ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxson Dart

Has to be fake news, what will be interesting is to see if Caleb Williams attends classes tomorrow, USC started classes last week.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Yall really going on about the twitter post from this afternoon that he says #notcomitted?

th

Al on the Sports Animal (I know,,,) said Williams has a meeting set with BV and Lebby Wednesday,,,fwiw.

Hopefully they tell him we’ve signed Dart and his selfish fiasco is over. If he were to stay at OU he’d be fodder for every mishap and would never live up to the expectations he has inadvertently created for himself. The fans would expect 2 NC’s in a row with the drama this has created.

Reactions: 22LR
Al on the Sports Animal (I know,,,) said Williams has a meeting set with BV and Lebby Wednesday,,,fwiw.
frou...As a Seriously Senior Sooner, I respectfully request that you Please elaborate when you post 'Williams'..I don't know if it's Williams #1...#2...#3, as I can't tell the players without a program! :p I'm just kidding you...I scrolled back up, then assumed it was C. Williams, not M. Williams, or G. Williams. If so, that makes the potential meeting a lot more interesting...One of those things that make you go Hmmmmm...o_O

Last edited:
He’s probably going to give OU an opportunity to beat his offer from USC. No thanks let him go there and rebuild with Riley. He only has 2 years left before he goes pro. I think he knows OU makes more sense but greed is getting the best of that family so he’s trying to have his cake and eat it too. Hope we are just moving on at this point and not setting any precedents

I have moved on as well. At this point I hope CW doesn't stay. OU has put together a Tremendous Coaching Staff, has picked up some nice portal players recently, have a Top 10 recruiting class coming in and are still in the mix for the USC Duo. Let's remember that UGA just won a National Championship with a Walk-on QB.

It seems CW has Oklahoma, USC and Dart on the hook.

I'd be very open with young Mr. Williams that he's no longer the starting QB and that he'll have to earn it back if he returns. Commitment goes both ways.

I wouldn’t be surprised if OU has a deal in principal with Dart to come to OU contingent upon Caleb being gone. OU may be holding all the marbles and giving Caleb the last opportunity to shit or get off the pot

frou...As a Seriously Senior Sooner, I respectfully request that you Please elaborate when you post 'Williams'..I don't know if it's Williams #1...#2...#3, as I can't tell the players without a program! :p I'm just kidding you...I scrolled back up, then assumed it was C. Williams, not M. Williams, or G. Williams. If so, that makes the potential meeting a lot more interesting...One of those things that make you go Hmmmmm...o_O
haha ok, I got ya!! from this point forward it's C. Williams for me lol!

Dart turns 19 in May and is 2-1/2 years younger than Gabriel so he might be okay with a backup role getting ready for 2023 when Gabriel leaves.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Dart turns 19 in May and is 2-1/2 years younger than Gabriel so he might be okay with a backup role getting ready for 2023 when Gabriel leaves.
I read on another board that Gabriel was supposedly brought to OU with the expectation that he may have to compete for the starting job as anyone should but who really knows I'm just an armchair speculator.

I for one dont think we need Dart or Williams. Let the competition be between Gabriel, Ruckers, and Bowens. If we can establish the run game, any of these guys will win games. Plus Manning is more likely to choose OU if there isnt a Dart or Williams on campus.

Reactions: ranxfromindy
I for one don't think we need Dart or Williams. Let the competition be between Gabriel, Ruckers, and Bowens. If we can establish the run game, any of these guys will win games. Plus Manning is more likely to choose OU if there isnt a Dart or Williams on campus.
Coe, you make a good point.
I will add that freshman Nick Evers, the 4-star QB from Flower Mound, Texas may also be a candidate to backup Gabriel. He's never mentioned much when we chat about the QB depth this year.
Also, I think Arch Manning is a bit of a hail Mary recruit for OU next year, but if Dart goes to Ole Miss, OU should recruit Manning hard. And as you said, no Williams or Dart on the roster won't hurt OU's chances.
I think re-recruiting Malachi Nelson and recruiting Jackson Arnold (Denton, Texas) may be OU's easier alternatives.
All that said, I hope Gabriel gives OU at least two years of service....through the 2023 season....to better insure there's always an elite QB on the roster.
BTW.....when Dart visited OU, he had his mother with him. At Ole Miss, Dart had both parents and his high school coach with him. This may not be a good sign for OU.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Hopefully they tell him we’ve signed Dart and his selfish fiasco is over. If he were to stay at OU he’d be fodder for every mishap and would never live up to the expectations he has inadvertently created for himself. The fans would expect 2 NC’s in a row with the drama this has created.
One over time win and all would be forgotten with Caleb. I have a difference of opinion. Caleb was/is weighing his options in the market place. Anyone with his talent would be a fool not to do so. Today's college football player is a different animal from just a few years ago. I agree that the fan would possibly give Caleb a ration of SH*T but that could be erased by one huge play to win a game.

One over time win and all would be forgotten with Caleb. I have a difference of opinion. Caleb was/is weighing his options in the market place. Anyone with his talent would be a fool not to do so. Today's college football player is a different animal from just a few years ago. I agree that the fan would possibly give Caleb a ration of SH*T but that could be erased by one huge play to win a game.
Yeah, and today's sports fan is a different animal from just a few years ago....one that has to accept the bullshit by players, coaches, managers and owners as sports teams on both the college and professional levels come up with new money making ways to spit in the faces of their fan base. Professional sports has it down to a science and college sports are catching up.

I for one dont think we need Dart or Williams. Let the competition be between Gabriel, Ruckers, and Bowens. If we can establish the run game, any of these guys will win games. Plus Manning is more likely to choose OU if there isnt a Dart or Williams on campus.
Oh snap!

Yeah, and today's sports fan is a different animal from just a few years ago....one that has to accept the bullshit by players, coaches, managers and owners as sports teams on both the college and professional levels come up with new money making ways to spit in the faces of their fan base. Professional sports has it down to a science and college sports are catching up.
We cannot forget the part that the universities plays in this saga. OU's pursuit of big money donors borders embarrassing. Joe C's team have played a major role. Money, money, money.

Manning isn’t choosing OU.

Reactions: Belldozer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT