ADVERTISEMENT

Best President in the last 50 years

The 2 most Pro American Presidents in that time are easy. Reagan and Trump. Loved them both. Here's a thought: The country prospered during their tenures. Military was strong, and Cost of Living was key in allowing hard working people to thrive. They also could speak coherently and negotiate stairs without stumbling.
Trump was Pro-Trump

Kermit The Frog Map GIF by Muppet Wiki

Me trying to figure out how I got lost and ended up on O’Connells..

The 2 most Pro American Presidents in that time are easy. Reagan and Trump. Loved them both. Here's a thought: The country prospered during their tenures. Military was strong, and Cost of Living was key in allowing hard working people to thrive. They also could speak coherently and negotiate stairs without stumbling.
By your metrics Clinton was head and shoulders above them. But for Iran Contra, working with the Iranian terrorists to keep Americans in captivity until after the election, etc. Reagan was great.

There is no good answer. Anyone that thinks Trump is in this conversation should turn their keys in at the door.

Reagan was elected through a deal with the ayatollah khomeini to hold our citizens as hostages longer so that it would hurt Carter (October Surprise), not pro-American at all. Trump disclosed our spies early on in his presidency- also not very pro-American.
Negative on Iran. Khomeini and his cronies knew Ronny would BLAST them and wanted no part of him. That's why they turned them loose right before he was sworn in. Carter was incredibly W-E-A-K. China and Russia see the same weakness times 5 with Biden. That's why we've lost credibility around the world. These people only understand STRENGTH and since we no longer exhibit that, chaos has ensued. Biden abandoning Americans in Afghanistan gave Putin the green light. Regardless of Party this should have been a huge red flag to every American.

• Angry
Reactions: iasooner2000
Negative on Iran. Khomeini and his cronies knew Ronny would BLAST them and wanted no part of him. That's why they turned them loose right before he was sworn in. Carter was incredibly W-E-A-K. China and Russia see the same weakness times 5 with Biden. That's why we've lost credibility around the world. These people only understand STRENGTH and since we no longer exhibit that, chaos has ensued. Biden abandoning Americans in Afghanistan gave Putin the green light. Regardless of Party this should have been a huge red flag to every American.
Have you been reading the news? Ben Barnes, in his old age, has been talking about the deal with Iran to hold the hostages until after the election b/c people were getting upset with Carter about the issue. Gov. Connelly (from Tx) was the main dude working the deal for Reagan. The interviews are published all over the place, but here is the first one I read (below).
I think it is pathetic to use American hostages as pawns to help a candidate. I remember singing "tie the yellow ribbon" at a school music performance as a kid and how upset people were and there was a push in the media to blame Carter, but Reagan's people were behind the prolonged hostage crisis; sick.
We had been working on pulling our troops out of Afghanistan for a decade. Were we supposed to leave them there forever? That war cost $300 million per day (for 20 years)! If we would have cut the war there short by 10 years, we could have paid for every single kid in the US under the age of 18 to go to college for free, provided free health care for everyone in the US AND lower taxes on the middle class. Would that have been a better use of our money?
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a43368900/reagan-iran-hostages/

Reactions: TRF12 and OU50
Trump’s team set conditions, they weren’t being followed but the Pedo pulled out and gave up the airfield and the civilians anyway.
China owns this idiot
Pedo? Seriously?
Our president is preparing to go to war with China (which I disagree with and don't want to happen) over Taiwan. Where in the hell do you get that he is "owned" by China? Is it based on anything other than BS?

It’s all on the laptop.
By the way Iran has seized two of our oil tankers in one week.
Actually these were sailing in International waters under other nations’ flags to be more sensitive to others’ truths

Last edited:
It’s all on the laptop.
By the way Iran has seized two of our oil tankers in one week
I didn't know that about Iran, but I could see an Iran/China/Russia allegiance developing. China might do it just to get cheap oil from Iran and Russia. That would not be good.

The laptop? C'mon man, they have had that thing for months. Don't you think they would be all over it if there really was anything there? They have had hearings about the stupidest stuff, something like that would take Biden down and they would not just sit on it. No way in hell.

• Wow
Reactions: iasooner2000
It’s been in fbi hands since October 20. Blinken (who was on Crusty’s campaign team) authored the letter that the 51 signed to kill the story before the election.
Do try and keep up

Reactions: ranxfromindy
It’s been in fbi hands since October 20. Blinken (who was on Crusty’s campaign team) authored the letter that the 51 signed to kill the story before the election.
Do try and keep up
I do keep up, I read about 5 newspapers every morning while I drink coffee and ride my exercise bike, all before 6 am 😉.
What illegal activity do you suspect is on Hunter's laptop? I Don't like dealings with foreign companies when it comes to politicians and their families, but there are multiple examples in previous administrations of that happening. Kushner was loaned several billion by the Saudis, Ivanka had dealings with China, etc. I'm not saying it is right, but it happens all the time unfortunately.

Convos with Blinken and his wife from 2015, bitching about 10% to Pops (the Big guy) and rampant vids of his crack use for starters.

If you really want to see the goods, go to the Pokes 24/7 politics board as I don’t know how to link all the stuff

Have you been reading the news? Ben Barnes, in his old age, has been talking about the deal with Iran to hold the hostages until after the election b/c people were getting upset with Carter about the issue. Gov. Connelly (from Tx) was the main dude working the deal for Reagan. The interviews are published all over the place, but here is the first one I read (below).
I think it is pathetic to use American hostages as pawns to help a candidate. I remember singing "tie the yellow ribbon" at a school music performance as a kid and how upset people were and there was a push in the media to blame Carter, but Reagan's people were behind the prolonged hostage crisis; sick.
We had been working on pulling our troops out of Afghanistan for a decade. Were we supposed to leave them there forever? That war cost $300 million per day (for 20 years)! If we would have cut the war there short by 10 years, we could have paid for every single kid in the US under the age of 18 to go to college for free, provided free health care for everyone in the US AND lower taxes on the middle class. Would that have been a better use of our money?
That's funny. If all you consult is Liberal sources (VOX, Esquire, Newsweek, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN & so on) it's easy to see how you miss obvious truths as well as basic logic to arrive at an accurate conclusion.
1. Hostages were taken under Carters Presidency because they knew we were weak
2. The US was humiliated on the world stage for 444 days amplified by a seriously flawed rescue attempt ending in failure.
3. Carter tried to negotiate at that point
4. ONLY after they squeezed Jimmy for all they thought they could get did they stop.
5. They released the hostages on Carters last day/ Reagans 1st day in office
6. They stopped because they wanted no part of a President (Reagan) who would have used whatever force it took to secure their release or seriously hammer Iran militarily should they fail to do so. I can only imagine what Reagan would have done had they publicly tried & executed them as they once threatened to do.
7. To actually believe that Reagan or his people had the capability...let alone the intent to prolong the misery of American hostages is a leap into illogical madness.
8. 1-7 is simple logic and connecting some obvious dots.

Regarding Afghanistan, of course we were right to get out after almost 20 years. But you DONT leave Afghanis who helped our troops, our weaponry, and CERTAINTLY NOT our own people to the Taliban. I am a retired Army Ranger and I have NEVER seen our people INTENTIONALLY left to the enemy. This current administration did exactly that, which gave Putin the green light to hit Ukraine. Sorry, just more logic.

Lastly, hopefully you're not hopelessly indoctrinated at this point. Recommend you try to consult other sources before you become so.

That's funny. If all you consult is Liberal sources (VOX, Esquire, Newsweek, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN & so on) it's easy to see how you miss obvious truths as well as basic logic to arrive at an accurate conclusion.
1. Hostages were taken under Carters Presidency because they knew we were weak
2. The US was humiliated on the world stage for 444 days amplified by a seriously flawed rescue attempt ending in failure.
3. Carter tried to negotiate at that point
4. ONLY after they squeezed Jimmy for all they thought they could get did they stop.
5. They released the hostages on Carters last day/ Reagans 1st day in office
6. They stopped because they wanted no part of a President (Reagan) who would have used whatever force it took to secure their release or seriously hammer Iran militarily should they fail to do so. I can only imagine what Reagan would have done had they publicly tried & executed them as they once threatened to do.
7. To actually believe that Reagan or his people had the capability...let alone the intent to prolong the misery of American hostages is a leap into illogical madness.
8. 1-7 is simple logic and connecting some obvious dots.

Regarding Afghanistan, of course we were right to get out after almost 20 years. But you DONT leave Afghanis who helped our troops, our weaponry, and CERTAINTLY NOT our own people to the Taliban. I am a retired Army Ranger and I have NEVER seen our people INTENTIONALLY left to the enemy. This current administration did exactly that, which gave Putin the green light to hit Ukraine. Sorry, just more logic.

Lastly, hopefully you're not hopelessly indoctrinated at this point. Recommend you try to consult other sources before you become so.
I don't disagree that the situation in leaving Afghanistan was handled wrong. Also, I understand the history you listed, but have a little different take on it, which is fine. In a free country we can have different interpratation of facts; we just need to all get the facts as much as possible. I think this is what has changed in the last decade or so. I remember my grandparents (retired military and Democratic politician in OK) sitting around in lawn chairs outside with my aunts and uncles (Vietnam vets, active duty, and VERY liberal professors) all discussing things. Disagreeing on how to handle things (Reagan era) but not disagreeing on reality.

Did you read the article I linked? Did you search for any articles about Reagan negotiating with Iran? It happened. It would be hypocritical to give me a hard time about reading only liberal news and not investigate this a little bit. It has been written about quite a bit in the last month.

I try to always see both sides of an issue. Reasonable people can disagree agreeably. What gets me very disagreeable today is the total bend to the Left of todays "journalists." I've see so much spin/lies from them for so long I believe little if anything they report till I get several other sources take on the subject.
You are right about the old days when every opinion was willingly heard before being accepted or rejected.

I try to always see both sides of an issue. Reasonable people can disagree agreeably. What gets me very disagreeable today is the total bend to the Left of todays "journalists." I've see so much spin/lies from them for so long I believe little if anything they report till I get several other sources take on the subject.
You are right about the old days when every opinion was willingly heard before being accepted or rejected.
And yes. I did read the Esquire article.

• Love
Reactions: chrisnurse
Pedo? Seriously?
Our president is preparing to go to war with China (which I disagree with and don't want to happen) over Taiwan. Where in the hell do you get that he is "owned" by China? Is it based on anything other than BS?
"Pedo" isn't the one who said he wanted to date his daughter either. Trumptards are so funny.

Reactions: chrisnurse
Too late. Dumb asses proliferate this place.
I watched iasooner2000 and LAY THE WOODY answer these questions in an intelligence quotient test session in under 3 minutes proving an IQ in the mid 140s or higher.

1. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?
2. I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How does one very quickly determine the fake?
3. Sarah said, "I have two young daughters with absolutely nothing in common." Is Sarah lying?
4. A thunderstorm knocked Renaldo's electricity off. In Renaldo's sock drawer are 5 crimson socks and 5 white socks. How many socks must Renaldo remove from his sock drawer and feel his way out to his lightening-lit driveway to ensure he has a matched pair?

Joe and COVID much different? Promotion of hysteria? What got him elected. Fauchi and big pharma made out like bandits. Yer children got student loan relief, stimulus didn't ya? Brittney griner got released from the gulag. I bet yer happier than a pig in slop. Yer future any brighter today. Yer feelings certainly sound like someone who can't see past today. 😁

Joe and COVID much different? Promotion of hysteria? What got him elected. Fauchi and big pharma made out like bandits. Yer children got student loan relief, stimulus didn't ya? Brittney griner got released from the gulag. I bet yer happier than a pig in slop. Yer future any brighter today. Yer feelings certainly sound like someone who can't see past today. 😁
Wow, you think Covid wasn't real? I suppose you think climate change is a hoax too?

Wow, you think Covid wasn't real? I suppose you think climate change is a hoax too?
Fauchi sold you poor fool. You on yer tenth booster by now? I eat pussy. I can bench press a house. At least git some sunlight. Might help yer thinkin.

Oh, eat more pussy. You'll thank me later. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: CasonH
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT