ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next QB

You are the only person n this planet that wouldn't be shocked if Hurts transferred to OU. Where did you hear that Hurts was transferring? BTW: Have you played the links course in Ochelata?
Oh, no news about him transferring, just doubt he would sit behind Tua again. He could transfer without having to sit out a year, so my guess is that it would be a possibility. Haven't played the Ochelata course, but in High School (late 80s / early 90s), played at Nowata, Vinita, Pawhuska, Cleveland just to mention a few.

Austin Kendall stats at OU. In the time he played he was very accurate 28 of 39 71.8% for 265 yards and he threw 3 TD passes with no interceptions

Austin Kendall Passing
Year
School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Oklahoma Big 12 FR QB 2 16 22 72.7 143 6.5 8.3 2 0 157.3
*2017 Oklahoma Big 12 SO QB
2018 Oklahoma Big 12 SO QB 4 12 17 70.6 122 7.2 8.4 1 0 150.3
Career Oklahoma 28 39 71.8 265 6.8 8.3 3 0 154.3

Oh, no news about him transferring, just doubt he would sit behind Tua again. He could transfer without having to sit out a year, so my guess is that it would be a possibility. Haven't played the Ochelata course, but in High School (late 80s / early 90s), played at Nowata, Vinita, Pawhuska, Cleveland just to mention a few.
Just joking on the Ochelata links.....it's one hole on 80 acres, no green and the flag is hard to see. I'm from Ochelata but left town long ago.

Reactions: veritas59
Just joking on the Ochelata links.....it's one hole on 80 acres, no green and the flag is hard to see. I'm from Ochelata but left town long ago.
Lol, I haven't been up that way in a few years so thought maybe there was some new development I wasn't aware of!

Makes me think of that good ol' boy that played on the senior tour a few years ago. haha

Buechele was offered by OU.....and by Kentucky, Houston, Mississippi. He came from a pro-OU family.

I am very well aware of the Buechele family's strong ties to OU in several sports for both women and men. His brother especially was an excellent player on the OU baseball team.

Shane Buechele.was in the 2016 class,

With OU getting Kyler Murray a transfer from aTm in 2016, and getting freshman 4 star Kendall In the 2016 class and having Baker Mayfield a Jr. in 2016 and getting a walk-on Conner McGuiness who has a lot of talent (I saw him play in high school) I did not think OU offered but I do think Buechele seeing the OU QB depth, he decided to look elsewhere as did former OU QB Charles Thompson whose youngest son also signed with Texas.

I am very well aware of the Buechele family's strong ties to OU in several sports for both women and men. His brother especially was an excellent player on the OU baseball team.

Shane Buechele.was in the 2016 class,

With OU getting Kyler Murray a transfer from aTm in 2016, and getting freshman 4 star Kendall In the 2016 class and having Baker Mayfield a Jr. in 2016 and getting a walk-on Conner McGuiness who has a lot of talent (I saw him play in high school) I did not think OU offered but I do think Buechele seeing the OU QB depth, he decided to look elsewhere as did former OU QB Charles Thompson whose youngest son also signed with Texas.
Bull they did offer.

As he continued to elevate his stature in Texas high school football circles, Buechele began garnering interest from a number of high-major programs. Kentucky was the first to extend Buechele a scholarship offer in March of his sophomore year, and other programs such as TCU and Texas Tech followed suit in the coming months. One early offer, from Oklahoma, carried more weight than the others. Buechele’s brother, Garrett, was on the Sooners’ baseball team, and his two sisters attend the school. Yet Buechele, who plans to also play baseball at Texas, said the Longhorns grabbed his attention because “I was never a Texas fan growing up.” After attending a camp at the school the summer before his junior season, Buechele says he knew that if the Longhorns were to offer him, they would be heavily considered as his college destination.

Last edited:
With OU getting Kyler Murray a transfer from aTm in 2016, and getting freshman 4 star Kendall In the 2016 class and having Baker Mayfield a Jr. in 2016 and getting a walk-on Conner McGuiness who has a lot of talent (I saw him play in high school) I did not think OU offered but I do think Buechele seeing the OU QB depth, he decided to look elsewhere
This makes zero sense, and really is just flat out fake news. Buechele committed to UT in Feb 2015. Austin Kendall didn't commit to OU until several months after that. And Kyler Murray didn't decide to transfer to OU until December of 2015.

Bull, OU offered Buechele.

This makes zero sense, and really is just flat out fake news. Buechele committed to UT in Feb 2015. Austin Kendall didn't commit to OU until several months after that. And Kyler Murray didn't decide to transfer to OU until December of 2015.

Bull, OU offered Buechele.

No, Buechele committed to Texas February 3rd 2016

Kyler announced he was transferring to OU from Texas A&M on December 24th 2015

LINK
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...recruit-high-school/1edpe78uf1w8hzg88xt1imt49

Last edited:
If I remembet correctly, Buechele was being recruited by Heupel. Heupel was fired in early January 2015. Riley didn't pursue Buechele and wanted to go in another direction. He was recruiting Kendall to East Carolina and started recruiting him to OU after replacing Heupel.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyRay
If I remembet correctly, Buechele was being recruited by Heupel. Heupel was fired in early January 2015. Riley didn't pursue Buechele and wanted to go in another direction. He was recruiting Kendall to East Carolina and started recruiting him to OU after replacing Heupel.

You are correct.

I wish Shane Buechele much success as the Texas QB He is a great kid from a great family

Prolly a good reason why Buechele went ahead and committed to Texas on 24 Feb 2015. Two months before Austin Kendall committed to OU, and about 10 months before Kyler Murray decided to transfer to OU.

giphy.gif

This thread is beginning to remind me of a Coen brothers’ movie. LMAO.

Well getting back to the original question... as stated in another thread or two, it appears that there is a strong chance that Fields could be "NEXT"

Reactions: BillyRay
Austin Kendall has completed close to 75% of his passes in mopup duty.
He'll be hard to beat out. Mordecai has close to Murray's wheels and can
throw the ball. It'll be a close race just like it was with Murray and Kendall
this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT