ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next QB

If Fields transfers he would have to sit out a year. Then it would be him vs. Rattler, would be a great qb battle but I dont see that happening. It will be Kendall or Mordecia next year with Rattler redshirting or if he is a stud then it will be Rattler by the time big 12 play begins and one of the other two guys will transfer out, if not both.

Funny how nobody mentions the fact that these 2 QBs that OU have had weren't elite players until AFTER they came to OU.Maybe these other teams can't groom them quite like OU can.I don't think Riley will have to worry about good QBs coming to OU.So for those schools with fullback/QBs keep on stirring the pot,we love it.

Reactions: runningback43
Billy Sims should've won his second Heisman trophy before Charles White won his first. In a similar vein, if anyone was going to win back to back trophies in the mid-1970s it should've been Tony Dorsett--certainly a much better player than Archie Griffin.

I realize Kendall was the backup this year, but I just wasn't very impressed with the guy. I guess he is probably decent and knows the system, but I can't see him being "the guy". Mordeci looked pretty good the short time he played. I highly doubt Rattler will be ready to step in as a freshman.

too fall in OU's lap?

Hello my Texas Longhorn friend.

Sam Ehlinger wants to be a Sooner but we rejected him.

Actually I think it will be Austin Kendall. We also have a very talented QB Mordechi

Last edited:
Funny how nobody mentions the fact that these 2 QBs that OU have had weren't elite players until AFTER they came to OU.Maybe these other teams can't groom them quite like OU can.I don't think Riley will have to worry about good QBs coming to OU.So for those schools with fullback/QBs keep on stirring the pot,we love it.
Kendall was a 4 star recruit.

I believe Baker was Player of the Year or something prestigious in the Big XII at TT and Murray was a 5-star QB.

Reactions: Spacemon25
What I meant was they were highly regarded but nowhere near the polished players that they are now. I realize that they were highly ranked in the star rating.

I don't see how you come to that conclusion. Baker was Player of the Year or something impressive at TT and Kyler (a 5-star recruit on most sites) was very good at A&M and was something like 43-0 in high school? You can't get much more accomplished than that.

Granted, no one could envision two Heismans, but they sure had more going for them when they transferred to OU than Sam Bradford, who was a 3-star recruit.

Hello my Texas Longhorn friend.

Sam Ehlinger wants to be a Sooner but we rejected him.

Actually I think it will be Austin Kendall. We also have a very talented QB Mordechi
Bull you need to read up on Sam. He never wanted to be a sooner.

Kendall was a 4 star recruit.

He may have been a 4 star recruit, but so far he hasn't shown that talent. The difference between him and Murray is night and day. I believe he can be a solid QB but nothing special that is going to be anywhere close to what we have had lately. It will be interesting to see if anyone emerges

He may have been a 4 star recruit, but so far he hasn't shown that talent. The difference between him and Murray is night and day. I believe he can be a solid QB but nothing special that is going to be anywhere close to what we have had lately. It will be interesting to see if anyone emerges
Kendall's leg injury may be holding him back aside from the overall depth at QB.

Wouldn't be shocked if Hurts came here for his last year. Perfect scenario too as we get a player with experience to step right in and gives the younger guys a year to develop.

I agree. I don't think Kendall is a good fit for Riley's offenses. He is a much better fit at NC State.

Wouldn't be shocked if Hurts came here for his last year. Perfect scenario too as we get a player with experience to step right in and gives the younger guys a year to develop.
You are the only person n this planet that wouldn't be shocked if Hurts transferred to OU. Where did you hear that Hurts was transferring? BTW: Have you played the links course in Ochelata?

Sooners49 Murry was No. 1 rated QB coming out of highschool. He is not a surprise or the product of development

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT