ADVERTISEMENT

Time to make those Pigskin Prognostications OU vs UCF

Should've been a great motivation but the team rested on the RRS. OU has been a good team all season, not great but a good solid Top10 team. I can see us dropping a game, maybe 2.

Kicker sucks
Oline, great Tackles but lousy interior. Green is young and might be great but OU needs some maulers on the interior and right now, we do not have any.
QB, Trevor Knight 2.0, shows flashes but average most of the time.
DB's young but very talented
LB's very solid
Dline, solid to average but lot's a depth,
RB's, our 2 top rb's have been hampered all season, doesn't matter if the Oline doesn't give them anything.

A win is a win but these guys need a gut check, at home against a conference bottom dweller and almost lose. Not a great team.

For a good time, go see how bad it is on the Hawkeyes board after losing to 3-3 Minnesota, ar home 12-10. 4 FGs by Minny did the trick plus some really goofy calls. IA only rushed for 12 yards for the day I believe I heard

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Yea and the refs gave Htn a bad spot that should have been a first and goal. Didnt make it on 4th and 1 so Texas wins.

Wonder if Horn fans will thank the zebras after bitching the last 2 weeks how they got screwed by refs vs OU.

Thats because they suck.

F9AMXsFWgAAk6_y

Should've been a great motivation but the team rested on the RRS. OU has been a good team all season, not great but a good solid Top10 team. I can see us dropping a game, maybe 2.

Kicker sucks
Oline, great Tackles but lousy interior. Green is young and might be great but OU needs some maulers on the interior and right now, we do not have any.
QB, Trevor Knight 2.0, shows flashes but average most of the time.
DB's young but very talented
LB's very solid
Dline, solid to average but lot's a depth,
RB's, our 2 top rb's have been hampered all season, doesn't matter if the Oline doesn't give them anything.

A win is a win but these guys need a gut check, at home against a conference bottom dweller and almost lose. Not a great team.

You should be thankful for Gabriel.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Todays game was a game that I feared would happen especially after defeating the Whorns. A lot of fans were getting ahead of their skis just because we beat texass. This is a pretty good team but nowhere near a great team and quite possibly not a Conference Championship calliber team at all let alone a playoff team. Fans started talking Heisman for Gabriel, Big 12 title and playoffs as were some players.

UCF had nothing to lose today and it showed, we looked like we were going thru the motions and playing not to lose instead of playing to win.
Can this team get better? Yes they can but I think today showed them that they have to bring it every game not just one game as in the RRR.
Every single team remaining is gonna come after us hard. Will the Sooners have that same fight and physicality they showed vs texass or will they sleepwalk thru a game or 2? We will see. Just keep winning and the rest of those things (Rat Poison) that became a distraction the last couple of weeks will work itself out.
As usual just my 2 pennies worth.

Last edited:
He's serviceable but nothing special. He doesn't make the Top 10 OU QB's this century. if he plays better, he might get to #10.

His game winning drive was actually legendary and he's been an integral part of a massive transition. You don't get football. Yes we've had way more talented QBs lately but what they accomplish is bigger.

Sit down.

I see this team being more focused on the road. Today was sloppy and Plumlee returning was a boost for UCF.

I fully expect a bounce back and beating Kansas handily.
They also got one of their top two DT's, and he made a difference inside. I listened to Malzahn's post game, and he said he had a different team today. I think part of it was having their quarterback return. He's their top leader and he made some plays. With him healthy and playing a whole game, this was their first loss. If he plays twelve games, they go 9-3, 8-4.

There were a lot of really good teams that had a bad day. Houston got screwed on a third down spot at the 14, or they had a chance to tie Texas in three minutes left.

Arizona State is leading Washington 7-6 with nine minutes left, and is in the red zone.

North Carolina was undefeated and lost at home to one win Virginia.

Oregon won easily, but WSU hung around for a while at Oregon.

AND of course, Caleb and Brisket boy got their second October loss, also at home. I wouldn't want to play Utah, ever though their offense ain't great.

UDub just had a 91 yard pick six to take the lead, but failed on the two pointer. Lead now 12-7. Arizona State's FG kicker is so much worse than OUrs that they are turning down 25 yard field goals, because they don't think they can make one. ASU's qb is dreadful.

Wash escaped 15-7 vs a 1-5 team. Wash won despite not scoring an offensive td, 1st time that has happened since 2001.
I still don't see a team that has separated itself from the others as of yet. Everyone in the top 10 looks beatable to me.
Sooners need to get back to work and fix a lot of things and hopefully they can work out all the issues. Probably need to get some pepto bismol for the remaining games, gonna be some more dogfights like the past 2 games I imagine.

I think the reality is that the portal makes everybody dangerous. . . . And vulnerable. The margin of difference between teams is narrower.

And I still have one concern about BV. I.E. too physical practices that wear down his team. I fear we'll get our butts kicked next week. It will be a major test in Lawrence.

I think the reality is that the portal makes everybody dangerous. . . . And vulnerable. The margin of difference between teams is narrower.

And I still have one concern about BV. I.E. too physical practices that wear down his team. I fear we'll get our butts kicked next week. It will be a major test in Lawrence.
KU will not be an easy out that is for sure. I finally got a chance to watch the game late last night and the Sooners won so to me a win is a win. Sometimes they just come in ugly ways.

Does OU run the table? I doubt it but seeing a defense make a difference is so refreshing. They made some mistakes yesterday but came up big when needed and that is something we never seen with Riley at the helm much.

Right now I would say KU and OSU are two hurdles in the run to perfection and that trip to Provo is another roadblock.

Things are on the climb under BV and at least our Sooners aren’t Arkansas or currently USC

His game winning drive was actually legendary and he's been an integral part of a massive transition. You don't get football. Yes we've had way more talented QBs lately but what they accomplish is bigger.

Sit down.

Trevor Knight 2.0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT