply resent the implication in your cited post as I perceive it. I am not what you imply.

Perhaps you didn't understand my post to Yankees. It was not from a position of faith. Rather, it was a common-sense offering. Even Yankees seems to have received it as such.

Boomer Sooner
You misunderstood fort. I know it wasn't from a position of faith. It was just interesting that you took the time to point the finger in one direction and not in all directions. Much of what you stated is nothing more than your opinion.

Reactions: BillyRay
You misunderstood fort. I know it wasn't from a position of faith. It was just interesting that you took the time to point the finger in one direction and not in all directions. Much of what you stated is nothing more than your opinion.
Unless you've had me on ignore, you would've already known that I appeal to all sides. Since there appears to be no mods (and I don't know that for sure), my preference is for a clean, smooth, fun, respectful and civil board. It's not for me to decide, though, but I can play my small part.

I don't like the abuse Yankees receives - and it's a lot - or anyone for that matter. It's all unnecessary and preventable. I offered a plan to do just that.

Of course what I posted is my opinion. What parts, however, do you deny?

Forgive me for my erroneous assumption regarding your previous response to me. At the time, I saw no other way to take it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Boomer Sooner

Unless you've had me on ignore, you would've already known that I appeal to all sides. Since there appears to be no mods (and I don't know that for sure), my preference is for a clean, smooth, fun, respectful and civil board. It's not for me to decide, though, but I can play my small part.

I don't like the abuse Yankees receives - and it's a lot - or anyone for that matter. It's all unnecessary and preventable. I offered a plan to do just that.

Of course what I posted is my opinion. What parts, however, do you deny?

Forgive me for my erroneous assumption regarding your previous response to me. At the time, I saw no other way to take it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Boomer Sooner
The "plan" you offered was for Yankee to change his way of posting because he is often the victim of immature morons who curse and name call on a regular basis. In my opinion, you might want to offer your unsolicited advice to the ones in that camp as well.

I don't like the abuse Yankees receives - and it's a lot

You are oblivious to whats going on here. Example. He and Barkingwater spent a good two hours trying to pick a fight early last evening when hardly nobody was logged in. That little man Yankee did his best to call out Plaino to get him to post. He does that often. And his little yapping poodle Barkingwater was right there with him. There were few takers, but it continued. That happens every day around here and it has been going on since they showed up. The best days on this board was when Yank was banned and forced to kiss Horn butt on Orangeblodds. It needs to happened again, because all he wants to do is to criticize the serious posters on this board, criticize SooonerScoop, the coaches, the players, and then go back to his home board and laugh it up like bevis and butthead.

Fort Worth, you are blind as a bat on this subject and most everyone here knows that is true excpet for the handful who side with the trolls. Youve lost about 100 respect points in my book with your defense of these trolls. Get rid of Yankee an Barkingwater and this board will be a better place. I hope Josh M sees it soon, because it is sickening.

The "plan" you offered was for Yankee to change his way of posting because he is often the victim of immature morons who curse and name call on a regular basis. In my opinion, you might want to offer your unsolicited advice to the ones in that camp as well.

Well now THIS is going well! No wonder other boards make fun of us...I'm depressed.

You are oblivious to whats going on here. Example. He and Barkingwater spent a good two hours trying to pick a fight early last evening when hardly nobody was logged in. That little man Yankee did his best to call out Plaino to get him to post. He does that often. And his little yapping poodle Barkingwater was right there with him. There were few takers, but it continued. That happens every day around here and it has been going on since they showed up. The best days on this board was when Yank was banned and forced to kiss Horn butt on Orangeblodds. It needs to happened again, because all he wants to do is to criticize the serious posters on this board, criticize SooonerScoop, the coaches, the players, and then go back to his home board and laugh it up like bevis and butthead.

Fort Worth, you are blind as a bat on this subject and most everyone here knows that is true excpet for the handful who side with the trolls. Youve lost about 100 respect points in my book with your defense of these trolls. Get rid of Yankee an Barkingwater and this board will be a better place. I hope Josh M sees it soon, because it is sickening.
Please keep posting tic.........I need a good laugh

Seriously man...put them on ignore. Holy christ you are literally ate up with Yankee and BW.

15-08-21-014.jpg

I was wrong on my view of using the ignore feature. After putting a couple of posters on ignore, its made the board much more enjoyable. They can obsess with me all they want now, I just won't see it. It's nice

Well now THIS is going well! No wonder other boards make fun of us...I'm depressed.

Who says other boards make fun of us? I read every free board everyday. I have seen only one and that was on Scout a few years ago. in fact, I linked it here and of all people GLB was the only regular poster that engaged them on their thread. No one makes fun of us unless it's pay boarders.

My edit: I'm talking Sooner sites only. The Horn board gives us lots of friction, as the should....LOL

Who says other boards make fun of us? I read every free board everyday. I have seen only one and that was on Scout a few years ago. in fact, I linked it here and of all people GLB was the only regular poster that engaged them on their thread. No one makes fun of us unless it's pay boarders.

My edit: I'm talking Sooner sites only. The Horn board gives us lots of friction, as the should....LOL

Who did? Our "other msg board watchdog" barkingyank. I asked him to gather all the poster names so I could launch a major spam offensive to teach theses scallywags a lesson! But based on what YOU'RE saying...I'm thinking he may be confusing Horn fans and Horn boards with Sooner fans and Sooner boards!!!

Not like him to make something up or wildly exaggerate...is it???

In light of his posting history, the "plan" was for Yankees to be more reasonable and less confrontational. I must have been temporarily insane to suggest such a radical option.

Is it just a wee bit possible that he invites the abuse you assert and that it probably wouldn't exist if he didn't play right into the hands of others? Is it possible that immaturity might be a two-way street here and that all you care to view is one side? You seem to accept no accountability and responsibility for the mayhem you refer to.

Sounds to me as if you enjoy the abusive cycle you and Yankees find yourselves in. That is your right - at least for the moment.

You don't want my advice and that, too, is your prerogative. The inevitable free-for-all and piling on won't end then "til posters are banned and this board becomes disheveled. But, at least you can say that you did your part in creating and sustaining that environment. Turning the other cheek and being the better man doesn't work for you then.

I tried BW. That's all I can do. Hope Yankees is more sensible.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Fort I think bw took it as you implying its all my fault and they are innocent. I don't think that was your intention, but perhaps he took it that way

In light of his posting history, the "plan" was for Yankees to be more reasonable and less confrontational. I must have been temporarily insane to suggest such a radical option.

Is it just a wee bit possible that he invites the abuse you assert and that it probably wouldn't exist if he didn't play right into the hands of others? Is it possible that immaturity might be a two-way street here and that all you care to view is one side? You seem to accept no accountability and responsibility for the mayhem you refer to.

Sounds to me as if you enjoy the abusive cycle you and Yankees find yourselves in. That is your right - at least for the moment.

You don't want my advice and that, too, is your prerogative. The inevitable free-for-all and piling on won't end then "til posters are banned and this board becomes disheveled. But, at least you can say that you did your part in creating and sustaining that environment. Turning the other cheek and being the better man doesn't work for you then.

I tried BW. That's all I can do. Hope Yankees is more sensible.

Boomer Sooner
By saying he needs to be more reasonable and less confrontational it sounds as though you are saying others aren't those two things? In fact, I would say they are much worse yet I don't believe you had a "plan" for those guys. If Yankee likes your advice then that is certainly his right. I personally think you are giving it to the wrong person

What makes me "oblivious to what's going on here"? Because you said so?

It sounds to me Tic that you view the abuse as one-sided. Strange. I thought you were more in tune with this board than that. Perhaps you have a bias in the matter that clouds your reasoning. That seems more likely. I see abuse being taken against a poster who then gives it back. Two wrongs don't make a right but then I guess you wouldn't see that either.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, it seems you want to be judge, jury, and executioner here. Please state your qualifications for the record. Wouldn't be surprised to discover you've already tossed the rope over the sturdy limb, tightened the noose, and you're just waiting for the right opportunity to bushwack those troublesome demons. Maybe an exorcism would be more appropriate. But, that option would probably be more labor intensive so let's forget it.

Maybe I would be more understanding and sympathetic to your cause if you defined the words "serious posters" for me. You appear to be the resident expert on the matter. Be careful you don't trip up and allow your skirt to hike up revealing your dainty slip.

I don't think I'm blind but you would know, right Doc? You seem to think everyone too is a Doc because they see what I obviously don't.

It's a shame I've lost 100% respect in your book. I would like to read it someday purely for analytical purposes (comic relief).

If Josh were to do what you suggest, he would have to take a bunch more with them. The abuse IS a two-way street and the ones piling on would receive the same fate as you suggest for Yankees and Barking. Certainly would cut the numbers down here a bit.

Could the true "trolls" of which you refer include yourself? You put a great deal of hostility behind your words for a rather innocuous message board. That's very "trollish" don't you think?

You're better than that Tic. You have to be.

Boomer Sooner

By saying he needs to be more reasonable and less confrontational it sounds as though you are saying others aren't those two things? In fact, I would say they are much worse yet I don't believe you had a "plan" for those guys. If Yankee likes your advice then that is certainly his right. I personally think you are giving it to the wrong person
Take two aspirins, re-read slowly my post to Yankees, and see if you get a better perspective. I believe you will.

If not, analyze what you find fault with and get back to me.

Boomer Sooner

LOL. You just better hope WNAS has us both on ignore. How you ratted him out for his mod "tactics" may come up again once or twice. That could cause more tension for you and your boy than when we lose!

I could care less about wnas. While we agree on a lot of things football wise, he was a terrible mod. My question is, how does one get fired from a volunteer job? Lol. Admitting he banned people just because he didn't like them tells me all I need to know about that guy.

I could care less about wnas. While we agree on a lot of things football wise, he was a terrible mod. My question is, how does one get fired from a volunteer job? Lol. Admitting he banned people just because he didn't like them tells me all I need to know about that guy.

Ever consider that sharing something like that THAT on this board, that he obviously shared with you in confidence, exposes your own character flaws?? Besides, he knows about as much about football as my Son's Pomeranian. Agreeing with him on that topic won't impress anyone here with a half ounce of experience.

Tulsan he openly stated it on Orange bloods to barking water.

Let me get this straight...you, bark boy, and WNAS all together on the Horn board and WNAS is bragging that he banned people here not because they violated board rules, but because he didn't like them?

If you'd have all stayed there, this board would have no issues.

I doubt that ...well wait a minute who knows. After all, it seems like there is only 7 or 8 regular posters here so that would be almost half the posters gone if we did that. One thing I have considered though is getting a subscription to pay board

I doubt that ...well wait a minute who knows. After all, it seems like there is only 7 or 8 regular posters here so that would be almost half the posters gone if we did that. One thing I have considered though is getting a subscription to pay board

I'll pay for all 3 of you to get subscriptions if you stay there. You'll see traffic here increase exponentially. The alternative is you all quit being Richard Craniums.

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
I disagree. In fact I'm pretty sure a couple of posters here only post as frequently as they do because of me. I'm bringing in traffic to the board..... You're welcome;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT