ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday, we weren't as bad as it seemed, but ...

Bob said that the safety busted coverage.

Ok. So at what point does the safety "know" it is his man? Did Bob say?

I'm kinda curious. There were trips left. OLB and corner took the same guy. Easy to see how two guys would be uncovered. Was the safety supposed to cover the inside receiver as well? I ask because that is what he was doing, covering the guy running a post. There's an ILB who turns at the snap and starts running back in coverage. Did he mean the corner busted coverage, maybe? Maybe both of them?

I can see where the corner might be expecting help over the top. I have a hard time believing that a safety lined up inside the hash marks is solely responsible for a WR lined up outside the numbers. If so, this team is screwed.

Yesterday would never have happened under a Briles coached team. Period. Every time Baylor took the field, they did not have the ranked talent of their adversary. They were simply coached up, prepared, and made the better adjustments in-game.

You can scream alignees all you want but as Phaeded posted, we had NO short passing game to speak of, we didn't involve our WR's enough, and our receivers don't know how to get open or break off their routes when Baker is scrambling. We don't seem to have a safety valve receiver to dump off to. That's coaching.

Plenty of times our OL pass protected well for Baker but it wound up too often in vain.

You obviously missed their Cotton Bowl game against Michigan State.

Or their embarrassing loss at Morgantown.

I'm kinda curious. There were trips left. OLB and corner took the same guy. Easy to see how two guys would be uncovered. Was the safety supposed to cover the inside receiver as well? I ask because that is what he was doing, covering the guy running a post. There's an ILB who turns at the snap and starts running back in coverage. Did he mean the corner busted coverage, maybe? Maybe both of them?

I can see where the corner might be expecting help over the top. I have a hard time believing that a safety lined up inside the hash marks is solely responsible for a WR lined up outside the numbers. If so, this team is screwed.

He should know the coverage by the call. I'm guessing that the safety either didn't know the coverage or forgot what his responsibility was in that coverage. Almost looked like a Tampa 2 coverage when I saw the play. Safety deep outside half. Inside linebacker would then pick up the post. Communication was probably the problem on this play. With my high school team I prefer quarters or cover three in trips sets.

I'm kinda curious.

You're not really curious. You just want to see if you can find a statement to parse to bash Bob some more.

Bob said that the safety, and yes I know who it is, but won't name him other than to say he is a back up guy, checked to something he wasn't supposed to check to and nobody else heard the check and played the right defense. He was supposed to have deep half, but blew the coverage.

In your world that is the coach's fault. It was a basic coverage. That isn't the fault of a coach, in most any other football universe.

In your world that is the coach's fault. It was a basic coverage. That isn't the fault of a coach, in most any other football universe.
Well, not all coaches think this way. Go listen to Saban's post game presser this past weekend. Every single problem he said it was because the coaches failed the players. Saban said it was prolly the most disappointed he's ever felt after a win because he knew the poor performance rested solely on his shoulders. Even the large number of penalties his team committed this past weekend, Saban said it's his responsibility and has to do a better job going forward. There is the vid of Saban giving Kiffen an epic ass chewing during the game over what was going on with the offense. No doubt he talked about execution and discipline, but the ENTIRE tone of his presser was it's on the COACHES to do a better job and fix the problems. Saban flat out said he felt almost embarrassed that he didn't do a better job for the team.

At least Saban gets it. Maybe that's why he has 5 national titles under his belt, and before it's all over he may end up being the best college coach in history.

Or, the flip side is a coach that you vehemently defended Plaino...Josh Heupel. The difference though is after prolly 90% of the questions the media asked Josh after games, his default answer was "players gotta execute".

You're not really curious. You just want to see if you can find a statement to parse to bash Bob some more.

If you could read my mind, lord, what a tale my thoughts would tell...

If I wasn't curious, I wouldn't pose the question. Bash Bob? I'm not bashing Bob. I'm asking you, the self proclaimed understander of all that us of inferior football iq lack in knowledge, a rather simple question.

Bob said that the safety, and yes I know who it is, but won't name him other than to say he is a back up guy, checked to something he wasn't supposed to check to and nobody else heard the check and played the right defense. He was supposed to have deep half, but blew the coverage.

So you are saying that Bob Stoops, said that the back up safety checked to the wrong coverage, but nobody heard it. Okay. I can buy that. That doesn't change the fact that the corner and OLB doubled a 5 yd out while leaving a WR streaking down the sideline, outside the numbers. If the safety had the deep half, who busted the under side coverage? The corner bumped him just off the LOS, bit on a receiver who was covered tightly, then turned to chase the guy 74 yds.

You know nothing about my world. The idea that you know what I think is comical. I'd like to see the quote where I've blamed just the coach. This receiver was wide open for 70 of the 74 yds. There was no coverage, period. Oh, maybe he was disguised as a ghost, that you can't see....

"Johnny can't read."

"So, I work all day. It's those teachers."

"The counsellor says he's sad."

"Sad! I'll give him something to be sad about!"

That's why he doesn't pay attention...

Reactions: Oklabama
Well, not all coaches think this way. Go listen to Saban's post game presser this past weekend. Every single problem he said it was because the coaches failed the players. Saban said it was prolly the most disappointed he's ever felt after a win because he knew the poor performance rested solely on his shoulders. Even the large number of penalties his team committed this past weekend, Saban said it's his responsibility and has to do a better job going forward. There is the vid of Saban giving Kiffen an epic ass chewing during the game over what was going on with the offense. No doubt he talked about execution and discipline, but the ENTIRE tone of his presser was it's on the COACHES to do a better job and fix the problems. Saban flat out said he felt almost embarrassed that he didn't do a better job for the team.

At least Saban gets it. Maybe that's why he has 5 national titles under his belt, and before it's all over he may end up being the best college coach in history.

Or, the flip side is a coach that you vehemently defended Plaino...Josh Heupel. The difference though is after prolly 90% of the questions the media asked Josh after games, his default answer was "players gotta execute".

"This man is on Fire". Yes!

Reactions: BillyRay

"He's a good man....and thorough". Maude Lebowski.

Not sure what you are trying to say here. Bob had his own Cotton Bowl experience a few years ago as well against A&M. And speaking of embarrassing losses under Bob...where do you wanna start??

I was responding the the claim that "this would never happen to an Art Briles coached team." It happens to everybody. It happened to Nick, when he faced a Bob Stoops team three years ago.

If you could read my mind, lord, what a tale my thoughts would tell...

If I wasn't curious, I wouldn't pose the question. Bash Bob? I'm not bashing Bob. I'm asking you, the self proclaimed understander of all that us of inferior football iq lack in knowledge, a rather simple question.

So you are saying that Bob Stoops, said that the back up safety checked to the wrong coverage, but nobody heard it. Okay. I can buy that. That doesn't change the fact that the corner and OLB doubled a 5 yd out while leaving a WR streaking down the sideline, outside the numbers. If the safety had the deep half, who busted the under side coverage? The corner bumped him just off the LOS, bit on a receiver who was covered tightly, then turned to chase the guy 74 yds.

You know nothing about my world. The idea that you know what I think is comical. I'd like to see the quote where I've blamed just the coach. This receiver was wide open for 70 of the 74 yds. There was no coverage, period. Oh, maybe he was disguised as a ghost, that you can't see....

"Johnny can't read."

"So, I work all day. It's those teachers."

"The counsellor says he's sad."

"Sad! I'll give him something to be sad about!"

That's why he doesn't pay attention...

It doesn't take a mind reader, to feel your contempt for OUr head coach. You bash him every chance you get. You'd rather undermine his credibility here, than just about anything else. It would seem that you'd prefer he lose on a recruit or two, so you could bash him about that. You seem to enjoy it.

I was responding the the claim that "this would never happen to an Art Briles coached team." It happens to everybody. It happened to Nick, when he faced a Bob Stoops team three years ago.

Come on, Plaino. Do you really want to compare Bob's record of being upset while at OU to Saban's while at LSU and Alabama? Or Meyers? Or any coach at an elite program? We know Bob is a great coach and has done a terrific job for OU, but you should quit while you're ahead. Yes. Every coach has suffered an upset. But that's not the knock on Bob. It's the number of upsets.

It doesn't take a mind reader, to feel your contempt for OUr head coach. You bash him every chance you get. You'd rather undermine his credibility here, than just about anything else. It would seem that you'd prefer he lose on a recruit or two, so you could bash him about that. You seem to enjoy it.

Where? Show where I bash Stoops. I prefer he play for national championships, every year. Saban does. I prefer he get great recruits, but then you telling us all how stupid we are would probably run them off, you seem to enjoy it. You, are absolutely clueless. I love the University of Oklahoma, I want them to win. Not just in football, in everything. You should get that through your head. Nobody on this board knows anything as well as you, even themselves or what they think???? Is your ego really that big?

Not to belabor the point, well, maybe a little, you youngins should buy 'Mr. Fantasy', Traffics first LP.
A seminal must have for the cutting edge audiophile.
Then, of course if you can secure some purple microdot, it will enhance the experience.
Just saying. :)

Joe Friday says LSD is the bomb!!! Flashbacks can be a good thing, Fitty...

Reactions: JConXtsy
lol. acid? this is the video we watched in college every time we were on acid.
I dare any of you to watch all 30 minutes of it at high volume. haha

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
854 yards and 59 points off of 109 plays... Was it really not that bad this last week in Lubbock?

Well... I thought really hard about this for about 6 nano seconds. You know, defense wins championships. And when I look back on the Tortilla Thrower game, well, let's just say that I've had a change of heart... Had the OU defense not done their job with two turnovers and the two punts, the Sooners would have lost. Why? Because it is obvious that the Sooner offense didn't do the job required of it. 4th & 1 and can't get a yard? Two punts after scoring two tds to start the game? Then only a fg the next drive?

Yep, the defense saved OUr asses against TT fockers last weekend...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT