ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the outrage ?

For the female peta member Nasim Aghdam, youtube shooter in California who was the onliest one killed, by an 'assault pistol' ?
There should be outrage.
She obviously had mental problems. It does not matter she was a Peta person (what in the hell does this have to do with anything), a female or Muslim. She is just another mentally ill person with a gun shooting innocent people. .

Last edited:
yup... just as I told my folks at work. Once the media learned that the perp was a female with a Muslim name, they went dark.

Yet they claim to have no agenda.

Wrong. The story was still being covered today by your "Fake News" channels. I did not find any mention of it today by Fox, but I can only take their spin for only a few minutes at a time until I feel the urge to vomit.

Wrong. The story was still being covered today by your "Fake News" channels. I did not find any mention of it today by Fox, but I can only take their spin for only a few minutes at a time until I feel the urge to vomit.
Let's not pick on Fox News by itself. All the news networks are about spinning truths and interpreting....not informing us of....the events of the world.
Liberals gravitate to MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC with their prissy liberal pundits. Conservatives to Fox News and its neocon Bible thumpers. And both sides pimp the reckless behavior of their party's politicians. No one wants to hear and try to understand what the opposing views are.
"Fair and balanced"? "Let not your hearts be troubled"? What nonsense.

Let's not pick on Fox News by itself. All the news networks are about spinning truths and interpreting....not informing us of....the events of the world.
Liberals gravitate to MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC with their prissy liberal pundits. Conservatives to Fox News and its neocon Bible thumpers. And both sides pimp the reckless behavior of their party's politicians. No one wants to hear and try to understand what the opposing views are.
"Fair and balanced"? "Let not your hearts be troubled"? What nonsense.

I completely ignore the news channels and any other forum that makes up news and spreads some garbage agenda. They are not worth my time. Real news presentation has vanished. Spoon fed crap to the ignorants and gullible.

I'm outraged by the corruption of this administration (see Scott Pruitt), Donald's constant lying (pick one of thousands), the completely unnecessary border wall and the negative effects of a trade war with China on our economy, among many other things to be outraged about. And no one is going to have their guns taken away. Outside of that, I'm as happy as a pig in mud.

I think it's the responsibility of all citizens to read and watch as diverse a spread of available media as possible. You have to be able to discern agenda from reality and the truth...opinion from fact; and even then there are nuances to all reporting. In my mind Carlson and Hannity are like radio "shock jocks." They know who their audience is and they do everything they can to connect with them. CNN has fallen to a distant 3rd in cable news and they seem to spend too much time on ancillary issues that don't really get to the heart of a matter. I think MSMBC has made the most progress and effort to move more to the middle. Their on-air talent is by far the most knowledgeable and they have incorporated a number of respected Republican analysts who bring a more balanced perspective. FOX needs more Shepherd Smith types. CNN needs to rethink their whole approach. Print media provides numerous opportunities to see and read various views on our current state of affairs. The trick is to read between the lines and understand what is fact and what is agenda and what has a little of both.

There should be outrage.
She obviously had mental problems. It does not matter she was a Peta person (what in the hell does this have to do with anything), a female or Muslim. She is just another mentally ill person with a gun shooting innocent people. .

It matters that she was these things in as much as you wouldn't have heard the effing story on any other channel than FoxNews (the day it occurred) unless you demanded it from other sources after the fact or found it buried deep in some yellow rag PLUS she only tried to kill but was killed in time, by a responsible gun owner.
I don't watch much FN any more and Tucker is a recycled CNN guy and I can take only so much of him. From 6-7 I see one of their girls for the news of the hour and that's about it. They don't do any Bible thumping in that hour. Without them leading the way with the daily news, NONE of the others would be forced to cover any truth until 3 days later, if then.
Most of my news these days comes by carrier pigeon or canned reruns from Edward R Morrow...

Last edited:
Reactions: Senior Sooner
For the female peta member Nasim Aghdam, youtube shooter in California who was the onliest one killed, by an 'assault pistol' ?

Why did you mention she was a member of PETA (People for the ethical treatment of Animals)?

My wife is a PETA member and an ASPCA member(American society for the prevention of cruelty to Animals) & Best Friends Animal Society. They go after those sick bastards who torture animals.

Does being a member of PETA make my wife a potential serial killer?

Why you mentioned PETA like it was bad is a head scratcher and it is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: alfalfa bill
I'm outraged by the corruption of this administration (see Scott Pruitt), Donald's constant lying (pick one of thousands), the completely unnecessary border wall and the negative effects of a trade war with China on our economy, among many other things to be outraged about. And no one is going to have their guns taken away. Outside of that, I'm as happy as a pig in mud.

Damn right they aren't. War will come when. this happens.

Reactions: CalSooner

I don't have any fake news channels. I don't have any news channels. But they're all fake news channels. There's nothing fair and balanced about any of them. They all lie, they all suppress information that doesn't feed their own confirmation biases, and most people don't have the critical thinking skills to see through it. People aren't all that interested in the truth; they're interested in hearing and repeating things they want to be true. No better example of that than Facebook. Civil discourse is a thing of the past.

It's economy stupid. The rest is bullshit fodder of personal beliefs.

Now whats the economy is Trump putting 150 Billion dollars of sanctions and tarriffs on goods coming from China. China will then put tarriffs and sanctions150 Billion of US goods coming from the US to China. This will create a trade war which will be harmful to many US companies including American farmers who export soybeans and fruit to China.

Never in US history have sanctions and tarriffs which lead to a trade war succeeded,....Never.

Now whats the economy is Trump putting 150 Billion dollars of sanctions and tarriffs on goods coming from China. China will then put tarriffs and sanctions150 Billion of US goods coming from the US to China. This will create a trade war which will be harmful to many US companies including American farmers who export soybeans and fruit to China.

Never in US history have sanctions and tarriffs which lead to a trade war succeeded,....Never.

We all get it. You hate Trump. But regardless, it's the economy.... STUPID.

There should be outrage.

So... then it's not the gun, it's the mentally ill person? Correct?

Why did you mention she was a member of PETA (People for the ethical treatment of Animals)?

My wife is a PETA member and an ASPCA member(American society for the prevention of cruelty to Animals) & Best Friends Animal Society. They go after those sick bastards who torture animals.

Does being a member of PETA make my wife a potential serial killer?

Why you mentioned PETA like it was bad is a head scratcher and it is ridiculous.

Gary has it right. Many on the left have criticized the NRA as a terrorists organization. Which means they believe that it's members such as myself are terrorists as well. To my knowledge there has been no shootings by NRA members. Yet there has indeed been one by a PETA member. Fair or not, and like it or not, this member gave PETA another black eye. Do I think that PETA members are terrorists? No. Neither do I think a NRA member or the NRA organization is a terrorist as well.

David I answered the question that was asked in the first half of post 10 but good gawd, I believe I'll start PETH. The H stands for humans and/or hunans ! We're all animals but I won't be cannibalizing anyone's pet just yet
It sounded like to me you have no respect for Animal rights groups. Why else would you describe a serial killer as being a PETA member?
Was I "Supposed to have outrage" because she was a member of PETA. People for the ethical treatment of Animals Their goal is to go after the slime who abuse and torture animals.
Personally I hate the humans who abuse animals the worst.

Last edited:
I didn't describe anyone of anything. Once again to clarify:
FoxNews reported the facts of the story that forced the other fake news shows to share the story, with their slant 2 or 3 days later. THEY pointed out her proclivities PLUS the fact that she was a failure as a shooter; SHE was the only one to die fortunately. Does that mean all PETA members or Muslims are terrible shooters ? Most assuredly not

I didn't describe anyone of anything.
\

You described the serial shooter as a "female peta member". In fact in your opening post that was the only description you gave of this serial shooter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
I suppose I could have stated "direct from FoxNews" or put it in quotation marks... Apologies for characterizing all peta members or muslims as assassin failures

You did not describe her as a Muslim. The only description you gave her was a "female peta member"

I get the feeling you hate animal rights advocates, A female peta member". became a serial shooter according to you. A "female peta member" is the only description you gave the serial shooter.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Have never had one; to say I hate em would be a bit premature. Probably taste just like chicken, free range or domestic

I never said she became a "serial or cereal shooter" either since you like to misquote me...

Last edited:
Have never had one; to say I hate em would be a bit premature. Probably taste just like chicken, free range or domestic

I never said she became a "serial or cereal shooter" either since you like to misquote me...

How can I be misquoting you when its the words you typed. Its your own words Gary Go back and read your opening post in this thread.

The only description you gave her was "a female peta member". who was the U-Tube shooter.
Correct?
"
It implies that you are giving PETA members a bad connotation. That was the only description you gave of the U-Tube shooter being a PETA member..It tells me you don't like PETA or any organization .that is for animal rights.
The opening post is yours Gary in your own words.

Last edited:
Why else would you describe a serial killer as being a PETA member?

People for the ethical treatment of Animals Their goal is to go after the slime who abuse and torture animals.

You described the serial shooter

How can I be misquoting you when its the words you typed. Its your own words Gary Go back and read your opening post in this thread.
The hyperbole is thick. How can that lady be a serial shooter when she only shot up one place? How can she be a serial killer when she only managed to kill herself?

Regarding PETA, is anything in this link true? Before you answer, realize that there are references linked in the article itself.

https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/21-people-for-the-ethical-treatment-of-animals/

Thanks for posting this link. They're a bunch of wack jobs.

At the radical level, for sure. I love our pet mutt of course and would never stand for mistreating animals which I'm sure is the same for Mrs bullmarket and 99% of everyone.
Saying that, I would slaughter any mosquito or snail darter that ever crossed my path into extinction even if it means cosmic disruption in the balance of life as we know it.
At this point in my life I'll eat just about anything that doesn't eat me first. I draw the line at liver but I'll have the fava beans and a nice chianti...

Last edited:
At the radical level, for sure. I love our pet mutt of course and would never stand for mistreating animals which I'm sure is the same for Mrs bullmarket and 99% of everyone.
Saying that, I would slaughter any mosquito or snail darter that ever crossed my path into extinction even if it meant cosmic disruption in the balance of life as we know it.

Make no mistake, I'm an animal lover, too. We've always had dogs and treat them as part of the family. My Border Collie is resting at my feet right now. I don't hunt, but I have no issues with people who do, as long as they eat the meat. See what would happen if you banned deer hunting-the vegans wouldn't have any vegetables to eat. PETA, at least at the active level of membership, are a bunch of radical lunatics.

Maybe bull will espouse on the good vs bad peta, now that golf is done.

Just so you can laugh at/with me, we are in the midst of a final winter blast of 2-6" of snow today. We'll go straight into tornado alerts and raise temps 40-50 degrees by Friday...
You are preachin' to the Choir, Son...Yesterday, we had a 4.6 Quake before daylight...When it DID get light, I could see snow on the ground, ice on the trees, and it was raining. Later, the Sun came out, and I could see all of the frozen foliage that had been nipped in the bud by the 20o temps...Possible tornados in the forecast...

NEVER get in a Weather-Related Convo with Local Okies! .:p

30227153_573087946409696_374061380552097792_n.jpg

Maybe bull will espouse on the good vs bad peta, now that golf is done.

Just so you can laugh at/with me, we are in the midst of a final winter blast of 2-6" of snow today. We'll go straight into tornado alerts and raise temps 40-50 degrees by Friday...

My wife and I feel extremely strongly for animal rights. We are currently in several animal rights groups. ASPCA, Best Friends animal association, Farm Sanctuary, The Elephant preserve in Tennessee, the World Wildlife Fund. .All do wonderful work for the benefit of animals
We cancelled our membership in Peta this week. Things I learned this week that they did, completely go against our beliefs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT