ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxson Dart

I have moved on as well. At this point I hope CW doesn't stay. OU has put together a Tremendous Coaching Staff, has picked up some nice portal players recently, have a Top 10 recruiting class coming in and are still in the mix for the USC Duo. Let's remember that UGA just won a National Championship with a Walk-on QB.
True, but they had an absolutely loaded defense. Something we may not sniff for a few years.

Grandpa Arch formed a good working relationship with Lebby while at Ole Miss. I think OU feels this might carry some weight in recruiting. It might have in the past but I feel Kiffin has them going in the direction that Manning likes.
Yes, but that relationship with Lebby and Cale's undoubted ability ain't lost with the Mannings. I'll bet we're in the hunt for Arch. We'll see.

True, but they had an absolutely loaded defense. Something we may not sniff for a few years.
Agree. OU now has its quarterback, for hopefully at least two more years. At this stage, Dart may not be the priority OU should covet. But if Dart chooses OU, that may end any hope of Manning or Arnold coming.
What I want to see happen is:
For OU to land high end defensive help (and the 2022 class and the transfer portal reflects a good start in that direction).
Recruit QB Jackson Arnold from Denton. I think Manning is too entrenched by family ties to play outside of the old Confederacy. If I'm wrong, that will be great. I think OU will get a commitment from Arnold if Dart decides on Mississippi.
Capitalize on Venables' and his coaches from Ole Miss and Clemson to extract some of that southern talent.
In 13 days, there's the second signing day and OU has some elite players, OL Campbell, OL Conerly CB Jahill Florence and DT Ahmad Moten...that I know bout....considering OU.
Bottom line is that I could not have hoped for a better series of events to have occurred since "the life of Riley" at OU ended.

My idea of Dart's situation today is that he took the BYU visit.....in Utah.....as a way to satisfy himself and his parents that playing close to home is or is not an option before deciding his final landing spot.
OU fans should not panic or be overly unhappy if Dart doesn't come to OU, which I think will happen as playing backup for a year might not appeal to him. I don't blame him at all if he feels this way. And I think Ole Miss is a better place for him at this time.
OU has Gabriel and a high-end freshman in Evers coming in this year.
And a year from now I expect Lebby to reel in an elite QB like Jackson Arnold or Arch Manning to continue OU's chain of great QB's.
OU will not lose out either way.

Saw where Kiffin met with JT Daniels, QB from Georgia. He and a WR are said to be a package deal. So if Dart is wanting to go to Ole Miss he better pull the trigger before Daniels.

Reactions: CTOkie
I wouldnt mind seeing Ole Miss going 4-8 and ou going 10-2. People say its kiffins offense, hopefully they sputter without Lebby and OU outdoes what they have done in years past.
Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in-between. Maybe it's Matt Corral's offense. He got injured in the Sugar Bowl, and Kiffin/Lebby's offense put up a grand total of 7 points against Baylor. Although if he had remained healthy, the Ole Miss offense wasn't exactly lighting it up against the Bears. OU's offense looked better against them down in Waco.

Jaden Rashada is big time. Heard he will be on campus this weekend. This kid can sling it. I know Manning is #1 QB but this kid may be better, IMO

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in-between. Maybe it's Matt Corral's offense. He got injured in the Sugar Bowl, and Kiffin/Lebby's offense put up a grand total of 7 points against Baylor. Although if he had remained healthy, the Ole Miss offense wasn't exactly lighting it up against the Bears. OU's offense looked better against them down in Waco.
I need to watch Lebby’s offense a little more. Maybe Corral was an exception but it seemed like I’m their bowl game he kept the ball a lot and ran it himself. I’m assuming that’s by design as a read and react situation , no necessarily by design? Then I noticed their back up didn’t run it as much.

So for those in the know, does Lebby’s offense require a pretty good running qb or is it tailored to each qb strengths. Maybe Corral liked to run it but it will make a qb more susceptible to injury.

Williams dedication to OU is obviously not his top priority. He has been dumb and burned some bridges with some players and many fans. I've personally moved on from him
He wasn't even that good. He got himself benched and replaced with Rattler in the ridiculous loss to Baylor. Gamers don't get benched.

I've never seen Arch play. I think he might be the top rated qb in his class. Is he really that good, or is the Manning name and lineage opening doors for him?

Reactions: Oklabama
Manning is good, but Jackson Arnold isnt to far behind him, and is a better runner than Manning.
Gone are the days of loyalty. We can no longer expect a QB to play more than a year or two with the new NIL system. Gotta keep the cupboard stocked and hope someone doesn't slip through the cracks each year.

Get em both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT