ADVERTISEMENT

Who you got in the Super Bowl?

Iā€™m okay with either winning and wonā€™t be surprised if Jalen gets the big win, I just want to see the cowboys and the Indians play in the final mess once

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I'm a lifelong Eagles fan. Fairweather fan since Philly brought the trophy home in 2017. My interest amped back up because of the success of former sooners Jalen Hurts and Lane Johnson.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I'm a lifelong Eagles fan. Fairweather fan since Philly brought the trophy home in 2017. My interest amped back up because of the success of former sooners Jalen Hurts and Lane Johnson.
Woody, are you old enough to remember when Norm Van Brocklin and Tommy McDonald led the Eagles to the 1960 NFL championship, six years before the first Super Bowl? That was the day that the Eagles center was injured, so MLB Chuck Bednarik played 60 minutes, filling in at center. They were the only NFL team ever to beat Lombardi's Packers in the post season.

I am pulling for the Chiefs, but think that if Mahomes' mobility is limited at all by his injury, that KC will have a hard time winning. The Eagles have been a better team this year, especially when Jalen Hurts has played healthy. I don't know if he's close to 100% either. But I think Philly has more weapons, and is a little better on defense.

Woody, are you old enough to remember when Norm Van Brocklin and Tommy McDonald led the Eagles to the 1960 NFL championship, six years before the first Super Bowl? That was the day that the Eagles center was injured, so MLB Chuck Bednarik played 60 minutes, filling in at center. They were the only NFL team ever to beat Lombardi's Packers in the post season.
No sir, I was born in 67. I'm a child of the glorious 70s. For whatever reason I followed the Eagles at a very young age as everyone in OKC we're either chiefs, Steelers or cowboy fans. Tommy and Norm are legends from what I've heard. Wished I could've been witness to Tommy's days at OU. Tommy's a Sooner legend from what I understand.

Last edited:
Tommy was my dad's favorite player. He probably would have won the Heisman his senior year had Bud not encouraged the PR people at OU, to simultaneously push Jerry Tubbs and Tommy for the Heisman. They ended up third and forth. Paul Horning won it on a team that won TWO GAMES. A whole lot of people said that Jimmy Brown should have won it, but didn't because he was black. He was obviously a dominant player, almost universally considered one of the top three NFL players ever.

But Tommy was best player on a team that won back to back natty's and was wrapping up the end of that season, had a 40 game winning streak. Hornung? Notre Dame had a little political clout in those days. But two wins? OU beat them 40-zip in South Bend.

I wasn't old enough to have seen that team. I was 5. But I saw Tommy in the NFL, and watched the Packer game which ironically was played on a Monday. It was December 26. In those days, the NFL, nor anybody else played on Christmas Day.

Tommy was my dad's favorite player. He probably would have won the Heisman his senior year had Bud not encouraged the PR people at OU, to simultaneously push Jerry Tubbs and Tommy for the Heisman. They ended up third and forth. Paul Horning won it on a team that won TWO GAMES. A whole lot of people said that Jimmy Brown should have won it, but didn't because he was black. He was obviously a dominant player, almost universally considered one of the top three NFL players ever.

But Tommy was best player on a team that won back to back natty's and was wrapping up the end of that season, had a 40 game winning streak. Hornung? Notre Dame had a little political clout in those days. But two wins? OU beat them 40-zip in South Bend.

I wasn't old enough to have seen that team. I was 5. But I saw Tommy in the NFL, and watched the Packer game which ironically was played on a Monday. It was December 26. In those days, the NFL, nor anybody else played on Christmas Day.
Good stuff Plaino, as I said I grew up in the glorious 70s and 80s when the King and Osbourne owned cfb. Conference division didn't help the conference along with nebs firing of Solich imo. During this period I considered huskers OUr biggest rival. Not horn. By the way, the history you and ct contribute is invaluable. I really do appreciate it.

I will refrain from picking because I just don"t care. I have never see so much activity in Scottsdale/Phoenix in my life. Hotels are full, lines to enter at the top restaurants. The Phoenix Open is in my general area as was Barrett-Jackson. Eagles/Chiefs fans everywhere. The top breakfast places opened at 5 am this morning. Scottsdale airport is a private plane parking lot. Mostly well behaved. The night club area in old town normally dominates bad behavior. The Four Seasons Pinnacle Pean near my home is $900/night with 100% occupancy until Friday.

I will refrain from picking because I just don"t care. I have never see so much activity in Scottsdale/Phoenix in my life. Hotels are full, lines to enter at the top restaurants. The Phoenix Open is in my general area as was Barrett-Jackson. Eagles/Chiefs fans everywhere. The top breakfast places opened at 5 am this morning. Scottsdale airport is a private plane parking lot. Mostly well behaved. The night club area in old town normally dominates bad behavior. The Four Seasons Pinnacle Pean near my home is $900/night with 100% occupancy until Friday.
If you cared just a little bit, who you got? Git in here brother.

Last edited:
Mahomes is unbelievable. But tonight, it was at least as much about the five OLIne guys from KC, two of whom were Sooner studs. Creed Humphrey in his second year is already being talked about as one of the three best centers in football. Some consider him the best.

And Orlando Brown is a premier offensive tackle, who has made the hard transition from RT to LT. Tonight, they faced the defensive front four that had the third most sacks in NFL history, most of it without blitzing. They shut them out in the sack department, and there was very little pressure on the hobbled quarterback all game.

I guess Andy Reid gets all the credit for the Chiefs offensive planning, but whether it's him or Eric Bienemy or a combination of the two, they outcoached the Eagle DStaff tonight, in the second half.. If they hadn't shut down the last scoring drive on purpose, they'd have put up a touchdown on every second half possession of the game, after Mahomes got dinged even further.

But Mahomes is unbelievable.

Of course I'm disappointed with the outcome but great to see so many sooners have a great game. Also Andy being able to achieve what he couldn't with Philly. Great coach and good for him. This game couldve very easily gone the other way though. Good game.

Of course I'm disappointed with the outcome but great to see so many sooners have a great game. Also Andy being able to achieve what he couldn't with Philly. Great coach and good for him. This game couldve very easily gone the other way though. Good game.
He didn't do it in Philly, because he had a very good, but not great quarterback. Right now, he has an all timer. When I see scribes praising Kelce, asking "how do you always get open?" I'm a bit amused. At least a third of the time, if not a lot more, he's in position where Mahomes, and maybe two other NFL quarterbacks could get the ball to him. He gets bracketed, but Mahomes can fit the ball into places that as a Cowboy fan, I can guarantee you that the NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year, would either throw a pick, or look elsewhere, or take a sack. Travis is really really good.

But they have a kismet thing going on, between coach, tight end and quarterback. These combinations are elusive. They all seem like guys that appreciate how special they have it, and will work to keep it intact. We'll see how long the succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT