ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have an answer for Ollie?

This is OUr last Bedlam at that. Who's gonna get the last laugh?
Great question.

This is OUr last Bedlam at that. Who's gonna get the last laugh?
Ollie Gordon is putting up freakishly high numbers!

Reactions: iasooner2000
B Sanders & T Thomas never beat the Sooners so why start a trend ?

Back then, OU had a bunch of talented running backs who had a high yards per carry average. Guys like Spencer Tillman, Patrick Collins, Lydell Carr, Anthony Stafford, Mike Gaddis to name a few.

So far on this 2023 OU team, it looks like the most effective running back is a walk-on.

We have a lot of Dlinemen, that should keep them fresh and not wear down. Kanak will need to take better angles and wrap up. Did he have a tackle last week, I know he whiffed on a bunch? We need Coe, Kelley, Terry and Laulu to have a big game.

We have a lot of Dlinemen, that should keep them fresh and not wear down. Kanak will need to take better angles and wrap up. Did he have a tackle last week, I know he whiffed on a bunch? We need Coe, Kelley, Terry and Laulu to have a big game.
Kanak is a lost pup and it may be time to move on from the LB Experiment. 2 yrs in this system and he just aint cutting it. UCF and KU went after him, expect OSU to do the same.

Reactions: 8085sooner
While I believe OU is being resurrected by Venables, I do not feel optimistic about this game based on what I’ve seen over the past two games.
I also see Gundy having his players very focused and motivated to give OU a going-away gift in front of a home field crowd.
Decades of futility, in the eyes of Cowboy fans, can be somewhat forgotten with a win.
This is a big statement game for OSU…..but it should be for OU as well.

While I believe OU is being resurrected by Venables, I do not feel optimistic about this game based on what I’ve seen over the past two games.
I also see Gundy having his players very focused and motivated to give OU a going-away gift in front of a home field crowd.
Decades of futility, in the eyes of Cowboy fans, can be somewhat forgotten with a win.
This is a big statement game for OSU…..but it should be for OU as well.
Oklahoma aint back yet, been gone a long time. Fans and players said they were after texass but its painfully obvious that we are not back. Brent seemed irratated when asked recently what happened after the texass win? He said something along the lines of knocking their asses back on the goal line stand. Pretty much tells me they were all in on that one game and have not been since.
Its more than one game per season and he said as much as they take each game as a one game season but results on the field and by the staff say otherwise.

Their top two receivers came to play. They made play after play. Stoops was our only guy who could consistently get open and CTDB. Then an idiot or corrupt official allowed a DB to commit a horrible penalty, but without punishment on the crucial play of the game. I still think Drake caught that ball, but OOB.

OUr promising young receivers did almost nothing. Anderson dropped a likely TD pass. Our guys didn't show up. We're still at least a year away.

Their top two receivers came to play. They made play after play. Stoops was our only guy who could consistently get open and CTDB. Then an idiot or corrupt official allowed a DB to commit a horrible penalty, but without punishment on the crucial play of the game. I still think Drake caught that ball, but OOB.

OUr promising young receivers did almost nothing. Anderson dropped a likely TD pass. Our guys didn't show up. We're still at least a year away.
Indeed, OU is a year away and I think all OU fans need to remember that.
It's called a transitional process and based on the last two games alone, there is still a lot of work yet to be done.

It's called a transitional process and based on the last two games alone, there is still a lot of work yet to be done.
Im not buying that transitional BS, the guys that we have on the field are highly rated coming out of high school. It's not like they are 2-3 star recruits. News flash there are only 2 types of coverages, either man or zone. These guys have been playing both of these since middle school and must be pretty good at it to earn a scholarship to OU and to be starting. We have had some really good DB's come through here and some are even playing on Sundays, but for whatever reason the secondary has been a weak link for many years.

Unless we get lucky in the portal, OU is a couple of years out. On the Dline, we are loaded with 3 star, low 4 star but mostly 3 star guys. BV has and will bring in high 4 star and 5 star guys.
On the Oline, we will need to purge the Riley guys, good in pass protection but not maulers. Bedenbaugh will get that straighten out, Green is going to be great.

I really like the young talent in the back 7,

Needs going forward
TE's that can block and Lebby needs to get them in the game plan. OU best offenses, we have GREAT HB/TE plays. These guys seldom get targeted and rushers never need to hesitate if a TE wiffs a tackle, they know their not getting the ball.
Stronger RBs or running backs with better balance, footwork, way, way to many push downs. Better Olinemen that get to the second level, will help.
Oline maulers
Better talent on the Dline, 1st, 2nd and day 2 draft picks.
Arnold should be fine but we need a Gabriel type talent for back up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT