ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game history for Bob...

PtLavacaSooner

Sooner starter
Oct 2, 2013
17 seasons and 17 bowls, 1 National Championship, only coach and school to win all four BCS bowls.
BCS/CFP bowl 10 times. Cotton Bowl twice before it became a New Year's 6 game. Five minor bowls, 10 seasons ranked in top 10 in final polls, and only 3 times not being ranked. 13 of 17 seasons ranked 16 or higher.

I say that type of record sucks and Bob should let me coach in his place. Crap, who can do better? How dare he field a team that goes and loses in a playoff or NC game? Nope. And that overall record??? Eff that. In 225 games Bob should have a minimum of 215 wins, a 48 and 52 game winning streaks and at least 10 NC's. A 2 loss season is only allowed once a decade, back to back seasons with a loss are not acceptable.

Here's the way I look at it. How many fan bases have enjoyed the success and got more enjoyment out of college football over the past 17 years? I mean, every year I know there is a chance we may win a championship. Every year there is a chance something special will happen. Every year we are going to win more games than we lose. Look at Texas. Look at USC. Look at Florida. Look at Michigan. Look at Notre Dame. Look at Nebraska. Look at Tennessee. Look at Penn State. Look at Washington. Coach Stoops has kept us among the elite for 17 years. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 17 years and owe that to Bob Stoops.

17 seasons and 17 bowls, 1 National Championship, only coach and school to win all four BCS bowls.
BCS/CFP bowl 10 times. Cotton Bowl twice before it became a New Year's 6 game. Five minor bowls, 10 seasons ranked in top 10 in final polls, and only 3 times not being ranked. 13 of 17 seasons ranked 16 or higher.

I say that type of record sucks and Bob should let me coach in his place. Crap, who can do better? How dare he field a team that goes and loses in a playoff or NC game? Nope. And that overall record??? Eff that. In 225 games Bob should have a minimum of 215 wins, a 48 and 52 game winning streaks and at least 10 NC's. A 2 loss season is only allowed once a decade, back to back seasons with a loss are not acceptable.
What is your point with this post? Are you implying no one else could've done similarly or better than Bob at such a tradition rich, high profile university as OU?

He's the best we've had since Switzer...much better than Gibbs, Schnelly, and Blake. Of the latter three, that's not saying much and is cause for worship from some here. Any success from Bob in comparison would've been met with worship.

Under Bob, we've had both a great deal of success as well as heartache. As such, I believe our fan expectations for our team have lowered in recent years making our gratitude for Bob even higher perhaps for the achievements (under-achievements) he does make. It's all in one's perspective.

I personally think he has done fine at OU but not great since his Natty. The point is, imho, could someone else have done even better?

Kool-Aid can be a potent drink when spiked.

Boomer Sooner

Last edited:
What is your point with this post? Are you implying no one else could've done similarly or better than Bob at such a tradition rich, high profile university as OU?

He's the best we've had since Switzer...much better than Gibbs, Schnelly, and Blake. Of the latter three, that's not saying much and is cause for worship from some here. Any success from Bob in comparison would've been met with worship.

Under Bob, we've had both a great deal of success as well as heartache. As such, I believe our fan expectations for our team have lowered in recent years making our gratitude for Bob even higher perhaps for the achievements (under-achievements) he does make. It's all in one's perspective.

I personally think he has done fine at OU but not great since his Natty. The point is, imho, could someone else have done even better?

Boomer Sooner

Yeah, because the all-time greats at tradition rich schools always had nothing but success. What would Bear Bryant, or Dr. Tom Osborne, or Vince Dooley, or Woody Hayes, or others have done at OU. Probably won 12 or so MNCs in 17 years.

Oh wait...

Bear Bryant: was 0-7-1 in Bowl games from 1967-1974 at Alabama. Then won a few more MNCs and was the winningest team of the 1970's overall.

Tom Osborne: was 0-7 in Bowl games from 1987-1993 at Nebraska. Then he won 3 MNCs. He also had an overall losing bowl record at 12-13.

Bo Schembechler: was 5-12 all time in Bowl games at Michigan. Never did win an MNC, but is generally considered one of the all-time greats.

Woody Hayes: went 2-6 in Bowls from 1970-1978 at Ohio State.

Vince Dooley: went 4-10-2 in Bowls from 1967-1986 at Georgia. And he actually added his only MNC in the middle of that stretch.

To be fair, not like Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State and Georgia are in the same tradition rich class as OU...

Under Bob, we've had both a great deal of success as well as heartache. As such, I believe our team expectations have lowered in recent years making our gratitude for Bob even higher perhaps.

Boomer Sooner

I quit spiking the Kool-Aid a long time ago. We should have ten NC's with Bob, right? The heartache and headache comes from Bob's inability to get there and win it all. Three losses in title games doesn't cut it, and the fact that OU hasn't played for 15 of them in his 17 seasons tells me that he is behind the times.

There is only one Oklahoma, dammit. We are entitled to titles...

Barry Switzer is still the king, and it is b.s. that he only gave us three. Shoulda been nine.

We are entitled to titles...

Reactions: OUgradJeff
I quit spiking the Kool-Aid a long time ago. We should have ten NC's with Bob, right? The heartache and headache comes from Bob's inability to get there and win it all. Three losses in title games doesn't cut it, and the fact that OU hasn't played for 15 of them in his 17 seasons tells me that he is behind the times.

Barry Switzer is still the king, and it is b.s. that he only gave us three. Shoulda been nine.

You're killing me lava man...:rolleyes:

Yeah, because the all-time greats at tradition rich schools always had nothing but success. What would Bear Bryant, or Dr. Tom Osborne, or Vince Dooley, or Woody Hayes, or others have done at OU. Probably won 12 or so MNCs in 17 years.

Oh wait...

Bear Bryant: was 0-7-1 in Bowl games from 1967-1974 at Alabama. Then won a few more MNCs and was the winningest team of the 1970's overall.

Tom Osborne: was 0-7 in Bowl games from 1987-1993 at Nebraska. Then he won 3 MNCs. He also had an overall losing bowl record at 12-13.

Bo Schembechler: was 5-12 all time in Bowl games at Michigan. Never did win an MNC, but is generally considered one of the all-time greats.

Woody Hayes: went 2-6 in Bowls from 1970-1978 at Ohio State.

Vince Dooley: went 4-10-2 in Bowls from 1967-1986 at Georgia. And he actually added his only MNC in the middle of that stretch.

To be fair, not like Alabama, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State and Georgia are in the same tradition rich class as OU...
Apples and oranges.

All you mentioned are relics of the past and not germane to today's discussions. Dinosaur football then. The game has radically changed especially on offense and in recruiting since their time.

Bob will eventually leave the profession as a legend no doubt. But, gone are the top 10 recruiting classes that we used to be known for and are pretty much needed in today's game. Our brand no longer attracts the elite recruiting prospects that the schools you mentioned above, for the most part, (Nebraska noted) still retain.

Pretty confident there are no Natty's in Bob's rather limited future. Again, one's perspective.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: JConXtsy
Apples and oranges.

All you mentioned are relics of the past and not germane to today's discussions. Dinosaur football then. The game has radically changed especially on offense and in recruiting since their time.

Bob will eventually leave the profession as a legend no doubt. But, gone are the top 10 recruiting classes that we used to be known for and are pretty much needed in today's game. Our brand no longer attracts the elite recruiting prospects that the schools you mentioned above, for the most part, (Nebraska noted) still retain.

Pretty confident there are no Natty's in Bob's rather limited future. Again, one's perspective.

Boomer Sooner

You brought up Switzer, Gibbs, Schnelly, etc... in comparison to Bob Stoops. Guess what? They coached against Dr. Tom and were all gone from OU before Dr. Tom was gone from Nebraska. Heck, Switzer coached at the same time as ALL OF THEM.

I was comparing apples to the apples you threw down.

Apples and oranges

Boomer Sooner

I guess you're wanting to play in the Apple bowl?

Took this team to a game away from it and lost to #1 just sucks. The game has passed him by.

Hire Saban or Meyer. Who else has won multiple titles during Bob's tenure here? Carroll and USC had one stripped for cheating.

Last edited:
Apples and oranges.

Boomer Sooner

OK, so you want contemporary apples to Stoops? OK, here are some MNC Coaches active during Stoops tenure at OU:

Pete Carroll
Jim Tressell
Larry Coker
Gene Chizik
Gus Malzahn
Mack Brown
Les Miles
Lloyd Carr
Nick Saban
Urban Meyer

Did I miss anyone? Who would you prefer over Stoops? Saban & Meyer, right? Anyone else? Stoops is 1-1 against Saban and 0-1 vs Meyer. Not terrible.

So out of every coach of Stoops era, I would only take Saban and Meyer, who are the only 2 with more outright MNCs & higher level of sustained excellence than Bob Stoops.

OK, so you want contemporary apples to Stoops? OK, here are some MNC Coaches active during Stoops tenure at OU:

Pete Carroll
Jim Tressell
Larry Coker
Gene Chizik
Gus Malzahn
Mack Brown
Les Miles
Lloyd Carr
Nick Saban
Urban Meyer

Did I miss anyone? Who would you prefer over Stoops? Saban & Meyer, right? Anyone else? Stoops is 1-1 against Saban and 0-1 vs Meyer. Not terrible.

So out of every coach of Stoops era, I would only take Saban and Meyer, who are the only 2 with more outright MNCs & higher level of sustained excellence than Bob Stoops.

What kinda car is a Lloyd? Ain't never seen one of themthere kinds. Must be really good cuz tha added en r for comfert.

No, I believe you are still hitting that spiked punch heavily especially due to our current season. But the past is the past. Soon, imho, it will become more of "what have you done for me lately" as new season after season passes.

Seems you're relying mainly on past accomplishments to skew your perspective. His past record is very solid, no doubt. I believe those past achievements, though, will diminish with time as both Baylor and TCU become more prolific. Baylor especially is for real.

Bob is descending to probably the 3rd best conference coach (maybe also behind Snyder) behind Briles and Patterson. He was at the top for years because he maintained a recruiting edge over the other two. But, how long will that edge last? Briles and Patterson, when their teams are healthy, already outperform anything that Bob can field. They are better tacticians than Bob so they can usually manage better with less.

Have you seen Baylor's current recruiting? Not only have they caught us, they are now surpassing us at this time. Briles has always won with lesser talent because of his coaching expertise. What can we now expect with the talent shift trending in his favor? How long before TCU out-recruits us. Even Patterson - who gets more mileage with less - needs only the smallest edge - if that - to damage our brand long-term.

What will happen if an OSU out-recruits us?

Open your eyes, Pt. I seriously hope I am wrong.

Boomer Sooner

Pete Carroll
Jim Tressell
Larry Coker
Gene Chizik
Gus Malzahn
Mack Brown
Les Miles
Lloyd Carr
Nick Saban
Urban Meyer

Nice try but you only included on your list coaches who have won or appeared in Natty's. Some were flukes who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Carroll and Tressell on your list, IMHO, were better than Bob, too. And, maybe a few others.

How 'bout all the hungry coaches out there currently coaching inferior schools to OU that have achieved at least solid to great success. Peterson and Herman (former Ohio State coordinator) are but just two that immediately comes to mind. Perhaps even Spurrier was a better coach. Not to mention highly talented coordinators just waiting for their opportunity.

Love how you seem to discount the likes of Briles and Patterson in our own conference who have never won or appeared in a Natty but whom I consider superior to Bob in coaching ability. They are both coming on strong. Even Coach Snyder may be better than Bob.

Each conference in the country I'm sure has at least one coach who might match/exceed Bob. Those coaches are hungrier than I believe Bob to be. That, imho, makes a huge difference.

Boomer Sooner

No, I believe you are still hitting that spiked punch heavily especially due to our current season. But the past is the past. Soon, imho, it will become more of "what have you done for me lately" as new season after season passes.

Seems you're relying mainly on past accomplishments to skew your perspective. His past record is very solid, no doubt. I believe those past achievements, though, will diminish with time as both Baylor and TCU become more prolific. Baylor especially is for real.

Bob is descending to probably the 3rd best conference coach (maybe also behind Snyder) behind Briles and Patterson. He was at the top for years because he maintained a recruiting edge over the other two. But, how long will that edge last? Briles and Patterson, when their teams are healthy, already outperform anything that Bob can field. They are better tacticians than Bob so they can usually manage better with less.

Have you seen Baylor's current recruiting? Not only have they caught us, they are now surpassing us at this time. Briles has always won with lesser talent because of his coaching expertise. What can we now expect with the talent shift trending in his favor? How long before TCU out-recruits us. Even Patterson - who gets more mileage with less - needs only the smallest edge - if that - to damage our brand long-term.

What will happen if an OSU out-recruits us?

Open your eyes, Pt. I seriously hope I am wrong.

Boomer Sooner

In the same post, you accuse me of looking at past accomplishments for my view, and for letting this season distort my view. Which is it?

Bob Stoops has been a great coach for 17 years and he was a great coach this year, 2015. What would you like me to focus on? Just 2014?

Focusing on 2016, I see OU on an upward swing.

Baylor and TCU? Didn't we beat them this year and win the Big XII Championship?

3rd best coach in the conference or worse? My analysis puts him at #3 best in the country. He did just win the Big XII over those other coaches that were supposed to have better teams this year. How many Big XII Championships have those guys won? Because Bob has, what, 9? Including this year's. Even in in the Mountain West, Gary Patterson only won 5 out of 11 MWC titles, a percentage worse than Bob Stoops in the Big XII, a far, far, far, far superior accomplishment.

Recruiting actually seems to be on an upswing with the recent run to the playoffs.

You asked earlier if someone else could do better than Stoops. Looking at the career accomplishments of all-time greats and of contemporaries are really the only ways to put Stoops in perspective. How would you suggest we analyze the topic?

Nice try but you only included on your list coaches who have won or appeared in Natty's. Some were flukes who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Carroll and Tressell on your list, IMHO, were better than Bob, too. And, maybe a few others.

How 'bout all the hungry coaches out there currently coaching inferior schools to OU that have achieved at least solid to great success. Peterson and Herman (former Ohio State coordinator) are but just two that immediately comes to mind. Perhaps even Spurrier was a better coach. Not to mention highly talented coordinators just waiting for their opportunity.

Love how you seem to discount the likes of Briles and Patterson in our own conference who have never won or appeared in a Natty but whom I consider superior to Bob in coaching ability. They are both coming on strong. Even Coach Snyder may be better than Bob.

Each conference in the country I'm sure has at least one coach who might match/exceed Bob. Those coaches are hungrier than I believe Bob to be. That, imho, makes a huge difference.

Boomer Sooner

"but you only included on your list coaches who have won or appeared in Natty's"?

Aren't MNCs the ultimate goal? I thought you wanted "apples to apples"?

"Carroll and Tressell on your list, IMHO, were better than Bob, too."

They/their programs cheated extremely blatantly. Thus a big portion of their success. USC was stripped of their only out-right MNC under Carroll, remember? That's why they don't coach in college anymore.

"Peterson and Herman (former Ohio State coordinator) are but just two that immediately comes to mind. Perhaps even Spurrier was a better coach."

Herman has been a HC for 1 year. At a mid-major. By your logic, Charlie Strong had a FAR better resume than Herman.

"Peterson"? I assume you mean Chris Petersen who used to coach at Boise State. In 2 years at a major program (and a traditionally very good one), he is 15-12 after taking over a team than went 9-4 the year before he got their and had put together 4 straight winning seasons before he got there. Weird how he hasn't improved them yet.

Steve Spurrier. Bob Stoops has proven to be a better coach than Spurrier already. Look at Spurrier's time at a similar program in Florida. Bob won more conference titles (and at a higher percentage), the same number of MNCs, more MNC game appearances, a higher overall winning percentage, etc...

"Not to mention highly talented coordinators just waiting for their opportunity."

Yes, all those nameless/faceless guys with no HC experience... Obviously, nothing for me to compare there.

"Love how you seem to discount the likes of Briles and Patterson in our own conference who have never won or appeared in a Natty but whom I consider superior to Bob in coaching ability."

If they're supperier the Stoops, why haven't they played & won an MNC? Remember how bad OU was before Stoops? He got us to the big game in Year 2 and back again 4 more times, including this year.

How did we beat those superior coaches this year if they have better coaches, and as you mentioned in a previous post, better recruits/more talent? They were supposed to rule the conference this year, and we beat them both, and won the Big XII. Like Bob has done, many, many, many times. They have a lot more work to do to be better than Bob has been.

"Each conference in the country I'm sure has at least one coach who might match/exceed Bob."

Then why haven't they matched/exceeded Bob? Please name them and I can do a comparison like I did above. I'll spot you Saban and Meyer.

Reactions: MiccoMacey
In the same post, you accuse me of looking at past accomplishments for my view, and for letting this season distort my view. Which is it?

Bob Stoops has been a great coach for 17 years and he was a great coach this year, 2015. What would you like me to focus on? Just 2014?

Focusing on 2016, I see OU on an upward swing.

Baylor and TCU? Didn't we beat them this year and win the Big XII Championship?

3rd best coach in the conference or worse? My analysis puts him at #3 best in the country. He did just win the Big XII over those other coaches that were supposed to have better teams this year. How many Big XII Championships have those guys won? Because Bob has, what, 9? Including this year's. Even in in the Mountain West, Gary Patterson only won 5 out of 11 MWC titles, a percentage worse than Bob Stoops in the Big XII, a far, far, far, far superior accomplishment.

Recruiting actually seems to be on an upswing with the recent run to the playoffs.
You asked earlier if someone else could do better than Stoops. Looking at the career accomplishments of all-time greats and of contemporaries are really the only ways to put Stoops in perspective. How would you suggest we analyze the topic?
It's "trending" my friend. Yes, our current recruiting is very good and perhaps better than last year's class. But, will it wind up even the best in our conference? Baylor, not Texas, has the current upper hand.

Check out the recruiting by especially Baylor and also TCU for 2016. These teams have in recent years played us toe-to-toe or better even when their talent was significantly lesser than ours. Trends are a-changing and when their talent becomes eventually superior to ours, they will begin blowing us out, imho.

I don't believe we beat Baylor and TCU this year had Russell and Boykin played. We win in Stillwater no matter who QB'd the Pokes. So, my contention is that we would have been a 3 loss conference team had we not been extremely fortunate. Again, it's all one's perspective. You obviously disagree.

Wow! Can't believe where you put Bob on your list of the country's coaches. Again, perspective.

YOU said Bob has been a "great" coach over his tenure. I choose to use "fine" instead since his Natty year. Again, perspective. He's had some amazing victories and too many upset/heart-breaking losses in that tenure. I would say he was a "lucky" coach in 2015 following a crappy 2014.

Though nearly impossible, you've managed to compare Bob's volume of long-time work to Briles' relative short-term results at Baylor. The same with Patterson and TCU and Patterson has won every where he's been. Briles is trending better than Bob over the last 5 years and Patterson is also in the picture. Had either Briles - a repugnant thought for some here - and Patterson been our coach the last 17 years, it is my opinion that they would have delivered much more hardware than Bob. Obviously, you disagree.

Just look what Briles and Patterson were able to accomplish in this year's bowl games with their best talent missing.

Boomer Sooner

Last edited:
For me, the bottom line is that we just have a problem with the hump. Ever since 2000 it has been one disappointment after another with the exception of the Sugar bowl in 2014. That was the kind of game we should play every time.

Look at what TCU did without Boykin...down 31 to 0. That is hunger, fire and kick assedness we just lack. How did he pull that off with not only a massive deficet, but lacking talent? That is what we need and it is embarrasing that TCU has that and we do not.

Is it realistic to expect that every time? No, but that is OU football. We should be feared and we aren't. It is almost or is a joke to play us in a major bowl game.

Reactions: Oklabama

Boomer Sooner
Good points, fortworth.
Consider this: if it was an hour after OU's win in the 2001 Orange Bowl over Florida State to win the 2000 National Championship, and you were told Stoops would coach 16 more seasons at OU....but would never win another national championship and have a losing bowl record....wouldn't you find that hard to believe and even harder to accept ?
This is not to say another coach could have done better, nor is it slighting Stoops and his overall body of work. He's a Hall of Fame coach without question.
But in recent years, since around 2008, I believe recruiting has diminished for Stoops a bit. The cream of the crop high school players now seem to gravitate towards the southern schools (SEC, Florida State, Clemson) and the west coast teams and Ohio State....and with Baylor and TCU becoming relevant, the state of Texas is no longer the hot spot it once was for both OU and Texas.
IMO, OU needs to move to the SEC, Pac12 or Big 10 to enhance its recruiting and give Stoops more leverage in recruiting.

Stoops needs takes a harder stand with his nepotism. He made a very bad choice when he allowed Mike back and effectively demoted Brent. This has become apparent our last two bowl games. Mike's stint at Arizona proved his net worth to coaching. The alumni at U of A could not wait to get rid of him. Let's face it, there are several coaches in D1 that are better than Stoops. By better I mean produce more wth less.

Stoops needs takes a harder stand with his nepotism. He made a very bad choice when he allowed Mike back and effectively demoted Brent. This has become apparent our last two bowl games. Mike's stint at Arizona proved his net worth to coaching. The alumni at U of A could not wait to get rid of him. Let's face it, there are several coaches in D1 that are better than Stoops. By better I mean produce more wth less.
That may be true, but I sense that OU has painted itself into a corner in terms of recruiting, given the perception of underachieving, its geographical location and the resulting migration of high school talent....even in the state of Texas...that winds up in other parts of the country.

That may be true, but I sense that OU has painted itself into a corner in terms of recruiting, given the perception of underachieving, its geographical location and the resulting migration of high school talent....even in the state of Texas...that winds up in other parts of the country.
This issue keeps nagging me...and won't go away. Bob can coach...but can he recruit? DOES he recruit? Some of is staff are very good at their jobs, but how are they on road trips? I get the feeling that Bob delegates much of the recruiting to his 'underlings', and we seem to be losing those battles.

A truth in recruiting is Selling...You sell the player on the idea of playing football for The Sooners. To sell an idea, you must first sell Yourself...Picture Barry, (in his fur coat :D), in a recruit's kitchen, eating some of the kid's mama's fried chicken...Barry 'Gets it'...He came up the hard way, like many, if not the majority, of potential players. He not only talked the talk, he walked the walk. He was constantly out on the trail...in the hunt. He was hands on, all the way, the man in the arena. He sold himself, then he sold OU...Marketing 101...Just sayin'...

Funny how Bob is knocked for beating Baylor and TCU when they didn't have their starting quarterbacks, and at the same time Patterson is praised for winning last night for comming back and beating a guy that looked like he belonged at a juco. Oregon had 50 something yards in the 2nd half last night prior to overtime after having over 350 in the first half. Their longest play in the 2nd half prior to overtime was 8 yards. And what about Mayfield being out the 2nd half against TCU when they came back against us?

This issue keeps nagging me...and won't go away. Bob can coach...but can he recruit? DOES he recruit? Some of is staff are very good at their jobs, but how are they on road trips? I get the feeling that Bob delegates much of the recruiting to his 'underlings', and we seem to be losing those battles.

A truth in recruiting is Selling...You sell the player on the idea of playing football for The Sooners. To sell an idea, you must first sell Yourself...Picture Barry, (in his fur coat :D), in a recruit's kitchen, eating some of the kid's mama's fried chicken...Barry 'Gets it'...He came up the hard way, like many, if not the majority, of potential players. He not only talked the talk, he walked the walk. He was constantly out on the trail...in the hunt. He was hands on, all the way, the man in the arena. He sold himself, then he sold OU...Marketing 101...Just sayin'...

Cale Gundy...

Now Barry, he is still the king. Even if he dresses like a pimp.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Well, it's 'serenity now' now for me.
Reminding you we were only in the CFP three short days ago.

It has to be just agonizing to some of you, looking across the fence there where you think you see where the grass is greener. It isn't.
Also, your longings and yearnings are the epitome of a moot point in that Bob isn't leaving anytime soon, no matter how much you grouse about it here.

So, you'll have to live with your peptic ulcers and the chronic acid indigestion produced by your ongoing angst and dissatisfaction.

I still think Bobs best days have yet to be seen.

Funny how Bob is knocked for beating Baylor and TCU when they didn't have their starting quarterbacks, and at the same time Patterson is praised for winning last night for comming back and beating a guy that looked like he belonged at a juco. Oregon had 50 something yards in the 2nd half last night prior to overtime after having over 350 in the first half. Their longest play in the 2nd half prior to overtime was 8 yards. And what about Mayfield being out the 2nd half against TCU when they came back against us?

Well, man. Uh, we are Oklahoma. And that means entitled titles. No need to earn them. Gimme.

So last year after beating Alabama, we were projected at #4 pre-season to finish 8-5 and unranked.

This year we're projected #19 and end OUr season in the playoff, losing to #1. Fire Kish, I saw LB's miss tackles. Fire Bedenbaugh, I saw the OL get pushed around. Fire something, maybe a cruise missile at Saban.

Point is, we are Oklahoma. We are entitled to titles. No need to earn them on the field, just gimme my title, dammit.

It has to be just agonizing to some of you, looking across the fence there where you think you see where the grass is greener. It isn't.
Also, your longings and yearnings are the epitome of a moot point in that Bob isn't leaving anytime soon, no matter how much you grouse about it here.

So, you'll have to live with your peptic ulcers and the chronic acid indigestion produced by your ongoing angst and dissatisfaction.

Bob's best days are AHEAD of him ? Really ?

Bo Schembechler had a horrible bowl record and had ZERO MNCs, but Michigan fans revere his dirty draws. Bob would be a god at that school up North.

Last edited:
Yes, your reading comprehension is above reproach.

Look, here's the deal, if you all feel this strongly about getting Stoops out then you should direct your vast HR experiences to Joe Castiglione.
He and he alone is the only person that can help you to that end.

Capisce?
lol He actually said Bob's best days are ahead of him. You get worse with age Fitty..not better. You of all people should know this.

Look, here's the deal, if you all feel this strongly about getting Stoops out then you should direct your vast HR experiences to Joe Castiglione.

Capisce?

Now fitty, what does my ability to hit home runs got to do with any of this? Entitled titles dammit. 9 conference titles should be 10 national championships. We are Oklahoma.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I'm a firm believer in Bob Stoops. Having said this, it is my hope that his brother serves him well and does not drag down Bob. After all of the good that Bob has accomplished for OU and himself, it would be a shame if his legacy contained anything in it that included, 'could not win again with brother Mike and could not let him go'. I love me some brotherly love but Bob Stoops & OU would deserve better. I sincerely hope Mike can indeed get over the hump. All of us are counting on it.

Capisce?
Where did I advocate "getting Stoops out" ?
You members of the "Stoops is above scrutiny" crowd always confuse a statement that questions any aspect of the OU program as wanting Stoops removed. That's usually not true and always diminishes your credibility when you accuse those who pose questions or concerns.
You're trashing MY reading comprehension ?

Where did I advocate "getting Stoops out" ?
You members of the "Stoops is above scrutiny" crowd always confuse a statement that questions any aspect of the OU program as wanting Stoops removed. That's usually not true and always diminishes your credibility when you accuse those who pose questions or concerns.
You're trashing MY reading comprehension ?

I didn't name you as one that did that did I? No, I didn't. That was a blanket statement to all that are inclined to do that.

My credibility is just fine thank you, as is my reading comp.

Just know this, all of you, whenever this Stoops bashing comes up...I'll be right there, bagging on you, dogging you at every turn.
If I become the only one here defending him, so be it.

The whole premise that Stoops isn't passing muster is just the height of bullshit.

Reactions: anon_5z68cgtvj4ggn
I didn't name you as one that did that did I? No, I didn't. That was a blanket statement to all that are inclined to do that.

My credibility is just fine thank you, as is my reading comp.

Just know this, all of you, whenever this Stoops bashing comes up...I'll be right there, bagging on you, dogging you at every turn.
If I become the only one here defending him, so be it.

The whole premise that Stoops isn't passing muster is just the height of bullshit.
I'll state whatever I feel, whenever I choose to share it here, however it is perceived by you.

Same with me fitty. The only trouble is message boards work against serenity, especially this one. The same ole look for the negative in everything. I guess it's more enjoyable to them.
Posters embarrassed about losing to a damn good team in the semifinals. Dipshits from Orange Bloods are more positive with the shit show they put on this season. I would agree with Senior Sooner it's about recruiting. The big 12 is losing out on the big uglies and SEC is still the most attractive for lineman.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I will say this, some of these posts remind me of a few posts of Patterson & Briles before they came to the Big 12, in respects of Tom Herman of U of H. I'm not saying that OU will get beat, but the Cougars are clearly on the rise and FSU knows this first hand.

Next season is setting up as a big season for OU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT