ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Sooners fall apart in 2014?

Where did my post call him out by name? This is to easy..........

Whether you named him directly in your post is irrelevant. Yankee clearly was directing his post towards you, hence he named you to identify who his post was referring to. It's communication 101.

But let's be honest here....most here know who you are referring to when you say "the twins".

Yes you are right....this is easy. Have anymore softballs you want me to crush?

Injuries can be blamed to a point, but did injuries play a part in us playing 10 yards off the WRs vs baylor? not knowing how to tackle in open space? Making bad coaching decisions vs OSU? I was a big Mike Stoops supporter when he arrived back at OU but i question the decision to keep him. If OU loses 4 or 5 this year i think its almost a sure thing he is gone. The scary part is OU lost most of their Oline, guys like Grissom on D and our kickers (ive never liked kickers though, cant trust em).........Word is that new guy has a monster leg though. Does anyone see us beating Tennessee? TCU? baylor? kstate? OSU in stillwater be tough as well
Again, injuries were AMONG the issues the plagued the team last year.
As for Mike Stoops, I believe he is overrated.

CTokie I think he is overrated as well. Let me ask you this, if you had to choose who would you rather have running the D? brent or Mike stoops

Reactions: BillyRay
Injuries turned out to be the least of our problems last year and I certainly wouldn't use that as a reason for the poor season. In my opinion, the biggest disappointment was Knight. I knew he wasn't going to be able to repeat his Bama performance but I expected much more.

Reactions: BillyRay
Well, as was alluded by jocdoc, we were all given delusions of grandeur by beating Bama because:

The graduation of Lacolton Bester and Jalen Saunders. (four of the best hands in the history of CFB)

I wasn't sure if I read this correctly...no one else mentioned it, so I don't know if you're being sarcastic or really believe that Lacoltan Bester has two of the best hands in the history of college football.

Thinking it was just me, I was able to look up his stats - for the two years he was here, he had 30 catches for 421 yards, a 14.0 average, and 2 TDs...

I agree with almost everything everyone wrote, but I have been maintaining our drop off has been due to recruiting and less than stellar coaching - I don't blame 2 and 3 stars for having what most of us think of as average seasons.

This statement just stood out to me, and I wasn't sure if he was joking or not.

He certainly was outstanding in the Sugar Bowl, as you say - that first catch for the TD was key, especially coming right after we traded INTs. I wish he had had 4 yrs here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT