ADVERTISEMENT

What's Funny...

No, I'll drop by tomorrow morning...I'll bring your favorite...blueberry pancakes and bacon from IHOP.

Then, and only then you can present me with my Ovaltine Secret Decoder Ring...shall I wear the cape?
The monocle?

Oh good, you're a good sport as usual...so sweet...:rolleyes:

No need for the cape & monocle fitty but you will have to bring enough for the three of us. (And bring some daylight donuts also...)

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I wouldn't want you to cease posting and I'm not an advocate of such for anyone here. Come and go as you please.

My point is that some seem to welcome you back by reverting back to their unsavory (my opinion) ways. My opinion on the matter will most likely fail to bear fruit when posting histories are considered. But, I can always hope. Hope is a wonderful thing. As is faith.

The Scoop allows me to be a nobody for the most part. I choose to be a somebody here on occasion when I think I have a positive message to impart and as long as that message is permitted. But, mostly, I choose to be a somebody elsewhere where I know I can make a positive impact. My walk is very important to me. The Scoop is purely recreational for me.

Whatever you decide and whatever is in your best interests, never forget that I have the utmost respect for you even if my direct actions might imply something different. They truly don't. We are a part of the same Brotherhood. That matters more to me than the Scoop and OU ever will.

Boomer Sooner

You indicated that my return had a negative impact on the board...I had no decision...I gave you the decision. Having said that, I've gotten to know you well enough here to know the answer.

Just going back and reviewing the last few pages of the game thread, I submit that there's likely some information that you're missing.

I'd also be remiss in not pointing out that history has proven that there's rarely an issue with someone expressing a less than positive opinion. However, it's also been proven that if you have no clue what you're talking about and continue to create posts that prove it AND you consistently want to fire our coaches...you'd better be ready to defend your opinions ferociously...and then man up and admit you're wrong when you are.

You and I both can vouch for each other's abilities to admit mistakes or errors in judgement. There are a few here that could learn from you. Until then, they will continue to have less than a pleasurable experience here.

Hope you and yours are doing well.

You indicated that my return had a negative impact on the board...I had no decision...I gave you the decision. Having said that, I've gotten to know you well enough here to know the answer.

Just going back and reviewing the last few pages of the game thread, I submit that there's likely some information that you're missing.

I'd also be remiss in not pointing out that history has proven that there's rarely an issue with someone expressing a less than positive opinion. However, it's also been proven that if you have no clue what you're talking about and continue to create posts that prove it AND you consistently want to fire our coaches...you'd better be ready to defend your opinions ferociously...and then man up and admit you're wrong when you are.

You and I both can vouch for each other's abilities to admit mistakes or errors in judgement. There are a few here that could learn from you. Until then, they will continue to have less than a pleasurable experience here.

Thank you for asking about my family and I. We are well. I hope the same for you and your loved ones.

I am going to be honest with you and you deserve that from me. I would also expect nothing less from you in return so feel free to come back to me.

Your continued posting is only a negative in my opinion when those who have historically supported you, your positions, and manner of expressions feed off your occasional negativity towards others to justify their own similar negativity and abusive ways. Right or wrong in my assumptions, what I do for a brother is to encourage, edify, and correct what I believe to be an issue needing such. Opposition to another's views need not be insulting especially from those who know better through their faith and understandings. This is why I find myself in conflict all too often with another poster on this site that you know well. It's not his differing opinion I oppose. It is his intentional condescension that bothers me. Admittedly, I don't always express my concerns in this regard appropriately.

It is possible I overstep my boundaries on occasion. My intent is to provide a legitimate service based on shared or developing understandings and core beliefs.

As to whether I am missing something in the game thread, it's always possible. There is one poster in particular who seemingly does not know when to leave well-enough alone. He wants the last word always and because of that, he is treated as sport by those who know or should know better. I am more patient and understanding of the former and not so much the latter. Issues of negative bantering and disrespect will run their course and end in a reasonable timeframe if they are allowed the opportunity. Knowing someone who seems to have a tormented soul and then escalating the torment seemingly through their own self-indulgence and superior behaviors is particularly loathsome to me when 90% of it can be avoided.

I'm personally glad you are back posting.

Boomer Sooner

Thank you for asking about my family and I. We are well. I hope the same for you and your loved ones.

I am going to be honest with you and you deserve that from me. I would also expect nothing less from you in return so feel free to come back to me.

Your continued posting is only a negative in my opinion when those who have historically supported you, your positions, and manner of expressions feed off your occasional negativity towards others to justify their own similar negativity and abusive ways. Right or wrong in my assumptions, what I do for a brother is to encourage, edify, and correct what I believe to be an issue needing such. Opposition to another's views need not be insulting especially from those who know better through their faith and understandings. This is why I find myself in conflict all too often with another poster on this site that you know well. It's not his differing opinion I oppose. It is his intentional condescension that bothers me. Admittedly, I don't always express my concerns in this regard appropriately.

It is possible I overstep my boundaries on occasion. My intent is to provide a legitimate service based on shared or developing understandings and core beliefs.

As to whether I am missing something in the game thread, it's always possible. There is one poster in particular who seemingly does not know when to leave well-enough alone. He wants the last word always and because of that, he is treated as sport by those who know or should know better. I am more patient and understanding of the former and not so much the latter. Issues of negative bantering and disrespect will run their course and end in a reasonable timeframe if they are allowed the opportunity. Knowing someone who seems to have a tormented soul and then escalating the torment seemingly through their own self-indulgence and superior behaviors is particularly loathsome to me when 90% of it can be avoided.

I'm personally glad you are back posting.

Boomer Sooner

Is it possible that you're giving me too much credit for having the ability to influence how others post?

Emotional posts after a loss are as old as CFB message boards. One of the reasons I try to avoid the board after a loss. However, a few of the "boys" have a well deserved reputation for throwing coaches and players under the bus at most any opportunity and the most valid reason they provide is..."because we lost and I'm entitled to my opinion."

Fortunately, they represent a very small minority. But wasn't it just a year ago that there were vehement and indignant denials when I pointed out that firing coaches was being suggested?? It appears to me they've grown comfortable posting this drivel.

Is it possible that some posters have simply elected to enforce accountability before that "inch" of bashing coaches becomes a mile of something worse?

Also, in the vein of helping a Brother...I'm not sure why, but it is still obvious, at least to me, that you are challenged being objective in response to anything Plaino posts, regardless of the topic or tone. Never seen you have such a big splinter in your own eye. Hope these words are received as intended.

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
ST,

To the first question you posted above, the answer is yes. I've been wrong before and will be again. As to the second, the possibility serves no real purpose in my mind other than to be intentionally and unnecessarily obtuse.

Regarding the poster you referenced, I have never, to my knowledge, opposed his opinion on OU football. I appreciate his knowledge. Rather, my objection has always been and will continue to be when his expressions and demeanor run counter to his expressed faith. He knows better. Every time he posts - as with you and I - he puts his witness on the line.

The two main functions of the Church, as I've expressed before, is to spread the Good News and to disciple others. He defeats both when he belittles others no matter his reasoning.

There's a difference, and a really big one, between educating others and forcibly cramming your football views down one's throat with the accompanying ridicule. I can't potentially help him until he realizes what he is doing and the damage he may be causing others who might be desirous of pursuing biblical faith.

Opinions are opinions and should not be used to inflict abuse upon another. Life's too short and, in his case, his witness becomes tarnished. All who profess faith are often damaged by the insensitivities of others regarding matters of faith.

Why the need for "enforcers" on this forum who were not mods? People will often bend to a view of another if it is expressed favorably, is well supported, and is provided with clarity. But, when they don't bend, is that really such a tragedy?

I fully understand your intent and appreciate your willingness to provide it.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: Oklabama
No need for the cape & monocle fitty but you will have to bring enough for the three of us. (And bring some daylight donuts also...)
No, I'll drop by tomorrow morning...I'll bring your favorite...blueberry pancakes and bacon from IHOP.

Then, and only then you can present me with my Ovaltine Secret Decoder Ring...shall I wear the cape?
The monocle?

Oh good, you're a good sport as usual...so sweet...:rolleyes:

Deal! Bailey's or Kahlua? :p

Now that Tulsan is back to posting regularly, his amigos including Plaino, dfwsooner, and others seem empowered to return to their uncivil ways. A quick glance at the game thread and their use of moron, dumba**, and other insults are flying from the sanctuary of their keyboards again. When Tulsan's influence was on hiatus, this board - and the noted regulars - developed and maintained a measured degree of civility.

Tulsan can be a pretty good poster when he doesn't allow his ego to reduce this forum to ashes. It's interesting how he seemingly inspires "others" to hurl verbal garbage left and right. If I'm being unfair ST, you have my apology but, the noted others have returned to their unfortunate ways only since you came back. At the very least, the timing of their insults upon your return is very coincidental and they appear to be greatly tarnishing your renewed presence.

Looks like this board is headed back to its trashier days. Let the abuse begin from those who should know better. Or, will we now return to the "ignore" orgies of the past? Cliques, anyone? Either way, the promising civil and inviting recent past and now present seems endangered.

Let's see what the mods have in store for the bullies and the bullied.

Just my non-professional observation.

Boomer Sooner
Fortworth STFU and grow a pair... Quit crying like a little Biatch! Boomer baby and in Stoops I trust!!

Anyone that reports anything here to Josh is a vaginal wart...that's right.

An STD on the face of this board...
Go with God on that one...douches...:rolleyes:
I agree with this 100%. I can respect posters who use ignore on the other hand crying wolf to Josh would tell me who is a whiny sissy. I think that was bomb whining to Taylor.
We should have an poll for the golden turd award.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner

Click. Poof.

If a reporter hadn't brought it up after the game I wouldn't have known it. Bob even forgot which particular games it was that were lost back to back, a reporter had to mention them. Dang that was a long time ago...:cool:

I had heard last week, that it had never happened in Bob's tenure, but looked it up and saw that it did happen in '99. My guess was going to be during the Blake years, until I looked it up. I suspect it happened every year from 96 to 98. I know we lost the first four John's first year. Oh well. At least he brought back the traditional jerseys and helmets.

It was at the top of the game thread before it deteriorated after the game. I misreported that Johnson was the dime back. Actually, he was the nickel. They're not saying why. Speculation that there was an injury. Also that he had won the job. I guess he played really well. He seems to do pretty well when he's on the field. .

And Samia started and played pretty much the whole game, even when we substituted in the second team guys. And Alvarez played the whole game at left guard. The quite using any new combinations and played the starting five until they changed out to the two's. It was the best the OLine has played in a while. The continuity was really good. Two freshmen tackles and they more than held up their end of the bargain.

There is a caveat. KState's lineup was very depleted. They missed their one big chance in the first half to make a big play on the overthrow of the wide open receiver. They were missing a lot of guys on both sides and their depleted team just couldn't stack up. Not to rain on the parade, but there will be a couple of games like that, the rest of the year, most likely, and the rest will be dogfights. We better come to play every week, or it will look a lot like nine days ago all over again.

I do think that the staff has figured out who they can count on. Johnson looked solid and I thought more solid than any of the sophs who've been playing, except maybe Parker.

There were a couple of new wrinkles I saw yesterday, one on both sides of the ball. I liked the little take off on the zone read with a single back. He'd take a step toward zone read, to get a commitment from the backside end, and then run the quick pitch/toss away from the first step. Snyder's plans are so thorough, that something like that can screw with their keys. It seemed to work really well.

On the D side, it was more important. We've used delayed blitzes before. But we had a pretty good read on the timing of their scramble. It wasn't unlike what Texas did to us a week earlier. Instead of the typical delayed blitz, it used a spy, who's delay was timed later than usual. We'd have a three man rush, which cut passing lanes, but the linemen were playing run to take way the scramble. Then the blitzer would come about the time their quarterback took off. The timing was perfect. And we used a different guy. It wasn't the same spy every time.

That caused a different read each time and enough delay for the spy to get there. Mike had a great plan, and with a depleted Wildcat lineup, and the offense scoring on just about every possession, it changed their chances. They needed a lead or to keep it close so they could run it and maintain possession and play action. Once they got down three touchdowns, it was hopeless and just snowballed.

It won't be nearly so easy next week.

Saturday's win was nice but keeping it in perspective. Watched KSU's effort against OSU and TCU and wonder if they left those contests pretty well spent plus they just do not have the players on their roster that the Horns have. Sooners have 3 games coming up that should put them at 8-1 entering the @Baylor, TCU and @OSU games. Win the next 3 games and I like our chances against TCU and OSU.

Sooners best be prepared for Saturday's home game vs Taco Tech. Hope to be at the game with my grandson.

It was at the top of the game thread before it deteriorated after the game. I misreported that Johnson was the dime back. Actually, he was the nickel. They're not saying why. Speculation that there was an injury. Also that he had won the job. I guess he played really well. He seems to do pretty well when he's on the field. .

And Samia started and played pretty much the whole game, even when we substituted in the second team guys. And Alvarez played the whole game at left guard. The quite using any new combinations and played the starting five until they changed out to the two's. It was the best the OLine has played in a while. The continuity was really good. Two freshmen tackles and they more than held up their end of the bargain.

There is a caveat. KState's lineup was very depleted. They missed their one big chance in the first half to make a big play on the overthrow of the wide open receiver. They were missing a lot of guys on both sides and their depleted team just couldn't stack up. Not to rain on the parade, but there will be a couple of games like that, the rest of the year, most likely, and the rest will be dogfights. We better come to play every week, or it will look a lot like nine days ago all over again.

I do think that the staff has figured out who they can count on. Johnson looked solid and I thought more solid than any of the sophs who've been playing, except maybe Parker.

There were a couple of new wrinkles I saw yesterday, one on both sides of the ball. I liked the little take off on the zone read with a single back. He'd take a step toward zone read, to get a commitment from the backside end, and then run the quick pitch/toss away from the first step. Snyder's plans are so thorough, that something like that can screw with their keys. It seemed to work really well.

On the D side, it was more important. We've used delayed blitzes before. But we had a pretty good read on the timing of their scramble. It wasn't unlike what Texas did to us a week earlier. Instead of the typical delayed blitz, it used a spy, who's delay was timed later than usual. We'd have a three man rush, which cut passing lanes, but the linemen were playing run to take way the scramble. Then the blitzer would come about the time their quarterback took off. The timing was perfect. And we used a different guy. It wasn't the same spy every time.

That caused a different read each time and enough delay for the spy to get there. Mike had a great plan, and with a depleted Wildcat lineup, and the offense scoring on just about every possession, it changed their chances. They needed a lead or to keep it close so they could run it and maintain possession and play action. Once they got down three touchdowns, it was hopeless and just snowballed.

It won't be nearly so easy next week.

Agree 100% on the OLine. Not expecting that our OLine issues are "gone", but the changes were notable and the new guys played pretty well.

Based on what I've seen, replacing Byrd was not a surprise. Haven't watched the replay yet, but will look for what you're describing. Nice "wrinkle" and interesting that it may have been "borrowed" from Texas. Thought the LBs played very well and even noticed Alexander was more patient. Overall, thought the D played outstanding.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
KState didn't get to over 100 yards total offense until well into the second half.

Not sure how that's possible with such an incompetent DC.

Maybe it's because the players played a lot better.

Maybe the team wasn't depressed from the coaches force feeding them to watch footage of Texas beating them 100 times all week.

Mike looked like a genius in the KSU game. The defense put on a clinic!! But the week before against Texas he was awful. But even then, the defense held Texas enough to give the offense a chance to win. Not gonna win many games in the Big XII when you only score 17pts.

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
A shutout is always a good thing. However once kstate got down early its obvious they had to quickly get away from their offensive identity.

Reactions: BillyRay
I agree with you. They had to have play action to throw it effectively. Then they took out one of their best receivers, because they needed him to play quarterback. Too bad for them that he couldn't also play safety. Their dyke had way too many holes in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT