ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night - OU Commencement Cancelled in Norman. Storm just damaged...

Section22Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 8, 2002
Storm damaged the YMCA near Max W. Airport just after 5:00pm. Big windows blown in. Power lines are down in Norman. Much hail damage. Tennis balls covering the ground. Again, this is right now, Friday afternoon at 5:53pm.

Oklahoma weather sucks.

Medic007, thank you for what you do.

6:00pm
7,000 homes and businesses without power. Folks are currently stuck in the elevator (no power) of the Norman Hotel, the same hotel that was hit by the 'nader two nights ago.

Storm damaged the YMCA near Max W. Airport just after 5:00pm. Big windows blown in. Power lines are down in Norman. Much hail damage. Tennis balls covering the ground. Again, this is right now, Friday afternoon at 5:53pm.

Oklahoma weather sucks.

Stay save everybody.

Has anybody ever wondered why the downtowns of OKC and Tulsa have never been hit with tornados? Maybe I'm wrong, but I have never heard of the skyscraper districts having major damage. It's always the suburbs like Moore and even my home town of Catoosa.

I had major hail damage on my roof and told the roofer to wait until summer before I replace it. I'm glad I did as we have predictions for more hail this weekend.

Y'alls Channel 6 helicopter guy Clem Kadidlehopper is down here helping out Channel 9. But he doesn't know the area well, so he talks about scary looking clouds and that's about it. I wish he would break out in song.

I was thinking more along the lines of "Bird Bird Bird... Bird is the word. Ba ba ba ba bird bird bird..."

Oklahoma weather sucks.

So, the Commencement was cancelled because of storm damage a the YMCA? Seems like a small venue for all those students and family. :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT