ADVERTISEMENT

Gundy

Scottsdale, thanks for all the info.

It is a sad situation all around but Venables could NOT sit around and do nothing.
I agree. I cannot believe that the situation could not have been avoided by Gundy. There is no need to say it once, let alone many times, if either was the case. It is an unfortunate situation. Venables had little choice based on the platform he has established.

I think there will be more rumors to emanate from Norman in the next few days.

What if the offending player was white? What if the words were his and not rap song lyrics?
I watched a clip from a guy that said from what he was told a lot of folks would be surprised who the player was, your post sounds a lot like what he described.

I watched a clip from a guy that said from what he was told a lot of folks would be surprised who the player was, your post sounds a lot like what he described.
We can expect to hear more about this. I don't expect much more to come from Venables. Many believe there is something amiss on the backside of this story. I have no information or insight to support that belief. I was asked to use my best Dr. Watson theory of deduction. Who would be the most surprising from the WR room to be the player involved? What circumstances would make the situation more surprising?

Reactions: Belldozer1
Turk is quite the opposite! He sought a transfer from ASU when they wanted to force him to take the jab or not play football. Good kid that is a leader much like his fiancé Grace Lyons.
I made an effort to look up Michael Turk's story. I knew his religion was very strong. His standoff with ASU made news here. I knew he was very grateful for the opportunity at OU. What I didn't know was his the level of acceptance the OU football team as a whole placed on him as a person. I was told that there is not one person on the football team that Michael has not sought out to speak with and to get to know one on one. I was told his bible studies have increased participation and gained him much respect from his teammates. Michael's approach was said to be very educating rather than preaching. I am not a religious person so I have little appreciation for his craft. I found nothing that would lead me to label him "woke".

Last edited:
I made an effort to look up Michael Turk's story. I knew his religion was very strong. His standoff with ASU made news here. I knew he was very grateful for the opportunity at OU. What I didn't know was his the level of acceptance the OU football team as a whole placed on him as a person. I was told that there is not one person on the football team that Michael has not sought out to speak with and to get to know one on one. I was told his bible studies have increased participation and gained him much respect from his teammates. Michael's approach was said to be very educating rather than preaching. I am not a religious person so I have little appreciation for his craft. I found nothing that would lead me to label him "woke".
I've watched his videos for a while now, good kid

Reactions: tansoonerfan
My man in our sad state of affairs these days and my impatience in my old age you could be right. My faculties are correct though. I'm not led. 😉
Love you, Woody! I get a little twisted and post sometimes. I was reading a few things I posted last night that I don't even remember. On reading them, I couldn't even decypher what I was trying to say, and I still had numerous "likes" on the posts. It's warming when people actually understand your crazy better than you do.

Love you, Woody! I get a little twisted and post sometimes. I was reading a few things I posted last night that I don't even remember. On reading them, I couldn't even decypher what I was trying to say, and I still had numerous "likes" on the posts. It's warming when people actually understand your crazy better than you do.
And I'm good with that brother. I ain't perfect. We learn this in time. I've 55 years worth of knuckleheadedness. My man 👍

Last edited:
From the Twitter account @CatGundy

"Interesting you told your players to keep their mouths shut about what really happened and their heads down (emoji) The truth will always come to fruition, its only a matter of time".

Unquote

The tweet was quickly deleted.
What really happened?

Think old school pre cellphone third grade when the teacher caught you passing a note and would read it in front of the entire class to mock you...

This.

I love me some Gundy. But wowza...this a bad decision on his behalf. He not only read it, but I heard it was placed on a big screen for all to read. This was a time to set the WR room straight and instead of telling the Wr to leave and deal w/ him later, he mocked and embarrass him in front of his team mates. Bad decision. What is worse to me is that he took an iPad and did this. Not cool. Then reading the N word multiple times, come man, those days are long gone as was his tactic of discipline. He must've been pissed off and quite upset to do something like that. I think he lost his WR room. Any way you slice it it isn't good. We lost a great recruiter and longterm coach. But he brought this on himself.

This is clearly BVs team and BV is setting a new culture and we are witnessing it firsthand.

From the Twitter account @CatGundy

"Interesting you told your players to keep their mouths shut about what really happened and their heads down (emoji) The truth will always come to fruition, its only a matter of time".

Unquote

The tweet was quickly deleted.
Was she directing her comment at Coach Venables?

Yes you are incoherent. Nothing to get over. You are not much of a distraction. More annoyance than distraction. Like trying to explain something to a child.

Keep it coming. We're all better for it. Sometimes I get so busy that I don't have the time to research and/or keep up w/ what's happening. so I appreciate your posts.

This.

I love me some Gundy. But wowza...this a bad decision on his behalf. He not only read it, but I heard it was placed on a big screen for all to read. This was a time to set the WR room straight and instead of telling the Wr to leave and deal w/ him later, he mocked and embarrass him in front of his team mates. Bad decision. What is worse to me is that he took an iPad and did this. Not cool. Then reading the N word multiple times, come man, those days are long gone as was his tactic of discipline. He must've been pissed off and quite upset to do something like that. I think he lost his WR room. Any way you slice it it isn't good. We lost a great recruiter and longterm coach. But he brought this on himself.

This is clearly BVs team and BV is setting a new culture and we are witnessing it firsthand.
Thank you for posting that, newnasty. I'm very limited in what I can comfortably post.

If Drake Stoops was the player....wow
I don’t ever see an instance where Gundy would “go off” on Drake Stoops. But I may be wrong. Cale’s daughter’s deleted tweet claims that Brent isn’t telling the full story and has told his players to “keep their mouths shut” but the tweet was deleted within minutes which suggests that wasn’t the case. I feel bad for Cale but I think it would be best for him and OU if he just remains silent and continues to be a Sooner forever no matter where he ends up. I wish him well.

I don’t ever see an instance where Gundy would “go off” on Drake Stoops. But I may be wrong. Cale’s daughter’s deleted tweet claims that Brent isn’t telling the full story and has told his players to “keep their mouths shut” but the tweet was deleted within minutes which suggests that wasn’t the case. I feel bad for Cale but I think it would be best for him and OU if he just remains silent and continues to be a Sooner forever no matter where he ends up. I wish him well.
Well said.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Drake Stoops has never added up to me. I cannot see Gundy going after Drake. In all cases, Drake Stoops has been the poster boy for doing more. Drake, by reputation, would seem to be the last guy in the room to not pay attention and be distracted. There are many different versions of what happened floating around. I hope the issue is dying a natural death and goes away. I hope the silence indicates a unity within the team and staff to not keep the matter alive.

Drake Stoops has never added up to me. I cannot see Gundy going after Drake. In all cases, Drake Stoops has been the poster boy for doing more. Drake, by reputation, would seem to be the last guy in the room to not pay attention and be distracted. There are many different versions of what happened floating around. I hope the issue is dying a natural death and goes away. I hope the silence indicates a unity within the team and staff to not keep the matter alive.
Totally agree.

If they were able to keep 'The Rest of the Story' regarding The Weak Linc, then they will no doubt be able to shut this one down, equally well...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT