ADVERTISEMENT

Trump today had an open meeting about how to stop school violence.What is your solution?

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

Check to see how far down "Murder by Gun" is. And then murders from "assault weapons" are only a tiny fraction of THAT number. But hey, as long as the media and politicians make you believe this is some sort of national emergency, then by all means keep eating that bowl of drool they keep serving you.

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

Check to see how far down "Murder by Gun" is. And then murders from "assault weapons" are only a tiny fraction of THAT number. But hey, as long as the media and politicians make you believe this is some sort of national emergency, then by all means keep eating that bowl of drool they keep serving you.
The media and politicians also facilitate/inspire mass shootings.

There were families who lost children to violence and school principals and teachers and kids who were present when violence and murders happened.

What is your recommendations and solutions to stop violence and murder in schools?

Allow the CDC to study gun violence, allow the ATF to track sales of guns, create FBI task force specifically to curtail mass shootings. I used to have a few friends in the OSBI and one told me that once 9/11 happened everything was counter-terrorism and they were pulled off their specialties. I would create a dedicated department for this and have them work closely with the ATF. Make private sales illegal since there are already 3 million or so AR-15's out there. More extensive background checks of course.

But the thing about banning types of guns is that you have to legally define what you want to ban. Once you do that it's pretty easy for the manufacturer to get around those definitions. So banning things won't work. We need regulation, better vetting and tracking of sales.

As far as arming teachers...that has to be the single dumbest idea I've ever heard. They can't fund schools here in Oklahoma enough to even have a 5 day school week and now they're supposed to fund training teachers, who by the way many people treat as surrogate parents expecting them practically raise their children, and now they're supposed to train to potentially engage in a fire fight??? My mom was a teacher, I have teacher friends and have spoken to a few about this. They've all said they will find another line of work if they are asked to do this (yes I know it's anecdotal evidence). But I have not heard of a single teacher that is enthusiastic about this idea.

As far as arming teachers...that has to be the single dumbest idea I've ever heard. They can't fund schools here in Oklahoma enough to even have a 5 day school week and now they're supposed to fund training teachers, who by the way many people treat as surrogate parents expecting them practically raise their children, and now they're supposed to train to potentially engage in a fire fight??? My mom was a teacher, I have teacher friends and have spoken to a few about this. They've all said they will find another line of work if they are asked to do this (yes I know it's anecdotal evidence). But I have not heard of a single teacher that is enthusiastic about this idea.
So it's the dumbest idea you've ever heard to allow teachers the option to carry firearms. Let's keep schools gun free zones anf just hoping for the best. I guess we just need to keep on telling school staff to just hope and pray the gunman gives up before they are killed. Lord knows it's unlikely law enforcement will be responding in time to make a difference.....

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I'm sure there are a lot of teachers at least in Nebraska that have conceal carry permits already. I'm a teacher and I would have no problem going through the training and helping keep my students safe.

We have a Priest that teaches Theology in our school that has a conceal carry permit. Obviously he doesn't carry on school grounds.

Let's make it illegal to text and drive...oh wait!!! LOL

Since that didn't work, let's just ban smartphones!!! LOL

The entire outrage against "assault weapons" is curious to me. The numbers of people killed yearly by these specific weapons are minuscule compared to other things that kill in this country. Yet if you go by watching the media, you would think mass shootings is the most dire emergency this nation has ever faced. Mass shootings with "assault weapons" kill hundreds a year. Many other things kill thousands, tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands a year. It has to be the most ass backwards response to something in the history of this country.

Your argument is lame. Mass killers almost 100% use assault weapons. Yes I think Texting while driving is illegal.
And yes WE HAVE TOO MANY GUNS OF ALL KINDS IN AMERICA,

We are in America 4% of the population worldwide and WE HAVE 50% of the world's guns.

Australia banned them after a mass killing in the late 1990s AND THEY HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE MASS KILLING SINCE BECAUSE ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE BANNED...It works!.

TRUMP IN HIS ONE YEAR OF BEING PRESIDENT HAS ALREADY SEEN THREE MASS KILLINGS ALL WITH ASSAULT RIFLES. In two of the three young people were involved, a school and a country western concert in Las Vegas where 59 died.

Billy nobody is going to take away your guns including your assault rifle. We have a 2nd amendment.

The discussion is how to protect kids at school. from these mass killings......Join us.

Last edited:
Your argument is lame. Mass killers almost 100% use assault weapons.

We are in America 4% of the population worldwide and WE HAVE 50% of the guns.

Australia banned them after a mass killing in the late 1990s AND THEY HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE MASS KILLING SINCE BECAUSE ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE BANNED.

TRUMP IN HIS ONE YEAR OF BEING PRESIDENT HAS ALREADY HAD THREE MASS KILLINGS ALL WITH ASSAULT RIFLES.

Billy nobody is going to take away your guns. We have a 2nd amendment.

The discussion is how to protect kids at school. from these mass killings......Join us.
You think it's lame because you are absolutely blinded by the agenda forced down your throat by the media. Let's be honest, if people actually cared about saving lives, assault weapons would be FAR down the list on things they would be looking to change. The numbers don't even compare. It's not even remotely close. Mass shootings simply generate an emotional response in the media (and ratings) better than 10x the number being killed by other weapons in a slower and steadier pace.

Go check the numbers for yourself Bull. Type some of your CAPS SPAM in Google and actually look up the numbers for yourself. The numbers killed by assault weapons are in the hundreds per year. See how that pales in comparison to things killing in the hundreds of thousands per year. THEN get back with me and convince me you are actually interested in saving peoples lives in this country, rather than pushing CNN's and the medias talking points.

The media and politicians also facilitate/inspire mass shootings.

That's ridiculous Unless you are talking about the killers looking for publicity..

The lady spokesperson of the NRA at CPAC meeting yesterday said the "Media loves mass murders especially schools and they love to see mothers crying"

She needs to rot in hell.

That's ridiculous Unless you are talking about the killers looking for publicity..

The lady spokesperson of the NRA at CPAC meeting yesterday said the "Media loves mass murders especially schools and they love to see mothers crying"

She needs to rot in hell.
You prolly need to listen to her entire speech on that matter. Rather than just watching the snippet you clearly only watched on CNN. Cuz to tell you the truth, her overall comment was RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!

You think it's lame because you are absolutely blinded by the agenda forced down your throat by the media. Let's be honest, if people actually cared about saving lives, assault weapons would be FAR down the list on things they would be looking to change. The numbers don't even compare. It's not even remotely close. Mass shootings simply generate an emotional response in the media (and ratings) better than 10x the number being killed by other weapons in a slower and steadier pace.

Go check the numbers for yourself Bull. Type some of your CAPS SPAM in Google and actually look up the numbers for yourself. The numbers killed by assault weapons are in the hundreds per year. See how that pales in comparison to things killing in the hundreds of thousands per year. THEN get back with me and convince me you are actually interested in saving peoples lives in this country, rather than pushing CNN's and the medias talking points.

Billy how many mass murders, killing many in public places at one time, have been done with non- automatic handguns, one bullet at a time? They are done with assault rifles with large capacity magazines that work like machine guns and they should be banned like they are in many countries in the world like Australia and Japan who have no mass murders. in many years

Yes kids have gone into schools with handguns and killed one or two other students and most kill themselves but the mass murderer has always used assault rifles.

Last edited:
You prolly need to listen to her entire speech on that matter. Rather than just watching the snippet you clearly only watched on CNN. Cuz to tell you the truth, her overall comment was RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!

I will link a video of her speech

HER OVERALL COMMENTS WERE ABOUT THE GUNS THAT SHE AND THE NRA LOVES WHETHER IT IS AT SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, COLLEGES, CITIES LIKE CHICAGO AND COUNTRY WESTERN CONCERTS.

The NRA prevents ANY GUN LAWS TO BE CHANGED AND BRIBES POLITICANS WITH THEIR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS SO THEY WON'T VOTE TO CHANGE GUN LAWS

Here is her video yesterday talking about the recent school murders and Chicago with many murders annually by guns. SHE LOVES HER GUNS. Come on bitch lets have strict background checks and maybe 5 day holding periods and raise gun purchases up to age 21 not 18. ALL CHANGES WHICH THE NRA DOES NOT WANT TO HAPPEN.

THE NRA FIGHTS GUN CHANGES HAPPENING BECAUSE THEY LOVE GUNS AND BLOOD

Today many large companies in America said the are dropping all ties to NRA.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/politics/dana-loesch-cpac-media/index.html

Last edited:
Billy how many mass murders, killing many in public places at one time, have been done with non- automatic handguns, one bullet at a time? They are done with assault rifles with large capacity magazines that work like machine guns and they should be banned like they are in many countries in the world like Australia and Japan who have no mass murders. in many years

Yes kids have gone into schools with handguns and killed one or two other students and most kill themselves but the mass murderer has always used assault rifles.
Once again it goes right over your head.

In the end, you really have no interest in people's lives. You really just want certain guns banned. Because those situations you describe about killing in public places one bullet at a time kills FAR MORE people overall each year than the mass shootings with AR's you are crying about. But hey, don't let numbers of human dead get in the way of your hatred of certain guns.

Once again it goes right over your head.

In the end, you really have no interest in people's lives. You really just want certain guns banned. Because those situations you describe about killing in public places one bullet at a time kills FAR MORE people overall each year than the mass shootings with AR's you are crying about. But hey, don't let numbers of human dead get in the way of your hatred of certain guns.

No Billy I BELIEVE IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
I ALSO BELIEVE THE NRA PREVENTS SENSIBLE GUN LAWS. THIS IS FACT BILLY
SENSIBLE GUN LAWS PREVENT DEATHS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
No Billy I BELIEVE IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
I ALSO BELIEVE THE NRA PREVENTS SENSIBLE GUN LAWS. THIS IS FACT BILLY
SENSIBLE GUN LAWS PREVENT DEATHS.
There's that catchphrase..."sensible" gun laws. People like to throw that out there as if there are these simply ideas just floating around that would just magically solve everything cuz they are just so sensible and easy fixes to our problems.

The REALITY, is there are no easy fixes to this. Not sure if you realize that or not. I know CNN and MSNBC likes to throw around that little nugget of "sensible gun laws" to brainwash people. Come to find out, there were four deputies outside the school last week. Even that failed cuz they failed to do anything to stop it. So just admit that "sensible" is nothing more than a little nugget word the Dems like to throw around as if they have all the easy fixes that can solve this. They don't.

I think I speak for most on here, that we wish you believed in turning off your CAPS LOCK as much as you claim to believe in the 2nd Amendment.

There's that catchphrase..."sensible" gun laws. People like to throw that out there as if there are these simply ideas just floating around that would just magically solve everything cuz they are just so sensible and easy fixes to our problems.

The REALITY, is there are no easy fixes to this. Not sure if you realize that or not. I know CNN and MSNBC likes to throw around that little nugget of "sensible gun laws" to brainwash people. Come to find out, there were four deputies outside the school last week. Even that failed cuz they failed to do anything to stop it. So just admit that "sensible" is nothing more than a little nugget word the Dems like to throw around as if they have all the easy fixes that can solve this. They don't.

I think I speak for most on here, that we wish you believed in turning off your CAPS LOCK as much as you claim to believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Billy, recently I went into an Academy Sporting Goods store to buy some golf balls I then went over to the gun department and I asked the salesman to show me the Semi-Automatic Rifles,
When I asked he said I could walk out of the store today if I bought it.

Billy, This is ridiculous to make a purchase like this so easy

Reactions: Schoonerman
Billy, recently I went into an Academy Sporting Goods store to buy some golf balls I then went over to the gun department and I asked the salesman to show me the Semi-Automatic Rifles,
When I asked he said I could walk out of the store today if I bought it.

Billy, This is ridiculous to make a purchase like this so easy
The thing about background checks as they stand now, the process has been computerized and streamlined to the point you can go home with a gun you purchase the same day. But it's irrelevant since many shooters in the past, a more thorough background check wouldn't have prevented them from buying guns anyways. So your point is invalid.

The thing about background checks as they stand now, the process has been computerized and streamlined to the point you can go home with a gun you purchase the same day. But it's irrelevant since many shooters in the past, a more thorough background check wouldn't have prevented them from buying guns anyways. So your point is invalid.

Billy my point is extremely valid I and EVERYBODY ELSE including an 18 year old with a police record, mental problems & a history of violence could walk out with a semi-automatic rifle in the same day we bought it.

The NRA is against a waiting period and an enhanced background check that shows everything. . Combine a enhanced background check with a waiting period this will help..

Billy my point is extremely valid I and EVERYBODY ELSE including an 18 year old with a police record, mental problems & a history of violence could walk out with a semi-automatic rifle in the same day we bought it.

The NRA is against a waiting period and an enhanced background check that shows everything. . Combine a enhanced background check with a waiting period this will help..
Heh, this is really happening. :D

Bull... MY point is there have been numerous shootings in the past where no amount of background scrutiny would have come up with anything. So it's completely dependent on whether there is even anything in the system to find. So the guy in Florida, did the background just fail, or was there simply nothing in the record to flag?? THAT is why your point is invalid since even this "sensible" gun law is fallible. It failed this time, and most likely will fail again in the future. The word "sensible" makes it sounds so foolproof and easy. Once again...it's not.

Why did Trump have to ask Wayne LaPierre of the NRA what he would approve and not approve for a solution to school violence?

Is Trump LaPierre's Bitch?
You should ask the Donald. I wrote in Austin Petersen on my ballot for POTUS. Why? Because it was my ballot to vote for who I wanted.

Does it make you a bitch whether you approve of my vote or not?

Your argument is lame. Mass killers almost 100% use assault weapons. Yes I think Texting while driving is illegal.

We are in America 4% of the population worldwide and WE HAVE 50% of the world's guns.

Australia banned them after a mass killing in the late 1990s AND THEY HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE MASS KILLING SINCE BECAUSE ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE BANNED...It works!.

TRUMP IN HIS ONE YEAR OF BEING PRESIDENT HAS ALREADY SEEN THREE MASS KILLINGS ALL WITH ASSAULT RIFLES. In two of the three young people were involved, a school and a country western concert in Las Vegas where 59 died.

Billy nobody is going to take away your guns including your assault rifle. We have a 2nd amendment.

There is no such thing as an "assault rifle." There are rifles, period. There are handguns. There are knives. I will use none of them to assault you. I will kill you with any one of them in self defense.

Bull... MY point is there have been numerous shootings in the past where no amount of background scrutiny would have come up with anything. So it's completely dependent on whether there is even anything in the system to find. So the guy in Florida, did the background just fail, or was there simply nothing in the record to flag?? THAT is why your point is invalid since even this "sensible" gun law is fallible. It failed this time, and most likely will fail again in the future. The word "sensible" makes it sounds so foolproof and easy. Once again...it's not.
Dude, why waste time posting your thoughts when the response you already know you're going to get is from a human See and Say, CNN version...

But I do appreciate reading your thoughts.
Thx Medic. I will say this I do see another assault weapons ban in the future. I think at this point it will eventually happen. Things will align at some point it will happen. Will I agree with it? Absolutely not. When you look at the numbers of things that kill in this country, it's a massive overreaction. It's an overreaction because these singular events give the impression it's killing far more people yearly than it actually is.

So I'm gonna get the last pieces of my arsenal I really want to secure them before the eventual hammer comes down. Cuz the next one I don't think they will allow any clause or something to where it can expire years in the future like last time. The next one will be permanent.

I have lots of ideas about how to fix this problem as well as many problems of our children and schools.

My children attended TC Williams High School in Alexandria, Virginia. This was in the early 1990s. If you remember the movie "Remember the Titans" the Titans" were the TC Williams High School football team. This school was for grades Sophomore, Juniors and Seniors. There were over 4,000 kids in this school About 50% were African Americans, 25% were white and the remaining 25% spoke some 50 different languages. It was a melting pot school

In 1991, to enter the school you went through metal detectors. No way to get in without passing a metal detector. That was a good start. My guess is today we have many schools without open entrances where anyone can enter the school.

This would be a good start. I'm all for highly trained law enforcement in our schools. It is sad that it has come to this, but it is clear that we need to harden our schools.

I'm all for teachers and other school support personnel to go through weapons training and be allowed to carry in their schools. The caveat is that the training must be Cleet or better. I have a carry conceal permit and the required training simply isn't sufficient for school protection and safety.

However, this issue is way more complex then just trained law enforcement and weapons training for teachers. This gun issue in schools is very difficult.

I firmly believe that the following are contributors to the situation we currently find our selves.

First, is parents. We have parents who have zero discipline at home. We have parents who don't read to their kids. We have parents who don't feed their children a breakfast before they go to school. We have parents who aren't home when their kids get home from school.

We flat out have many parents who don't give a damn about their kids or their education.

We don't have any discipline in our schools. We allow the thugs to disrupt our classrooms. Schools are no longer all about educating our children. They are babysitters and on and on. We have drugs in our schools and children bringing in weapons into our schools on a daily basis. I have a friend who is a principal at a middle school in West Oklahoma City. She spends every day dealing with kids fighting, their parents [when she can find them] and the police. We pay her $40,000/year to mediate troubled children who create havoc in her school.

We simply don't have the will to fix these problems.

We have people in authority who can't do their jobs. Just like the Sheriff in Florida on this recent school killing. He blamed the FBI, he blamed the NRA, he blamed everyone, but his own Sheriff's office. Now, we learn that he had at least three deputies at that school who were outside the school and failed to enter the school and kill the killer. We learned his officers at visited this kid over 30 times and did absolutely nothing.

We have people who blame gun owners and the NRA for all of this. They want more and stronger background checks. They don't know that it was the NRA that was responsible for the background checks we currently have. The NRA wrote a strong background check law, but the US Congress cut the guts out of it.

In Chicago we have killings that could easily be stopped if the Chicago leadership had the guts to take the guns away from the felons who have illegal guns, but they won't do it.

The reality is we have plenty of laws, but they aren't enforced. We have these sanctuary cities who are simply protecting illegals and illegal criminals.

How can we have law and order in our country when we have cities how refuse to enforce our existing laws?

We want to get the folks with mental issues to not be able to purchase guns. But, we have laws on the books -- HIPRA laws that prohibit medical professionals from sharing information. How smart is that.

On the flip side, we allow the medical community to do all of this and then we have the left wing who will just use it for their own political agenda.

We have the first and second amendment that are the bedrock of our constitution. We allow individuals to use their ideology to harm others and we doom ourselves.

I'm 76 years old. I have owned guns since I was seven years old. I have never known a person who used a gun to kill another person. I only know of one gun accident that resulted in a death. I know hundreds of people who own guns who are solid citizens. A room full of people with carry conceal permits is the safest place to be.

My point is that this issue is very complicated issue and there is no simple solution to it.

As a lifetime NRA member, I am for keeping guns out of the hands of felons. I am for finding ways to ensure that every person who fills out the back ground check required to purchase a weapon is in our background system. I am for finding ways to ensure that mentally unstable people aren't ever in control of a gun. I am for banning such things as the Bump Stock that has gotten so much attention since the Nevada episode.

I am for eliminating these horrible video games so many of our children are addicted. No one will ever convince me that a 10 year old kid sitting behind a screen playing some of these violent game where he is taking out humans and animals. Months and years this has to desensitize these kids to killing.

What is the gain from these kinds of games?

What about these violent movies and series that are all over Netflix, Amazon and on and on. Yet this filth is available to every child who is home alone without any parental supervision.

I'm tired of actors like Samuel Jackson telling us what to do. Anyone watch Pulp Fiction? Who in the hell thinks that Samuel Jackson is someone to lecture me on guns? What a hypocrite. And, he isn't the only one.

Hollywood is just a cesspool of filth. I'm really tired of one of these Hollywood types who die of drug overdose who are held up as great people we should admire.

And, then we have a recent President who turned a couple of thousands gun toting drug dealing felons out of federal prisons.

We have a recent President and Attorney General who gave Mexican Drug Cartels hundreds of guns, resulting in Border Control Agents to be murdered by those guns. Fast and Furious was an attempt to have guns killing innocents for the purpose of their Gun Control Agenda.

Fixing this issue isn't going to be easy.

1. Making policy on the basis of emotion after a crisis is never a good way to make policy. There are many factors besides gun ownership rate that lead to violent crimes in this country. Comparing gun crimes with only countries that are in a similar economic situation, but ignoring the vast differences between the US and these countries is lazy. As is only considering gun crimes and not other violent crimes.

2. If people are going to have this discussion, they need to educate themselves. Saying “ban assault weapons” and “ban semi-automatic weapons” is also lazy. If you can’t properly define either, probably don’t argue a position regarding them.

3. It is not legal for citizens to purchase assault rifles. These are for military and law enforcement only. You can only purchase assault rifles that were made prior to 1986 and are registered with the atf. Not many of those around, and they are not cheap.

4. Commercially available Armalite Rifles (AR’s) aren’t really much different than semi-automatic hunting rifles. They simply look different. They mostly chambered in the same way hunting rifles are, and fire a single round with a single squeeze of the trigger (semi-automatic). Almost all pistols are semi-automatic.

1. Making policy on the basis of emotion after a crisis is never a good way to make policy. There are many factors besides gun ownership rate that lead to violent crimes in this country. Comparing gun crimes with only countries that are in a similar economic situation, but ignoring the vast differences between the US and these countries is lazy. As is only considering gun crimes and not other violent crimes.

2. If people are going to have this discussion, they need to educate themselves. Saying “ban assault weapons” and “ban semi-automatic weapons” is also lazy. If you can’t properly define either, probably don’t argue a position regarding them.

3. It is not legal for citizens to purchase assault rifles. These are for military and law enforcement only. You can only purchase assault rifles that were made prior to 1986 and are registered with the atf. Not many of those around, and they are not cheap.

4. Commercially available Armalite Rifles (AR’s) aren’t really much different than semi-automatic hunting rifles. They simply look different. They mostly chambered in the same way hunting rifles are, and fire a single round with a single squeeze of the trigger (semi-automatic). Almost all pistols are semi-automatic.
You must stop doing this posting of facts stuff IMMEDIATELY!!! The CAPS extends terrific hyperbole into HOW IMMEDIATELY THIS MUST STOP!!!

If it shoots bullets, it can be an "assault" weapon. If it shoots arrows, it can be an assault weapon. Hammers can be assault weapons. Knives can be assault weapons. I've seen the results of a pile of bricks being used as an assault weapon. Pumpkins, dog leashes, curling irons, coat hangers... If you can use it to assault someone, it's an assault weapon. If we're going to ban "assault" weapons, we're gonna have to rethink society.

Almost forgot that canned foods and squirt bottle condiments can be used as assault weapons. I've seen both in person.

I am not sure that there is a solution.

There are crazy people out there that are going to attempt these things. Once they see others do it, they will try also.

Arming teachers? well, if you're gonna do that then they the armed teacher should get more pay for being willing to risk their life.

Many Americans have always owned guns and no matter what, some have used them to kill others.
But with what's happened in the last 25 years is much more about our society's decline in the breakdown of the nuclear family which has spawned children's fascination with violence in movies, children being over-medicated with drugs (which they may not need) and the decline in common everyday civility.
I don't believe there is a shut-down cure for gun violence.

Last edited:
Our National 'innocence' ended in Nov 1963 in Dallas if not earlier and is not returning, ever
I have always believed that regardless of one’s feelings about JFK, it’s undeniable that this country has never been the same since his assasination. An American president killed in broad daylight and no one knows who was responsible for killing him 55 years later. We went from a populist government to a cloak and dagger government in one day.

My wife has been both a elementary teacher and principal for 40+ years. She has a carry permit. She says if an intruder enters a school with any gun, your life as well as the students could be near its end. She wants a fighting chance and an opportunity to defend her students. If your child is standing there in the hall beside her and the intruder's gun is aimed at him or her, do you want her to shoot him or should she run back to the office to call 911? Put on your big boy britches libs and learn to defend yourselves. Depend on yourself rather than than cowards like Barney Fife in Broward Co. I believe teachers will react as they are already in the fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT