ADVERTISEMENT

Will Anyone Really be Surprised if….

tansoonerfan

Sooner signee
Oct 29, 2002
OSU sweeps OU in basketball this year also? Seems like they always start strong and fall apart as the year goes on in Big 12 play.

Reactions: BoomBoom99
I just want to see us win a winter game in sports that's on national tv. Today, the number one ranked men's gymnastics team laid an egg and lost narrowly at number 5 Illinois. Men's basketball laid a bigger egg at home against the Horns. Maybe only OUr female athletes can win on national tv.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
OSU sweeps OU in basketball this year also? Seems like they always start strong and fall apart as the year goes on in Big 12 play.
Thunder basketball killed the buzz of in state basketball. It’s has become an after thought.

Thunder basketball killed the buzz of in state basketball. It’s has become an after thought.
This post was before the Thunder dropped a game to the previously 5 win Detroit Pistons. Hopefully, the state of OK for basketball does not become like the Detroit Lions of the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Is it the players or coaches that faulter down the stretch, or both. Makes you wonder if we are going to see another mass exodus like the last two years. If that happens again, time for a new head coach.

The men played well enough at home last night to knock down ranked BYU and kSu beat rock chalk also. The B12 is the best league this season, same as last year

Reactions: Sooners83
It wouldn't have surprised me, especially if I knew every time the stripes called a bad foul on OU, that they'd follow it up three times with technicals on OUr players, causing at least one to foul out immediately, but OUr guys prevailed. With who they're missing, OSU isn't very good, but the damn near beat us in Lloyd Noble.

What a great week. The girls won both. The guys won both, including OU's women's first win in Ames in seven years. Women's and Men's Gymnastics are currently number one. Patty's women won numbers, 54, 55, 56 an 57 in a row, having to overcome.

The Stars got their best player back and are back in first place in the Division. The Mavs just acquired to terrific complementary players that might just make them dangerous.

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, I'll have had a really good week.

Last edited:
The best highlight of Bedlam last night was the student section going crazy over two missed Aggie free-throws. Free taquitos for everybody.

• Haha
Reactions: iasooner2000
I care enough to check game scores and watch part of the games. But unlike football, where I make sure I see every snap, or for that matter softball or women's gymnastics, I really can't sit and watch 40 minutes. Their lack of quality fundamentals drive me crazy. In this case, I don't think it's on the coaches. It's about players with poor habits.

Reactions: Pruitt4Prez
I care enough to check game scores and watch part of the games. But unlike football, where I make sure I see every snap, or for that matter softball or women's gymnastics, I really can't sit and watch 40 minutes. Their lack of quality fundamentals drive me crazy. In this case, I don't think it's on the coaches. It's about players with poor habits.
I agree to a point. With that being said I find this team really tough to watch but I have watched most of the games. Its bad basketball at times and I know we should be happy OU is 18-6 but it seems like against the better quality teams they fail to convert the free throws. It has cost them already in some of those games.

Over the next 6 games if they can pull out 2 wins as a fan I would be happy with that which I think would guarantee them an NCAA Tournament bid. It wouldn’t surprise me though if they laid an egg and go 0-6 in this stretch. I don’t believe PM gets a pass on this either. He is as responsible for the way this team plays as are the players.

This team at times can’t even dribble the ball.

I think Moser will get at least one year in the SEC. Big12 basketball is much more challenging than the SEC. If these guys dont bail on him after the season and he actually gets to coach 5 guys for more than one year. I think we will see a better team.

I think Moser will get at least one year in the SEC. Big12 basketball is much more challenging than the SEC. If these guys dont bail on him after the season and he actually gets to coach 5 guys for more than one year. I think we will see a better team.
Thats really the thing that turns me off of todays college basketball. Kids constantly transferring or going to the nba. Its hard to get to know any of them and you have no faith that they will even stick around for very long. Football seems to be getting just as bad

Thats really the thing that turns me off of todays college basketball. Kids constantly transferring or going to the nba. Its hard to get to know any of them and you have no faith that they will even stick around for very long. Football seems to be getting just as bad
Football just got worse. I'm about done.

Once again the team showed why its really tough to watch them. They led at the half vs KU 34-29 and then scored only 23 points over the final 20 minutes. Lost 67-57. Thats barely 1 pt per minute and I believe at one point they went like 6 min without a field goal. That is just bad basketball but it seems to be the norm with this team.

No wonder fans dont show up for games like they did in the Tubbs and Sampson ERAs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT