ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck sooners, here's a photo what clemson think of your team....

LOL.....Ask him if 63-17 means anything to him, if you want to see his blood pressure rise.
One thing you need to remember about chicken fans - they have to tie their hopes and dreams on other teams.
Generally it's Alabama or Auburn , but for right now it's Oklahoma. Last week it was North Carolina.
But soon enough all you'll hear is their women's basketball team is the best thing since sliced bread.
Amen, brother.......Coots have to live vicariously through other teams, they have an Alabama mouth and Vanderbilt trophy case.

Just for the record everyone knows the truth. South Carolina fans are going to wish OU good luck, just like clemsux fans do on the message boards of the teams south Carolina plays. I'm sure it's the same story with OUand Oklahoma State. Clempson tater fans like to make things up. Oh, and sorry ass south Carolina has beat clemsux 5 of the past 7 years somehow. Hopefully you will blow them out worse than west Virginia did a few years ago. 70-33. Go Sooners. Stay away from the ones wearing orunge overalls they will try and hump you.
Bring it, Coot....your season is over!!!

For the Gamecock (Coots) fans posting on the Sooners board, the best and most prophetic poster at ESPN Gameday this year was the picture of Spurrier and a Christmas tree with the caption, "I'll be home for Christmas" loved it, and we all really new it was true, event though it was early in the season.

Cutiger North Carolina and fsu have beat no one. Their top 10 ranking means nothing. They are only there because the rest of your conference is pathetic and they are a tad better.

Cutiger North Carolina and fsu have beat no one. Their top 10 ranking means nothing. They are only there because the rest of your conference is pathetic and they are a tad better.
Their ranking is based on the same thing as Okl & Clem's ranking : placement by an independent committee.
You are welcome to your opinion; everyone is. But actually it is your opinion that doesn't matter.
The results of the committee are actually the ONLY thing that matters.

Say what you wish, but u know I'm 100% right

I understand what you are saying, and you are perfectly validated in saying that.
It just doesn't really matter.
I have perfect logic for saying Alabama absolutely should not be in the top 4, too, and that doesn't matter either.

NONE of the polls through the year matter.
No one's opinion matters, except those guys in that room that generated the last poll at the end of the year.

That is ALL that matters.
Everything else is just smoke & mirrors.

And THAT is the truth, whether you accept it or not.

B_SAzHTW8AA7DhJ.jpg
Clemson has a "graveyard" with tombstones celebrating wins on the road against ranked teams. We hope to add a few more as we go along.

Clemson has a "graveyard" with tombstones celebrating wins on the road against ranked teams. We hope to add a few more as we go along.

Seems kinda gay if you ask me. We have schools like Clemson in our conference too... programs that don't know how to act like they've been there before.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Seems kinda gay if you ask me. We have schools like Clemson in our conference too... programs that don't know how to act like they've been there before.

I thought it was weird too. You would think they would plant a tombstone when they have a bad game against a great opponent. You know, let's never forget, but life goes on.

You win a big game, then you have trophy room to display the prize. Build bigger trophy rooms the more you win, just like we do............

Reactions: 22LR
The South Carolina Gamepud fans probably like to tip over those grave markers at night and run away giggling.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I thought "coots" was short for "cooties".

As in, "What do ya mean cooties? No cooties on me."

I understand what you are saying, and you are perfectly validated in saying that.
It just doesn't really matter.
I have perfect logic for saying Alabama absolutely should not be in the top 4, too, and that doesn't matter either.

NONE of the polls through the year matter.
No one's opinion matters, except those guys in that room that generated the last poll at the end of the year.

That is ALL that matters.
Everything else is just smoke & mirrors.

And THAT is the truth, whether you accept it or not.

The only reason you say this is because you know Bama would beat Clemson by 2 scores. The only reason Clemson is even in this mix is because of a weak ACC.

Cutiger you guys are bragging about the ACc and having 3 top 10 teams. Nd isn't in the acc

They are a formidable opponent. They have the best defense OU has seen yet this year and a Heisman runner up QB. It should be a great game.

Reactions: FreeSC
The only reason you say this is because you know Bama would beat Clemson by 2 scores. The only reason Clemson is even in this mix is because of a weak ACC.

Actually, no, I say that because Bama has only played ONE team ranked in the top 15 and they LOST that game.
Clemson BEAT 3 TOP 10 teams. Based on the resume's, Bama has no business in the top 4. Clemson, with an identical resume', would be ranked about # 8.
In the last 3 - 4 years, Bama has CONSISTENTLY LOST to spread, fast-paced teams with mobile QBs. This year, they lost AT HOME to a team that has Clemson's former 3rd team QB as their starting QB. Bama is good, but the fact is, the SEC has pretty much sucked last year and this year. In fact, last year, despite the ESPN bashing, the ACC was CLEARLY better than the SEC last year top to bottom, something validated in the NFL draft, where more ACC players were taken in the first round than SEC players.

This year, at the top, the ACC is better than the SEC again. FlaSt (the ACCs 3rd best team), in the Swamp, beat Florida worse than Bama beat them on a neutral field.

Clemson will beat Bama by two scores. Mark it down.

I'm not saying the big 12 is great, but other than Clemson the ACC was pathetic.

Except FlaSt beat Fla worse than Bama, and FlaSt recruits in the top 5 every rear.
NC has shown thru their play that they are a competitive team.
ACC has 3 top 10 teams. You may not agree because of the ESPN brainwashing, but the rankings are about right.
The best team in the country might play garbage all season.
It just has nothing to do with them being the best team. You aren't better just because you play good competition. If you were, USuC would b a good team, but they suck.

Except FlaSt beat Fla worse than Bama, and FlaSt recruits in the top 5 every rear.
NC has shown thru their play that they are a competitive team.
ACC has 3 top 10 teams. You may not agree because of the ESPN brainwashing, but the rankings are about right.
The best team in the country might play garbage all season.
It just has nothing to do with them being the best team. You aren't better just because you play good competition. If you were, USuC would b a good team, but they suck.
well damn,i guess the Sooners should just forfeit the game,looks like we have no chance.

Reactions: veritas59
I don't know if we wanna go there Mike. TCU, Baylor, and OSU also didn't have their starting QB's playing.

It was tongue in cheek comment, as Clemson fans have said the only reason OU beat those 3 teams is because they all were without their QB. So it was a little sarcasm.

It was tongue in cheek comment, as Clemson fans have said the only reason OU beat those 3 teams is because they all were without their QB. So it was a little sarcasm.
I thought it might have been but wasn't sure. That is the only thing the worries me about our victories over those teams. Would we have won all three if they had their QB's? TCU would have been a loss I'm afraid

I thought it might have been but wasn't sure. That is the only thing the worries me about our victories over those teams. Would we have won all three if they had their QB's? TCU would have been a loss I'm afraid

Might have been if Baker goes down. However if their QB played, that changes history and Backer plays the entire game. TCU couldn't stop Baker and OU. Also TCU back up played well.

well damn,i guess the Sooners should just forfeit the game,looks like we have no chance.

I'm not saying all that.

But, you guys are pretty confident you'll beat Clemson; we are fairly confident we'll beat you guys. That's what fans do.

I'm slightly different, in that as an engineer, I tend to be data driven. Stats certainly aren't everything, but they matter to a degree. If you look at the stats, the biggest thing that stands out is that Clemson's defense, BY FAR, is the best defense you guys have seen this year. You guys face great offenses, but the defenses your guys have seen are really poor, in general.
I would expect this defense to limit your offense to about the lowest points total you've seen all year based on that.
And, by the same degree, because of what they face in your defense, I would expect Clemson's offense to perform on about their average level for the year. Most defenses they have seen are about as good, if not better, than your defense; but you guys were certainly VERY good between the tackles last year
We'll see. It's gonna be a great game.

I'm not saying all that.

But, you guys are pretty confident you'll beat Clemson; we are fairly confident we'll beat you guys. That's what fans do.

I'm slightly different, in that as an engineer, I tend to be data driven. Stats certainly aren't everything, but they matter to a degree. If you look at the stats, the biggest thing that stands out is that Clemson's defense, BY FAR, is the best defense you guys have seen this year. You guys face great offenses, but the defenses your guys have seen are really poor, in general.
I would expect this defense to limit your offense to about the lowest points total you've seen all year based on that.
And, by the same degree, because of what they face in your defense, I would expect Clemson's offense to perform on about their average level for the year. Most defenses they have seen are about as good, if not better, than your defense; but you guys were certainly VERY good between the tackles last year
We'll see. It's gonna be a great game.
im not all that confident,lol but i think we have a good chance.

Might have been if Baker goes down. However if their QB played, that changes history and Backer plays the entire game. TCU couldn't stop Baker and OU. Also TCU back up played well.
I know Baker wasn't playing the 2nd half against TCU, but if they had Boykin then we would have gotten beat. We got a bit lucky with that but you need those breaks in order to play for a NC.

That doesn't work that way. The entire dynamics of the game would've been different with Boykin in there. I can say if Texas was worth a crap we would have taken them as a serious opponent. That's an opinion on my part but that doesn't work. You never know unless the game is played with Boykin starting. You nor I will never know if either game would've been different.

If Boykin was playing in the 2nd half, with Mayfield hurt, we would have lost. We almost lost with their 2nd string QB in there

Well, I got my own dam picture. It's of a tiger bent over a barrel and Boomer going in dry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT