ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING...Game Day...

SS, this is fun. I played in the pit orchestra for the following musicals, and I'm sure there's one or two I can't remember:

South Pacific
Pal Joey
The Stingiest Man in Town
Jesus Christ Superstar
Carousel
Camelot
Caberet
Man of LaMancha
Fiddler on the Roof
The Music Man
West Side Story

This, plus all the years of playing gigs with big bands, top 40 bands, etc.. has wired my brain to think of a song at nearly every turn of a phrase.

I guess there are worse afflictions.

SS, this is fun. I played in the pit orchestra for the following musicals, and I'm sure there's one or two I can't remember:

South Pacific
Pal Joey
Jesus Christ Superstar
Carousel
Camelot
Caberet
Man of LaMancha
Fiddler on the Roof
The Music Man
West Side Story

This, plus all the years of playing gigs with big bands, top 40 bands, etc.. has wired my brain to think of a song at nearly every turn of a phrase.

I’ve long suspected that you’ve led an interesting life, V…Thanks for sharing this chapter! Many of YOUR Plays/Shows are Faves of mine...I cannot imagine ANYTHING I’d rather be surrounded by, more than Music! I have it playing in my home 24/7 and Yes, each song triggers an emotion of another time/place/person …Sometimes, I have to change the selection…wipe the tears, and soldier on…

And it IS Fun...Something we need more of, these days...

South Pacific
Pal Joey
Jesus Christ Superstar
Carousel
Camelot
Caberet
Man of LaMancha
Fiddler on the Roof
The Music Man
West Side Story

There's the Goodspeed Opera House here in Connecticut (20 minutes away) featuring musicals like 42nd Street, Fiddler on the Roof, Carousel, Oklahoma !, Rags, etc, that we have annual memberships with. We attend 4 shows per year on Sunday afternoons. Afterwards, we eat at the Gelston House Restaurant overlooking the Connecticut River.
I like "afflictions" like this !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT