ADVERTISEMENT

What ever happened to Bryce Youngquist (LB from Cali)?

LawtonIke

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2014
I am just curious as to what has come of this young man. I have not seen any updates that he went anywhere else. I hope he has resolved the personal issues.

Reactions: iasooner1
I am just curious as to what has come of this young man. I have not seen any updates that he went anywhere else. I hope he has resolved the personal issues.

its-a-mystery-500x325.jpg

As nice as the 2017 class appears to be, it's also worth noting that some will not last long at OU for one reason or another.
Injuries, academics and bad behavior will always be apart of having male athletes playing at the D-1 level.....and of course, the NFL is a factor, too, for the really good players to not be around for their 4th year of eligibility.
27 is a good quantity, but history shows that less the 50% will become 3-4 year solid contributors.

Smoke Patterson. What a terrific handle.

Yeah, I think his name was Chris. 5 star linebacker that was faster than Usain Bolt, had a higher vertical than Spud Webb, and reportedly stronger than a Grizzly Bear..... but he never made it to campus.

To think the resurrection of our program once depended on signing Chip Ambres (who not only didn't sign but played baseball instead)

That dude was really fast....like he would probably have been one of the fastest QBs OU has had. He was a 4.4 guy or maybe 4.3. I can't remember exactly, but something like that. It would have been interesting to see how he would had fit into the Stoops' offense. But, as you posted, he committed to Texas or A&M before signing a baseball contract. I had forgotten about him.

That dude was really fast....like he would probably have been one of the fastest QBs OU has had. He was a 4.4 guy or maybe 4.3. I can't remember exactly, but something like that. It would have been interesting to see how he would had fit into the Stoops' offense. But, as you posted, he committed to Texas or A&M before signing a baseball contract. I had forgotten about him.
This guy was probably the fastest Sooner QB... I've heard it said that he could outrun anyone on the team at the time...

http://newsok.com/article/5441832

This guy was probably the fastest Sooner QB... I've heard it said that he could outrun anyone on the team at the time...

http://newsok.com/article/5441832

I would have never thought that about Paul Thompson, not saying it isn't so, just surprised. I thought Eric Mitchell would have been up there. Thompson always looked like he was thinking too much whenever he ran....to me.

I would have never thought that about Paul Thompson, not saying it isn't so, just surprised. I thought Eric Mitchell would have been up there. Thompson always looked like he was thinking too much whenever he ran....to me.

Eric Mitchell is who first came to mind for me, as well. And I'd bet that Charles Thompson would also be right up there.

Another that flew under the radar was Rod Pegues 1979-1982. Hardly played much with J.C. Watts and Darrell Shepard around, but Pegues would have started at many other schools.
All Pegues saw at OU was late game mop up duty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT