ADVERTISEMENT

well

BCS if someone has a different opinion than yours you resort to that crap? Smh.

Check the stone casting, Berry. You post rarely but I have you pegged in my head as the dude with a target on Plaino's back. You haven't exactly exuded class in your post history.

CT has been here for a little bit. I doubt his feelings are hurt, and he'll keep posting good stuff going forward. He's not the type to whine and worry.

I think someone is forgetting there are still rules on this board. I'm pretty sure cursing at others is a no no........I'd be careful

I saw a blown double dribble no call.

We are trying to get into that next level with Bama, Clemson, and even Ohio state this year. I can't see any of those teams letting Kansas drive 98 yards for a touchdown. After watching these first 5 games, I think our D is a little better than last year. However, don't think we are on that next level yet and Im not sure our offense is as good as it was the last 2 years either. Not saying we can't still make it happen, but its gonna be tough. Can't wait for next week

giphy.gif

And you accuse others of whining? See the irony?

You need to look at the definition of whining and irony. Words have meanings.

Meanwhile, you still started a thread to cry about the defense after a single series in the 1st quarter.

Haha. I do feel it was a nice win by OU legitimately. Les Miles is a joke but not as a CF coach. I figured he'd come with something, and then the delay scared the bejeezus out of me. The fact that our team rallied after 7-0 and Kansas didn't score again until junk time was huge in my mind. We're showing some stones.

Haha. I do feel it was a nice win by OU legitimately. Les Miles is a joke but not as a CF coach. I figured he'd come with something, and then the delay scared the bejeezus out of me. The fact that our team rallied after 7-0 and Kansas didn't score again until junk time was huge in my mind. We're showing some stones.

Yep, Miles had them ready to play as best he could. Probably nobody he wanted to beat on the schedule more than OU.
Lots to work on this week but there always is in Football no matter which week it is.

We are trying to get into that next level with Bama, Clemson, and even Ohio state this year. I can't see any of those teams letting Kansas drive 98 yards for a touchdown. After watching these first 5 games, I think our D is a little better than last year. However, don't think we are on that next level yet and Im not sure our offense is as good as it was the last 2 years either. Not saying we can't still make it happen, but its gonna be tough. Can't wait for next week
All of the teams you’ve mentioned have given up TDs. I’m not sure that expecting a defense to match the likes of Clemson & Bama in one year is achievable... and even healthy thinking they can. This is a process... a relay. Not a sprint. Grinch hasn’t worn Crimson for even a year.

You need to look at the definition of whining and irony. Words have meanings.

Meanwhile, you still started a thread to cry about the defense after a single series in the 1st quarter.

I think you might want to check your dictionary. The only time you post on here is to go after others and call them "retarded". What type of grown man talks like that? Pretty funny. Now move on

All of the teams you’ve mentioned have given up TDs. I’m not sure that expecting a defense to match the likes of Clemson & Bama in one year is achievable... and even healthy thinking they can. This is a process... a relay. Not a sprint. Grinch hasn’t worn Crimson for even a year.

Exactly so lets stop acting like the D is heads and tails better than they were last year without even playing a quality opponent yet. You want me to concede that they are a little better this year than last year? Sure.....I'll give you that. Big deal.....they still have issues.

Reactions: CTOkie
While I understand the cautious attitudes and the, we've played no one excuse, there is no doubt in my mind that this is a much improved defense. Not just better but markedly better. I don't see anything resembling what Mike had put on the field for almost a decade.

Exactly so lets stop acting like the D is heads and tails better than they were last year without even playing a quality opponent yet. You want me to concede that they are a little better this year than last year? Sure.....I'll give you that. Big deal.....they still have issues.

Dude... you need to chill. You go back and find me a post where I have stated that this defense is quote/unquote heads & tails better than they were last year. Or anything close to it. And to be honest, I really don’t give a flying sh@t what you concede. Never have and never will. You’re a troll. Always have been.

Dude... you need to chill. You go back and find me a post where I have stated that this defense is quote/unquote heads & tails better than they were last year. Or anything close to it. And to be honest, I really don’t give a flying sh@t what you concede. Never have and never will. You’re a troll. Always have been.

Well you sure seem to be infatuated with my posts. If you don't care then why get your panties in a wad about me questioning our D? I realize I'm getting under your skin so Ill move on.

The fact of the matter is that KS scored seven points while the game legitimately hung in the balance.

Way, way different compared to last year.

We're much better on D, and Grinch is starting to look like the savior we've been looking for. But, it's going to take him a couple of years to rebuild our defense.

I know it sucks to concede 13 in garbage time, but we have to be content that we're making progress.

Riley + Grinch = Number 8 in the not too distant future. I feel pretty good about saying that.

The fact of the matter is that KS scored seven points while the game legitimately hung in the balance.

Way, way different compared to last year.

We're much better on D, and Grinch is starting to look like the savior we've been looking for. But, it's going to take him a couple of years to rebuild our defense.

I know it sucks to concede 13 in garbage time, but we have to be content that we're making progress.

Riley + Grinch = Number 8 in the not too distant future. I feel pretty good about saying that.

I agree its going to take a couple more years to have a legit D. I just hope Riley stays around to see it!

Reactions: JConXtsy
What matters nowadays, within the parity that's college football, is winning anyway possible.
As Senior Sooner said on another thread...."Ugly win or not, we'll take it".
This year's defense, even if marginally better than last season, could go a long way in determining OU's success this year. We might know more by Saturday afternoon.

If you can't see the difference Grinch has made, which is significant, you don't know the sport.

Well I realize I never coached little league but I've been watching and playing football longer than you have been alive. If you want to believe we are significantly better on D then thats fine. I'm totally fine with someone having a different opinion.....I just happen to disagree. I believe we are a little better and hopefully next year we will inch up a little more. You aren't going to make a significant difference in one season with a lot of the same guys. Its a process

What matters nowadays, within the parity that's college football, is winning anyway possible.
As Senior Sooner said on another thread...."Ugly win or not, we'll take it".
This year's defense, even if marginally better than last season, could go a long way in determining OU's success this year. We might know more by Saturday afternoon.

I agree....TX will be the first real opponent this year. I predict a dog fight and its going to be interesting to see how we react when faced with adversity. I just want us to play good for a change

Well you sure seem to be infatuated with my posts. If you don't care then why get your panties in a wad about me questioning our D? I realize I'm getting under your skin so Ill move on.

Why? Because I despise liars and people that make false accusations against others and you fit that bill.

I noticed that when I called you out, you can’t provide any context and/or posts to support your BS claims. ‘I’ll move on’ is about the best thing you’ve posted

Well I realize I never coached little league but I've been watching and playing football longer than you have been alive. If you want to believe we are significantly better on D then thats fine. I'm totally fine with someone having a different opinion.....I just happen to disagree. I believe we are a little better and hopefully next year we will inch up a little more. You aren't going to make a significant difference in one season with a lot of the same guys. Its a process

It's not an opinion. It is just the reality of it. The defense is significantly better. Those of you balling your eyes out everytime they give up a score seem to have short memories about just how bad it had gotten. Nobody is saying we're at Clemson's level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT