ADVERTISEMENT

Mixion

Gramps

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
What happened to the tape of Mixion hitting the girl? FSU showed there qb hitting a women. He is no longer on the team.

Google it if you want to know why the video was not made public. I'm sure there is a statement out there from the Cleveland County District Attorney and/or the University that explains why the video was not made public. No one asked the fans if they felt it should be made public, so asking us for the reason is pointless.

Texas fans continue to be obsessed with OU. Smh. I guess thats what happens when one program is inferior to another

Reactions: BillyRay
Gramps, come on...if you're to get any street cred, spell his name right.
MIXON

Also, why has this become such a cobb up your asses now?

This kind of pisses us off.

Get the old metal detector and go find that wheat penny you're looking for.
Just showing what different coach do about hitting women. The FSU coach let J. Winston get away with anything.

I haven't seen Mixon play, nor have I seen any film of him while he was
in high school. But I'll bet the horns haven't got a Swingin' Richard on
their team that can lace his shoes.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I have no firm position on how this should have been handled. I tend to regard the hitting of anyone as a reason for dismissal from the team: male or female. There is a reason that we have laws about hitting people.

But, I must admit that I'm rather tired of racial slurs as well, and if I were to be on a jury, I would tend to find someone not guilty if they hit someone in response to a racial slur. If it were more than one or two punches, I might draw a line. But, it is time that people learned to show some respect for individuals and refrain from calling them by racial, sexual, or some sort of ethic slurs.

I have no firm position on how this should have been handled. I tend to regard the hitting of anyone as a reason for dismissal from the team: male or female. There is a reason that we have laws about hitting people.

But, I must admit that I'm rather tired of racial slurs as well, and if I were to be on a jury, I would tend to find someone not guilty if they hit someone in response to a racial slur. If it were more than one or two punches, I might draw a line. But, it is time that people learned to show some respect for individuals and refrain from calling them by racial, sexual, or some sort of ethic slurs.
agree

What does the law say? That you are allowed to punch someone in the face if they call you a name?

What does the law say? That you are allowed to punch someone in the face if they call you a name?

I can't specifiacally answer your question but I can say this. The law as it reads to a juror can not tell the juror how he/she could cast their vote of guilty or not guilty. That's really all that matters.

I can't specifiacally answer your question but I can say this. The law as it reads to a juror can not tell the juror how he/she could cast their vote of guilty or not guilty. That's really all that matters.
Yes but the jury is supposed to follow the law and the law doesn't justify hitting someone in the face just because they called you a name. Thats ridiculous

OK, let it be known that the perfect human BW doesn't want Joe Mixon on the team in any fashion.

Satisfied dipwad?

Now, STFU!
There goes fitty going crazy and blowing it out of proportion again. Calm down dude because what you say honestly doesn't effect me one way or the other. Do I think Joe Mixon should be on the team? I still haven't fully made up my mind on that one. I guess time will tell if Bob made the right decision or not.

That's the point ginga...no one, I mean no one cares what you think.

He's on the team and that's it!

Look, if you're going to continue with this crap, join the horns...at least you will have a viable reason for not wanting Joe on the team.

You do realize I hate your guts?
fitty I'm laughing at you. Again, your opinion means nothing to me so stop wasting your precious typing

Yes but the jury is supposed to follow the law and the law doesn't justify hitting someone in the face just because they called you a name. Thats ridiculous

A law can be interpreted several ways, so a juror must follow their heart & conscious of the law.

A law can be interpreted several ways, so a juror must follow their heart & conscious of the law.
So when the judge gives the jury directions before they deliberate, he tells them to follow their hearts? Sorry wnas but I just don't see it that way. I always thought a jury was supposed to follow the laws regardless of their personal feelings about a defendant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT