ADVERTISEMENT

Guys I'm pretty surprised were not drafted from the XII.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Baylor's fleet receiver Antwan Goodley. Also quite surprised their inside linebacker Bryce Hager wasn't drafted until their were only 13 picks left. Very surprised that Bryce Petty lasted til day three. He was the fourth player this morning, right after Daryl Williams.

TCU running back B.J. Catalon and especially their DB Kevin White, who played a great game covering West Virginia's first round receiver Kevin White.

They had a couple of other defenders that had really good years, but weren't drafted.

Kenny Shead. And I thought Julian might be. He was horrible after he got hurt, but a pretty good player early in the year.

Two biggest shocks: former elite recruits at Texas Malcolm Brown, the running back, considered the best in the state his senior year, and elite defensive end Cedrick Reed both went undrafted. Also a bit surprised that Quandry Diggs, whose brother was a first rounder a decade ago, lasted til late sixth.

And BTW, A&M running back Trae Williams wasn't drafted either.

Pretty amazing year when OU walk on fullback Aaron Ripkowski got drafted, and former top ten Texas recruit, stud hoss running back Malcolm Brown didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
The knock on Goodley is his hands and the scheme he played in at Baylor. He is also just 5'10. I agree though I thought he would at least get drafted in the later rounds.

Reactions: BillyRay
Baylor's fleet receiver Antwan Goodley. Also quite surprised their inside linebacker Bryce Hager wasn't drafted until their were only 13 picks left. Very surprised that Bryce Harper lasted til day three. He was the fourth player this morning, right after Daryl Williams.

TCU running back B.J. Catalon and especially their DB Kevin White, who played a great game covering West Virginia's first round receiver Kevin White.

They had a couple of other defenders that had really good years, but weren't drafted.

Kenny Shead. And I thought Julian might be. He was horrible after he got hurt, but a pretty good player early in the year.

Two biggest shocks: former elite recruits at Texas Malcolm Brown, the running back, considered the best in the state his senior year, and elite defensive end Cedrick Reed both went undrafted. Also a bit surprised that Quandry Diggs, whose brother was a first rounder a decade ago, lasted til late sixth.

Pretty amazing year when OU walk on fullback Aaron Ripkowski got drafted, and former top ten Texas recruit, stud hoss running back Malcolm Brown didn't.

Did the Lockett kid go from KSU? I've been at the horse track all day.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Did the Lockett kid go from KSU? I've been at the horse track all day.
giphy.gif

Baylor's fleet receiver Antwan Goodley. Also quite surprised their inside linebacker Bryce Hager wasn't drafted until their were only 13 picks left. Very surprised that Bryce Harper lasted til day three. He was the fourth player this morning, right after Daryl Williams.

Bryce Harper was the number 1 pick.

Reactions: Brentwood Sooner
Just before church this morning, I saw that and went to correct it and my computer locked up. So I was going to come log in and correct it when I saw your reply. Petty Petty Petty. Not Harper.

I think it's mostly the meds. But part of it is my brain's typical rare malfunction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT