ADVERTISEMENT

How many points will we have to score against Clemson?

If you want to talk about stats, someone can run a spreadsheet on here and load up OUr Orange Bowl numbers versus Clemson's appearances, just for grins. :D I believe we have won that Bowl about 47 times or so...

but last years team doesn't matter right? Baker, Stryker, Viper, etc.

I think at least 35. Watson is playing like Boykin last year and this year before the OSU game.. Should be close. Mafia probably right about turnovers likely the difference but so far OU has had the better of the turnover battles.

Reactions: iasooner1
The comparison were team stats, because your homeboy stated "Oklahoma is about to face, by FAR, the best defense they have faced all year. Not my opinion; it's just NCAA statistics."

Clemson is about to face, by FAR, the best offense they have faced all year. Not my opinion, it's just NCAA statistics.

Err.... Not really.
NCAA statistics for total offense:
OK ....7
NC.....19
ND......26

NCAA statistics for total defense:
Clemson....7
Akron(Do you REALLY count them? I think NOT).... 17
Tx (who you lost to)..... 107
TCU....................66
TN..(OK had to come from behind and scored how much in regulation?).... 46
If memory serves, TN has the highest total defense rank of anyone you've faced (not counting Akron), and they took you to a tie. Everyone else is ranked below 50.

Now, it's not REALLY the same, is it?

Not flaming. It's just statistics. It's not everything, but it helps paint a picture.
Generally, ACC schools have really good defenses. You guys have really good offenses, but we do have played a few of those too.
Now, NC's statistics were somewhat helped by their SOS, which was poor.
That is NOT ND's case. Their SOS is quite high, yet they still have a pretty potent offense... only 19 places behind you guys, and overall, they have faced, on average, better defenses than you have, so I would say they are quite comparable. And while FlaSt's numbers aren't as good this year, they are still LOADED with talent; I believe Dalvin Cook might be the best RB in the country. His YPC number is about 2 YPC higher than the guy at Alabama.

Based on this, I believe Clemson will hold you guys, in regulation, to about the same points total that TN did, and they could hold you to few points. (not counting the effects of turnovers).
Difference is, Clemson actually is better- considerably better - on both sides of the ball than TN.

Err.... Not really.
NCAA statistics for total offense:
OK ....7
NC.....19
ND......26

NCAA statistics for total defense:
Clemson....7
Akron(Do you REALLY count them? I think NOT).... 17
Tx (who you lost to)..... 107
TCU....................66
TN..(OK had to come from behind and scored how much in regulation?).... 46
If memory serves, TN has the highest total defense rank of anyone you've faced (not counting Akron), and they took you to a tie. Everyone else is ranked below 50.

Now, it's not REALLY the same, is it?

Not flaming. It's just statistics. It's not everything, but it helps paint a picture.
Generally, ACC schools have really good defenses. You guys have really good offenses, but we do have played a few of those too.
Now, NC's statistics were somewhat helped by their SOS, which was poor.
That is NOT ND's case. Their SOS is quite high, yet they still have a pretty potent offense... only 19 places behind you guys, and overall, they have faced, on average, better defenses than you have, so I would say they are quite comparable. And while FlaSt's numbers aren't as good this year, they are still LOADED with talent; I believe Dalvin Cook might be the best RB in the country. His YPC number is about 2 YPC higher than the guy at Alabama.

Based on this, I believe Clemson will hold you guys, in regulation, to about the same points total that TN did, and they could hold you to few points. (not counting the effects of turnovers).
Difference is, Clemson actually is better- considerably better - on both sides of the ball than TN.

Oklahoma's defense is good enough to beat 7 of the Top 50 offenses this year, including the top 3.

I think at least 35. Watson is playing like Boykin last year and this year before the OSU game.. Should be close. Mafia probably right about turnovers likely the difference but so far OU has had the better of the turnover battles.
Watson is playing like Boykin last year??????????????

If you ever moved to Oklahoma, you'd make a fine OSU fan.

Who the hell cares about star ratings?

Since 2009, Clemson's record is 70-23, or .753
Since 2009, OU's record is 70-21, or .769

The scoreboard talks, the rest is just noise.

What are the records since 2011, when all these current players have been on the rosters?

While I have any normal concerns in playing such a huge game, I feel like we Sooners are more confident in prevailing over the Tigers than they are over OU.

It's almost like every one of their posts are designed to convince themselves they'll win, not necessarily us.
Like it is always said, that's why they play the game...it just seems that there's a little chink in the Tigers fans armor with regard to their confidence level.
I suppose that could be the psyche trauma of having only one National title to lean on...way back in 1981.
Since then, OU has won TWO of them and played for three others.

Playing for championships here at OU is just another day at the office.
We aren't worried.:D
This post cracked me up. Chink in the armor. If you could see our homeboard Clemson fans are just as convinced we will win as you guys think you will. That is the way homeboards work. It is two very evenly matched teams from what I can tell with comparable talent levels. Those games usually boil down to a couple of great individual plays and a couple mistakes. We will see who does what...

Reactions: FreeSC
This post cracked me up. Chink in the armor. If you could see our homeboard Clemson fans are just as convinced we will win as you guys think you will. That is the way homeboards work. It is two very evenly matched teams from what I can tell with comparable talent levels. Those games usually boil down to a couple of great individual plays and a couple mistakes. We will see who does what...

Well, that's me...the minister of yukety yuk yuk.

Nope, to be clear, you all have as much reason to believe as we do.
The QBs will tell the difference really.
We like our chances too.

Both teams will likely be a little rusty on offense after a 4 week layoff so I am expecting a low scoring affair. Something like a 28-23 type game.
I've seen both teams play this year. We've played against Clemson. This game should be a shootout. Both teams in the high 30s or low 40s in my opinion. Clemson has a good defense. OU has a good defense. But neither defense is going to stop these two offenses in my opinion.

FSUs talent is sick if wanna do a comparison with them. NDs not so shabby either
OU doesn't have anybody in Dalvin Cook's league. OU has better players than FSU at other offensive skill positions. But on defense OU isn't near as good and talented as we (FSU) are. We are Top 10 in scoring defense and are the only team in the country to not allow any team to score more than 25 points in a game this year. Clemson scored 23 points on us. Clemson should have no problem scoring at least in the 30s on OU. The question is how many points will OU score on Clemson? They'll definitely score, the question is how much.

OU doesn't have anybody in Dalvin Cook's league. OU has better players than FSU at other offensive skill positions. But on defense OU isn't near as good and talented as we (FSU) are. We are Top 10 in scoring defense and are the only team in the country to not allow any team to score more than 25 points in a game this year. Clemson scored 23 points on us. Clemson should have no problem scoring at least in the 30s on OU. The question is how many points will OU score on Clemson? They'll definitely score, the question is how much.

Dalvin Cook is a great player but OU has the 2 headed monster, Perine and Mixon

Reactions: SwampFox99
Dalvin Cook is a great player but OU has the 2 headed monster, Perine and Mixon
Oh, I know OU has a lot of offensive talent. You'll score points on Clemson. The numbers suggest this is about as evenly matched as you can get. I'm just saying FSU is better defensively than OU by the numbers and Clemson put up 23 points on us. Clemson will score and score plenty on OU. OU will score and score plenty on Clemson. OU and Clemson both have solid defenses but neither has as dominant of a defense as FSU which means the offenses have the upper hand in this game. Should be a shootout.

While I have any normal concerns in playing such a huge game, I feel like we Sooners are more confident in prevailing over the Tigers than they are over OU.

It's almost like every one of their posts are designed to convince themselves they'll win, not necessarily us.
Like it is always said, that's why they play the game...it just seems that there's a little chink in the Tigers fans armor with regard to their confidence level.
I suppose that could be the psyche trauma of having only one National title to lean on...way back in 1981.

How cute, pretending like last years game never happened.

Signed,

40-6

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

Last years game must be extremely inconvenient to you huh?

You're talking in circles. You can't have it both ways.

My point is stop using stats to try to project how good your team is. OU fans are pretty confident we'll hang with you no matter how inflated talent wise you think your team is compared to us.

Would you be more confident if OU had beaten Clemson 40-6 last year?

LOL. Who cares what I think? Here's what vegas thinks:

clemou.png

Yawn, what did Vegas think last year?

40-6

Clemson statistics were compiled against weaker competition. Weak Florest, several D2 teams, Syracuse , Their tough games were at home. Hope OU plays fast and physical. Hit Watson often.

Errr... partially right.
Most teams have weaker offenses, yes. Except for ND, FlaSt, and NC. Their offenses are very comparable to OUs.
The real difference is that Clemson has played far better defenses than OU. If I'm not mistaken, we played 8 teams with statistically better defenses than you did. The ACC is a much more defensive league.

Clemson statistics were compiled against weaker competition. Weak Florest, several D2 teams, Syracuse , Their tough games were at home. Hope OU plays fast and physical. Hit Watson often.

Did you buy your Sooner shirt and hat yet, gamecawk?

Good luck in your bowl game.

Can't wait to read this stuff friday. Quempson fans will either be blaming something or somebody if they lose. OU fans will get to find out who the obnoxious Clemmons fans are if OU wins. GO SOONERS! Pretty sure the bad Clem tech fans will start early with this post.
To the good Taters...good luck, but you understand my chant. GO SOONERS!!!

Reactions: K2C Sooner
The comparison were team stats, because your homeboy stated "Oklahoma is about to face, by FAR, the best defense they have faced all year. Not my opinion; it's just NCAA statistics."

Clemson is about to face, by FAR, the best offense they have faced all year. Not my opinion, it's just NCAA statistics.

Looks like you were right all along. I'm so embarrassed.

oklahoma team and fans are the most pussified bunch have ever seen in football, never thought your program was like this but I have seen the light you are pitiful

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT