ADVERTISEMENT

Lost another great Sooner, ScottsdaleSooner

He & I shared emails & texts occasionally and I knew he was ill in the winter. He was quite a character and was still involved in oil ventures in Africa and other places in the world.
RIP Butch
His latest was some crazy gold stuff he was doing in Africa. He had a crew that would buy gold direct from miners, paying top dollar, and then have the gold taken to Dubai for processing. He sent me a picture of a bin that had a literal ton of gold in it.

67, thanks for letting us know. Butch was a truly good man. I'm glad I had the opportunity to get to know him. He was battling throat cancer for the past year plus but there's no way he'd ever let you know he wasn't feeling well. He'll definitely be missed.
Welcome, not the kind of news I like sharing but I knew all of you would want to know. He gave me a memory I won't ever forget and got to meet some great Sooners that day. Will never forget him and that day. Thanks Butch for the memories.

Welcome, not the kind of news I like sharing but I knew all of you would want to know. He gave me a memory I won't ever forget and got to meet some great Sooners that day. Will never forget him and that day. Thanks Butch for the memories.
For those that got to meet Butch and those that didn't, the obit 67 shared with me this morning describes him perfectly. It speaks to the Butch I got to meet, heart of gold, loved life, and the guy was as genuine and humble as anyone could possibly be.

For those that got to meet Butch and those that didn't, the obit 67 shared with me this morning describes him perfectly. It speaks to the Butch I got to meet, heart of gold, loved life, and the guy was as genuine and humble as anyone could possibly be.

Thanks Medic, I was going to post it too but got scolded by a member here once that told me not to post a persons real name when all it was is a concern for the person that had gone awol. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks Medic, I was going to post it too but got scolded by a member here once that told me not to post a persons real name when all it was is a concern for the person that had gone awol. Thanks for posting it!
I looked it up too and wanted to post it but didn’t for the same reason. I get why they want to keep “us” dark but sometimes there are very good reasons to share. I’m sure everyone appreciates learning more about Scottsdale.Sooner. I certainly did.

Butch was known by many here, including some folks that just lurk. I never posted his name on here or elsewhere previously out of respect for his privacy, but I think we both know he'd tell us he has none since he's never met a stranger.

I know his wife and family are well cared for. I didn't mind posting it because I know he wouldn't mind, although he'd probably add plenty of colorful words directed toward rivals if he had written it intended to be posted here.

I absolutely hate opening up these type of threads. We've lost a lot of great fans and friends over the years. I remember when I was a mod, I would get some of these messages a day or two in advance in email and I hated to post them. Scottsdale was a class act always. Prayers to the family and friends. An absolutely great person and Sooner.

Rest in peace ScottsdaleSooner. Probably the hardest-working, most intelligent person to ever grace this message board, and unquestionably the most intelligent person on the OSU 24/7 board. You'll be missed Scottsdale.
Guys like you, 67, Fitty, Gary, and Scottdale are why I like meeting folks from the board. He'll definitely be missed.

Guys like you, 67, Fitty, Gary, and Scottdale are why I like meeting folks from the board. He'll definitely be missed.
It sure was an interesting ride from the Hotel we were staying at in Bricktown lol. Reminded me of me when I get lost. I think his wife would have gotten us out of there sooner but he did with her help. We had a good visit during the drive and shared some stories. Just a great day all around that day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT