ADVERTISEMENT

I'll tell you why we want Alabama to beat Auburn & then beat Georgia & Miami to beat Clemson

Can't see the committee putting in a team that didn't even win their division, much less their conference.

Now if Wisky loses then that last spot might go to tOSU and *maybe* 1-loss Bama displaces 2-loss you.

But I still have a hard time imagining a conference champion being supplanted by a team that didn't even win their division.

Imagine if Auburn loses to Georgia. Bama goes in ahead if Auburn? Really? I doubt it.

Reactions: iasooner1
Football is not basketball. In basketball you can have 30 games and then playoffs begin. In football you have 12, and many think that's too many games anyway. Having endless playoffs brings the prospect of teams playing 16-17 games in one season.

College athletes receive no pay for their participation. That's why they are what they are: student-athletes. People like Prentice Gautt. Or Lee Roy Selmon, or countless others. They are there for an education, and athletic scholarships help with that goal.

I'm tired of people wanting college ball to be more like the pro game. A small portion of college footbally players become pros, but that isn't even a dream for many if not most of those.
The FCS manages to have a 24 team playoff. They can only award 63 scholarships for 85 players. Nobody complains about their game load.

Every level of football but FBS has a legitimate playoff. What FBS has now is the exact same BCS crap with a human group deciphering the poll data and selecting the 4 teams for a +1 scenario. They call it a playoff because we want them to but it isn't a playoff.

Reactions: iasooner1
Cue all the SEC apologists begging to get 'Bama and the SEC champ both in. And tOSU beggars as well.
Win and in:
OU
UW
Clem/Miami winner
Aub/UGA winner.

Only chance 'Bama has is if OU or UW loses. Only chance anyone else has is if BOTH lose.

If they expand to 8 teams, it will happen only because they can't otherwise get 2 SEC teams in.

8 Team playoff should consist of
--5 P5 Champions (no more scenarios like tOSU last year), assuming a top 15 rating, otherwise conference loses it's spot.
--1 highest rated rated non-P5 team (like UCF this year), assuming a top 15 rating, otherwise loses this spot.
--2 at large, but no more than 1 from each conference (otherwise they'd just pick 2 SEC teams every year cuz, ya know, SEC is soooooo much better /end sarcasm)

Football is not basketball. In basketball you can have 30 games and then playoffs begin. In football you have 12, and many think that's too many games anyway. Having endless playoffs brings the prospect of teams playing 16-17 games in one season.

College athletes receive no pay for their participation. That's why they are what they are: student-athletes. People like Prentice Gautt. Or Lee Roy Selmon, or countless others. They are there for an education, and athletic scholarships help with that goal.

I'm tired of people wanting college ball to be more like the pro game. A small portion of college footbally players become pros, but that isn't even a dream for many if not most of those.

YCN, No one is wanting it to be like the NFL but what most fans want is a system that actually gets rid of the human element. I personally don't understand or get why fans are so against an 8 team playoff system that would actually remove that stupid human element.

Most of us have been following this game for 50 plus years and even though some think this new playoff system is 'Heaven on wheels" there is also likely just as many that want a truer playoff system. I know I do and I don' t believe for one minute that going to 8 will devalue the regular season at all.

This year alone I could name you 8 teams easily that could win a NC from that group and I could go back in time and do the same for many other years. All this "We just want the best 4 teams" garbage is exactly what it is - Garbage. There is no clear cut way with the way CFB is played and the schedules differences to really know who those best 4 are. There is a way though to make conference championships actually mean something and that is for the P5 to have automatics with at least 1 G5 school with 2 WC based on a actual formula to fill out the 8 team format.

Again most don't want it to be the NFL but a good majority also doesn't like the human element of 12-13 so called non bias guys sitting in a room deciding who gets in and who doesn't. Especially considering that they do that behind closed doors in secrecy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT