ADVERTISEMENT

Another Jeff Lebby dud...

We need some accountability in the RB room, for the guy with the whistle. Why do we only hear complaints about the OC, and none about the OL coach, the RB coach and the running back coach.
I thought the same thing as the Season has progressed and the RB's have not stepped up. Maybe its DM and not all on the RB's.

Its the OC's decision to put WR's in as RB's, Does Lebby give Murray the reigns to sub when he feels like they need to be subbed? Same with OL, if Lebbys ego is as big as his stomach I say he makes all the calls. No one knows for sure but either way offense did not look good at times.

It's all OC.
I don't think that's close to true. We had a lot of player mistakes that were crucial. Two different freshman receivers false started in crucial situations putting us in tough third down and distances. We had penalty yardage for the second week in a row OVER 100 yards. Lebby was in the press box. The sideline 15 yarder couldn't have been on him. The third down stop on the goal line was negrated by a bogus targeting penalty. We got our most important defensive player injured late first half. When our running game started clickiing with Tawee. Then he got hurt. He was rumbling. He had 146 just on the ground in two quarters. The play calling worked just find when he was in the game.

I didn't love the play calling. But this was a player loss, not a coach loss. A lot of player stupidity in the game. It was kind of characterized on our last punt. Their returner calls for a fair catch, and the Sooner covering the punt gets faked out when he ran forward, and we should have downed the ball inside the five.

Lots of bad football yesterday. That combined with the Rangers getting blown out last night to give me a really bad weekend.

I don't think that's close to true. We had a lot of player mistakes that were crucial. Two different freshman receivers false started in crucial situations putting us in tough third down and distances. We had penalty yardage for the second week in a row OVER 100 yards. Lebby was in the press box. The sideline 15 yarder couldn't have been on him. The third down stop on the goal line was negrated by a bogus targeting penalty. We got our most important defensive player injured late first half. When our running game started clickiing with Tawee. Then he got hurt. He was rumbling. He had 146 just on the ground in two quarters. The play calling worked just find when he was in the game.

I didn't love the play calling. But this was a player loss, not a coach loss. A lot of player stupidity in the game. It was kind of characterized on our last punt. Their returner calls for a fair catch, and the Sooner covering the punt gets faked out when he ran forward, and we should have downed the ball inside the five.

Lots of bad football yesterday. That combined with the Rangers getting blown out last night to give me a really bad weekend.
I heard the 15 yarder was called on BB, Brent asked him what did he just say to the official? Hoover touched on that in his podcast.

Venables on the 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called on OU’s bench during KU’s go-ahead touchdown drive early in the fourth quarter: “Can’t talk that way to the officials.”

Venables confirmed a staff member, not one of his players, got flagged, a staggering example of OU’s discipline issues Saturday.

Last edited:
Remember Randy was the only one to call the loss. Take a lap Plaino ;)
I think most of us could see one or more coming after the UCF game but I was hopeful it was just a texass hangover but could tell it wasn't.
Guess we will see what this Staff and Team is made of after the Debacle in Kansas, gonna be a tough row to hoe from here on out.

Remember Randy was the only one to call the loss. Take a lap Plaino ;)
I won't be surprised if it happens again next week. I'm too old to take two laps, depending on how long the laps are. On 247, I won the weekly contest. I wasn't the only one to pick KU, but I think there were three or four others. They do a point differential, and I got within 4 points total of each team. Sadly

I won't be surprised if it happens again next week. I'm too old to take two laps, depending on how long the laps are. On 247, I won the weekly contest. I wasn't the only one to pick KU, but I think there were three or four others. They do a point differential, and I got within 4 points total of each team. Sadly
Yea I had us losing 28-27 but I never had a good feeling all week about OU winning this one. After having a few days to mull over the game I am just very disappointed in the coaches and players. I havent rewatched the game but it just seems I never seen any fire in the team Saturday.

I’m not having a good feeling about this coming weekend either.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I was thinking of Neb in late 99 when we tied it up before half time and the injury bug started.

I guess the good news was is that BV took full responsibility for bad coaching Saturday

I was thinking of Neb in late 99 when we tied it up before half time and the injury bug started.

I guess the good news was is that BV took full responsibility for bad coaching Saturday
IA, we didn't play the Huskers in '99. The three teams from the north we played that year were MIzzou, Colorado and Iowa State. Lost at the Buffs up there. Beat Mizzou at home and Iowa State for OUr only conference win away from home in Bob's first season.

We also beat a mediocre Louisville team out of the conference in Louisville.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Yea I had us losing 28-27 but I never had a good feeling all week about OU winning this one. After having a few days to mull over the game I am just very disappointed in the coaches and players. I havent rewatched the game but it just seems I never seen any fire in the team Saturday.

I’m not having a good feeling about this coming weekend either.
SB, I don't believe I'll ever watch that game again. A lot of things went wrong, and we really weren't as good as the Jayhawks at their homecoming game. Hard to believe anybody scheduled us for homecoming, much less gave us an L.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Iowa announced today they are not keeping Brian Ferentz (son of their coach) past this season’s bowl appearance so are in the market for a new OC after two seasons in a row of bottom feeder Offensive stats
I suggested that they call Lebby to bring their program into the 21st Century

Iowa announced today they are not keeping Brian Ferentz (son of their coach) past this season’s bowl appearance so are in the market for a new OC after two seasons in a row of bottom feeder Offensive stats
I suggested that they call Lebby to bring their program into the 21st Century
I wouldn't throw the towel in on Lebby yet brother. Not yet. We've got a good thing going here. Opposite of TBOW and Grinch.

• Haha
Reactions: thall__
Wasn’t Lebby only an OC for three years before coming to OU? One year at UCF with Josh and two years at Ole Miss with Kiffin. Maybe he’s still learning.

Looks like his Wikipedia page got temporarily hacked also.

F9kbZGFXYAA00m1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT