ADVERTISEMENT

Color me confused.......

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
How did Will Muschamp get another head coaching job? At South Carolina to boot. I could see him at a Florida directional school, but what qualifies him for this job?

Will= Mike Stoops IMO. Both of them great defensive coords, but failures at the top job. Both are hot heads. Will actually failed at a blue blood program in Florida and Mike at Arizona which I put on the same level as USC.

Just pondering here...........

Reactions: toadfrog
How did Will Muschamp get another head coaching job? At South Carolina to boot. I could see him at a Florida directional school, but what qualifies him for this job?

Will= Mike Stoops IMO. Both of them great defensive coords, but failures at the top job. Both are hot heads. Will actually failed at a blue blood program in Florida and Mike at Arizona which I put on the same level as USC.

Just pondering here...........

Yep, he's the coach of 'coot' U. (I pressed them on that and it's a derogatory term used primarily by Clemson)
I thought he'd burned up any goodwill for HC after Florida but, someone sees something there that isn't obvious to the average fan.

As I understand it the Gamecock fans aren't that keen on it either.

So glad we've got Bob locked in for the time being.:D

USC is not on the same level as Arizona. Not even close. I think Mike will get another opportunity if he wants it.

Didn't Muschamp have to deal with a ton of injuries on offense while he was at Florida?? Florida just didn't have any offense while he was there. If they could have put points on the board, his story there would have been much different.
Every program is a different situation anyways. Just like Spurrier....the guy had an unreal run at Florida, but things never reached that level when he was a S. Carolina. Had Spurrier's coaching career been reversed and he encountered the same results at S. Carolina first, people would be scratching their heads at why he would get a chance at Florida.

Didn't Muschamp have to deal with a ton of injuries on offense while he was at Florida?? Florida just didn't have any offense while he was there. If they could have put points on the board, his story there would have been much different.
Every program is a different situation anyways. Just like Spurrier....the guy had an unreal run at Florida, but things never reached that level when he was a S. Carolina. Had Spurrier's coaching career been reversed and he encountered the same results at S. Carolina first, people would be scratching their heads at why he would get a chance at Florida.

Yep, he had a shocking amount of injuries to key studs. It was brutal. I might have been a little out of sorts too.

These big football schools, they don't care...you win or get out.
That is brutal too.

When you are the head coach you are kind of in charge of making sure you hire someone who can put points on the board. From what I remember it didn't take him long to submarine the Florida program. I can't imagine the SC fan base is thrilled with that hire. You have Clemson (your instate rival) the #1 team in the country and your "splash" is Muschamp? Get real.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
When you are the head coach you are kind of in charge of making sure you hire someone who can put points on the board. From what I remember it didn't take him long to submarine the Florida program. I can't imagine the SC fan base is thrilled with that hire. You have Clemson (your instate rival) the #1 team in the country and your "splash" is Muschamp? Get real.

Dallas, thanks for turning me onto this site. I don't know if you are still following it, but it has great info. You might want to repost it for others. And next year, let's pin this site......

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

It's Charlie Weiz all over again. If Muschump can't win at Florida, he has no shot at winning at USClite.

Two years ago, the gators were using a true freshman qb by the third week. By week five 4 of 5 starting OL were already out. In following weeks they lost the reserves who'd replaced them. After their 6th or 7th game, they'd lost 20 players for at least 4 games, more than half of them for the season. It was brutal.
Hard to determine whether he can be a good HC or not, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT