ADVERTISEMENT

Best President in the last 50 years

Whoa, this started as me responding to someone pointing out that Gore challenged an election. I should have just "said no he didn't". Would have been better than "he had a great case", b/c as I recall Bush is the one who sued to stop the recount, so I could have just said, "no, Bush challenged the election", but I didn't and here we are. I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am stating the fact. Here is a synopsis from the hx channel if that suits you more.
I'm still waiting on how Kavanaugh and Barrett being nominated to SCOTUS was shady shit.

Okay, I read that, good data btw, and I didn't see anything stating that the foreclosure rate was higher in poor communities than it was in more well to do communities. If you look at the big map, the poor areas of the country had the lowest foreclosure rate, and the richer areas of the country had a higher foreclosure rate. I still stand by statement that by and large the housing crash was a result of overinvesting in real estate by banking groups and more wealthy people by multiple homes and flipping them to profit on the increasing price of homes.

My "facts" are tight. The foreclosures were overwhelmingly in nicer neighborhoods, were people were buying investment properties. They were not, for the most part in, in the poorer communities. If it was the result of the Clinton administration's easing of loan qualifications, wouldn't it have been more prevalent in the poorer communities? I know McCain and Palin ran on the idea that it was Democratic party's fault, but it was really deregulation of the banking community (thank you Phil Gramm). Plus, c'mon man, the crash happened 7 years into the Bush presidency. Can you really Blame the Clinton administration?

Okay, I read that, good data btw, and I didn't see anything stating that the foreclosure rate was higher in poor communities than it was in more well to do communities. If you look at the big map, the poor areas of the country had the lowest foreclosure rate, and the richer areas of the country had a higher foreclosure rate. I still stand by statement that by and large the housing crash was a result of overinvesting in real estate by banking groups and more wealthy people by multiple homes and flipping them to profit on the increasing price of homes.
I posted more links.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I posted more links.
I mean, I don't think we are going to agree on this, and we have totally hijacked the thread. We will see about the justices, but I think this Supreme Court is rotten. No need to argue this, it is just my opinion and I don't present it as fact.

I mean, I don't think we are going to agree on this, and we have totally hijacked the thread. We will see about the justices, but I think this Supreme Court is rotten. No need to argue this, it is just my opinion and I don't present it as fact.
You do realize you can view that housing/financial shitshow without a partisan lens, right? If you're not interested in the facts, that's cool. I won't waste any more of your time.

At least read this one so you have a better understanding of what actually happened. It's not political stuff. It's from the Fed. The other links are similar.

Ok, one more. This one from boots on the ground back in the day during the Bill Clinton administration. FWIW, I worked in the mortgage biz back in the day, back in those days.

Ok, one more. This one from boots on the ground back in the day during the Bill Clinton administration. FWIW, I worked in the mortgage biz back in the day, back in those days.

You do realize you can view that housing/financial shitshow without a partisan lens, right? If you're not interested in the facts, that's cool. I won't waste any more of your time.
I have read the links you have posted, and I concede that the policies started the housing boom. What I am saying is that the reason for the crash wasn't all from the people getting loans that shouldn't have (that is the region where this conversation started). The crash didn't happen as a result of poor people not paying off their loans, it happened as a result of speculative investment in the housing market.
People and banks invested in real estate and made money soon after closing because the market was rising so fast in some regions (as you know since you were in the biz). When the house flippers and investment firms overinvested, and the market began to normalize they began to sell or walk away from their mortgages, and the situation spiraled out of control. Is that incorrect? I even think every article you have posted supports this to some degree.

Is that incorrect?
No.
What I am saying is that the reason for the crash wasn't all from the people getting loans that shouldn't have (that is the region where this conversation started).
Actually, it was from people getting loans they shouldn't have. Read up on how bad the predatory lending got during those days. Too much for a message board post. And no, I'm not talking "poor people." Those folks weren't the ones buying McMansions.

The foreclosures were the result of people being sold mortgages they could afford at the time of the mortgage. IO and ARM mortgages were the rage. Those are cool when interest rates are low. When they rise, yikes.

What was affordable suddenly isn't 5 years later. Refinance options dried up quickly once home values started deflating and homeowners were left holding mortgages they couldn't pay.

And then from there, the "security" of mortgage backed securities made on the premise of ever rising home values and cheap interest rates went to shit.
People and banks invested in real estate and made money soon after closing because the market was rising so fast in some regions (as you know since you were in the biz). When the house flippers and investment firms overinvested, and the market began to normalize they began to sell or walk away from their mortgages, and the situation spiraled out of control.
The house flippers and banks dove into the real estate market post crash when properties were cheap and foreclosures were on the rise.

I worked on the underwriting side of the industry so I got a wide exposure to the crap that was being pushed through by mortgage brokers and lenders like Countrywide.

I'm still waiting on how Kavanaugh and Barrett being nominated to SCOTUS was shady shit.

No.

Actually, it was from people getting loans they shouldn't have. Read up on how bad the predatory lending got during those days. Too much for a message board post. And no, I'm not talking "poor people." Those folks weren't the ones buying McMansions.

The foreclosures were the result of people being sold mortgages they could afford at the time of the mortgage. IO and ARM mortgages were the rage. Those are cool when interest rates are low. When they rise, yikes.

What was affordable suddenly isn't 5 years later. Refinance options dried up quickly once home values started deflating and homeowners were left holding mortgages they couldn't pay.

And then from there, the "security" of mortgage backed securities made on the premise of ever rising home values and cheap interest rates went to shit.

The house flippers and banks dove into the real estate market post crash when properties were cheap and foreclosures were on the rise.

I worked on the underwriting side of the industry so I got a wide exposure to the crap that was being pushed through by mortgage brokers and lenders like Countrywide.
The people that I know that were making money on real estate were making money when the prices were going up. I know a few people that were flipping houses on the west coast, and two other people that were part of an investment group that was buying and selling homes for a handsome profit now that I think about it, and they all made their money before their crash. One of the flippers kept trying to do it after the crash, by investing all of the money he had made during the crazy appreciation phase and lost everything. He moved back to Tulsa in 2010.
This is what my perspective is built on, and I understand that it is just my take on the situation. I still stand by premise that the deregulation of banks, which essentially allowed them to become investment firms, played a major role in the housing crash of 2008ish. The securities aspect of the crash would not have existed if the banks had to follow the Glass-Stegall Act. I think the same thing will eventually happen with the stock market b/c so many banks are investing their assets in the stock market.
Thanks for the respectful discussion (rare on here), I learned a lot from it.

The people that I know that were making money on real estate were making money when the prices were going up. I know a few people that were flipping houses on the west coast, and two other people that were part of an investment group that was buying and selling homes for a handsome profit now that I think about it, and they all made their money before their crash. One of the flippers kept trying to do it after the crash, by investing all of the money he had made during the crazy appreciation phase and lost everything. He moved back to Tulsa in 2010.
This is what my perspective is built on, and I understand that it is just my take on the situation.
Oh there was a crazy real estate investment boom no doubt, especially the west coast. And I'm sure there were investors that lost their asses on the deflation. But those weren't the folks getting the IO and ARM mortgages that had a monthly payment of $650 today and then jump 5 years and now it's $1,890 and climbing with no hope of refinancing into anything cheaper, if at all, and thus being foreclosed on. Those and the high LTV mortgages (125%, are you effing kidding me?) led to much of the mortgage default that drove the crisis.
I still stand by premise that the deregulation of banks, which essentially allowed them to become investment firms, played a major role in the housing crash of 2008ish. The securities aspect of the crash would not have existed if the banks had to follow the Glass-Stegall Act. I think the same thing will eventually happen with the stock market b/c so many banks are investing their assets in the stock market.
Thanks for the respectful discussion (rare on here), I learned a lot from it.
That's definitely a separate conversation. I appreciate the respectful discussion as well.

It's only shady if it is a Republican president nominating.....according to Demoncrats. Funny how all these "peaceful" Demoncrats said NADA when Kavanaugh was threatened by some left looney that wanted to kill him and came very close to attempting it. Far-left "peaceful protestors" that were in the living quarters of conservative judges and nothing happened for a long time due to the DOJ, namely Garlin, and Biden both not giving a damn, but if it were Democrat judges on the Supreme Court, everyone would be arrested for simply standing there. WE have a two-tier justice system, and there is no disputing it. Democrats do not care about anything but keeping power and abusing that same power. To the Dems that read this and disagree with me- have yourself a cold Bud Light.

It's only shady if it is a Republican president nominating.....according to Demoncrats. Funny how all these "peaceful" Demoncrats said NADA when Kavanaugh was threatened by some left looney that wanted to kill him and came very close to attempting it. Far-left "peaceful protestors" that were in the living quarters of conservative judges and nothing happened for a long time due to the DOJ, namely Garlin, and Biden both not giving a damn, but if it were Democrat judges on the Supreme Court, everyone would be arrested for simply standing there. WE have a two-tier justice system, and there is no disputing it. Democrats do not care about anything but keeping power and abusing that same power. To the Dems that read this and disagree with me- have yourself a cold Bud Light.
You know they're hugging a devaney. 🤣

It's only "rotten" because it is to the right, huh? Democrats harp on the Roe vs. Wade decision to overturn the decision, while continuously spreading lies about taking away abortion rights. You do know that the initial process before the 1972 case was for each state to decide, which gives the states legislative decision over the people of their own state instead of the federal government deciding for the individual states. Simply put- all the states that have a Democrat governor will still allow abortions, while Republican governors will outlaw abortions, except in extreme cases like incest, rape, and health of the mother/child. The minions at CNN and MSNBC, for example, poison their viewers (the few that watch those failing networks), and make them think that EVERY state is outlawing abortion, which you and I know is a lie. The propaganda these networks spread is reminiscent of those in North Korea, Cuba and Russia, which makes sure that what the viewers are given is state-run information to keep you uninformed so the people cannot make an educated decision for themselves on what to think.

Say what you want about Fox News, but at least they are fair and balanced, because there are some there that like Trump, and some that hate Trump, which gives you a diversified look about the channel. Viewers make up their own minds and do not have to be sabotaged by fake news and innuendo all the time.

I get it now, you just make shit up. I thought you were serious at first it's worried me.
Make things up? Look at the repeated YouTube videos of him inappropriately touching little girls, sniffing their hair and making repeated gestures so he can get his hands on them. The guy is a creep, but not surprising being a Democrat and the history of that party.

Make things up? Look at the repeated YouTube videos of him inappropriately touching little girls, sniffing their hair and making repeated gestures so he can get his hands on them. The guy is a creep, but not surprising being a Democrat and the history of that party.
Our POTUS is a pedophile. His admin promotes homo/trans agendas. Not hard to understand imo. 👍

What's al doin these days? 🤣
Getting rich because of the "climate change" and how the world is going to end, while jetting across the world in his private jet that emits pollutants. The same can be said about John Kerry- both liars and both enriching themselves because of false claims with no positive, scientific proof otherwise. The country has "heated up" one degree in the last 170 years....we are going to burn up when??? What a joke with these leftist politicians and their lies.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
There's mountains of 2020 election fraud evidence. Many judges aren't interested. Take a hard look and Antifa and BLM will be provided your home address. Ask Kavanaugh.

Getting rich because of the "climate change" and how the world is going to end, while jetting across the world in his private jet that emits pollutants. The same can be said about John Kerry- both liars and both enriching themselves because of false claims with no positive, scientific proof otherwise. The country has "heated up" one degree in the last 170 years....we are going to burn up when??? What a joke with these leftist politicians and their lies.
For political purposes dimms push percentages.

Reactions: Morty1969
The Warmists are 0-52 in dire predictions.

Oh there was a crazy real estate investment boom no doubt, especially the west coast. And I'm sure there were investors that lost their asses on the deflation. But those weren't the folks getting the IO and ARM mortgages that had a monthly payment of $650 today and then jump 5 years and now it's $1,890 and climbing with no hope of refinancing into anything cheaper, if at all, and thus being foreclosed on. Those and the high LTV mortgages (125%, are you effing kidding me?) led to much of the mortgage default that drove the crisis.

That's definitely a separate conversation. I appreciate the respectful discussion as well.
Most of our troubles like this are bipartisan in nature. I enjoy reasonable discourse among people who disagree agreeably. For example, no one wants to own the debt. However, no one wants to stop making it. Republicans want to keep spending at a flat level or trim a little bit of fat and then and significantly cut taxes (see Trump tax cuts) and Democrats want to increase spending and taxation. It's a big shit sandwich and we're all going to have to take a bite.

Pushing of the green new steal is more than enough.
Anti-semitism from the gal from Minnesota
I’d be willing to bet that’s NOT the reason you don’t like them, but you can’t read so I don’t think you’re capable of being honest with yourself or anyone else.

Reactions: Serenity N0W
S
Try listening to something besides the mainstream media. You've been brainwashed with lies.
So don’t listen to the major national traditional news organizations that put forward factual information, instead listen to the radical fringe organizations that pump out an avalanche of disinformation and outright lies. Yea sure that’s the ticket.

Best president ever, Teddy Roosevelt. Best president in the last 50 years? Boren for sure. But a close 2nd would be either putin or xi.

I’d be willing to bet that’s NOT the reason you don’t like them, but you can’t read so I don’t think you’re capable of being honest with yourself or anyone else.
Can't read? I watched iasooner2000 perform in a class room intelligence quotient test session. He answered these questions correctly, proving an IQ in the mid 140s or higher.

1. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?
2. Sarah said, "my two young daughters have absolutely nothing in common." Is Sarah lying?
3. I have three gold coins identical to the eye. How do I very quickly determine the fake?

By your metrics Clinton was head and shoulders above them. But for Iran Contra, working with the Iranian terrorists to keep Americans in captivity until after the election, etc. Reagan was great.

There is no good answer. Anyone that thinks Trump is in this conversation should turn their keys in at the door.
That was more HW than Reagan. Reagan was staring at the wall waiting for the camera to turn on.

Can't read? I watched iasooner2000 perform in a class room intelligence quotient test session. He answered these questions correctly, proving an IQ in the mid 140s or higher.

1. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?
2. Sarah said, "my two young daughters have absolutely nothing in common." Is Sarah lying?
3. I have three gold coins identical to the eye. How do I very quickly determine the fake?
1. No. Some of us have a fear of falling or edges.
2. Yes.
3. Don't know, don't care. lol

According to this post iasooner had nothing to do with these questions. And the first two were answers that you wrote on that site. Neither of my Masters programs had us do brain teasers. https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/actual-electoral-count-trump-410-biden-128.95881/

Reactions: Serenity N0W
There's mountains of 2020 election fraud evidence. Many judges aren't interested. Take a hard look and Antifa and BLM will be provided your home address. Ask Kavanaugh.
Are you sure? or are you just parroting what you've been told to believe? Lets for a moment pretend that 60 different judges did not reject his claims when presented with their evidence (some of them were handpicked by trump himself)

I say this because in the last part of 2020, trunp paid Berkley research group $600,000 to conduct a study into the 2020 fraud claims he made. They looked at machines, dead people, illegals, people voting twice. They briefed the trunp campaign in december of 2020 that they didnt uncover significant anomalies that would have made a difference. they were also unable to find any evidence to support that the machines were rigged and that large numbers of dead voted.

When that didnt work, he hired another research firm (for $750,000) called Simpatico Software Systems, and they had the same findings and the owner said “Every fraud claim I was asked to investigate was false.”

With this in mind, why do you personally feel that 60 judges, and these two firms that he paid $1,350,000 for are wrong and you are right? Keeping in mind they saw the same evidence that you did, and likely much much more than you did.

Last edited:
Yeah, you got lost somewhere son. Study more. Git some sunlight. Thank me later. 👍

1. No. Some of us have a fear of falling or edges.
2. Yes.
3. Don't know, don't care. lol

According to this post iasooner had nothing to do with these questions. And the first two were answers that you wrote on that site. Neither of my Masters programs had us do brain teasers. https://florida.forums.rivals.com/threads/actual-electoral-count-trump-410-biden-128.95881/
iasooner wasn't involved here. The questions I mention are among my favorites. Questions that involve the ability to reason. Who the US president was while the Japanese surrendered after WWII does little for me.

nail1988 didn't invite me to the gators site to declare anyone stupid. He invited me there to read the few declare themselves stupid. I find a myriad of questions I don't know. I never find a question I don't care.

I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How does one very quickly determine the fake?

I weigh the coins. The two weighing the same are the real deal. And yes. I provided the correct answer in my test session.

I'm a harsh critic of our failing public education system. Can you teach me to count money?

iasooner wasn't involved here. The questions I mention are among my favorites. Questions that involve the ability to reason. Who the US president was while the Japanese surrendered after WWII does little for me.

nail1988 didn't invite me to the gators site to declare anyone stupid. He invited me there to read the few declare themselves stupid. I find a myriad of questions I don't know. I never find a question I don't care.

I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How does one very quickly determine the fake?

I weigh the coins. The two weighing the same are the real deal. And yes. I provided the correct answer in my test session.

I'm a harsh critic of our failing public education system. Can you teach me to count money?
This oughta be good. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT