ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RRR GAME THREAD - GAME #6 - OU VS. UT

Can we say bad things about our defense or will it hurt recruiting? I know it's top secret that the defense isn't any good

Reactions: Soonerborn59
This is the worst OU defense of all time, to include under John Blake.

Zero stops in the red zone and zero stops on fourth down all year. Let that sink in! How is Mike Stoops still employed by this university?

Fine. Don’t “fire” Stoops. How about we just take away all his responsibilities and let someone else try. I mean, it literally cannot get any worse at this point.

Websters definition of insanity:

Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops running the same tired schemes over and over expecting a different outcome and making no halftime adjustments to address the game in hand.

Still hoping for a win but until this succubus is out of the coaching box, I fear it is but a hope.

Great TD pass to Brown.........
but it doesnt change the fact that Stoops should be Gone....tomorrow...

Websters definition of insanity:

Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops running the same tired schemes over and over expecting a different outcome and making no halftime adjustments to address the game in hand.

Still hoping for a win but until this succubus is out of the coaching box, I fear it is but a hope.

Great TD pass to Brown.........
but it doesnt change the fact that Stoops should be Gone....tomorrow...
Don’t let him on the bus back to Norman!!!!!!!

If he's good he will be a star. Hell just average and he'll be a star

A superstar won't look good in the system.

This is a bend but don't break scheme that hands offenses whatever they want and demoralizes the players attitude.

Probably going to do it. We need to force a turnover but our scheme just doesn't promote it.

Well, Offense needs to be perfect for us to win games with our D, and two Kyler TOs today are killers. Both terrible turnovers and this last one probably took away any hope we had. Our guys cannot gut this one out after that deflating fumble.

If we can't score quickly and get a turnover, there will be no Sooner Magic

Every Sooner fan needs to write to Riley this week. Last in Red Zone D and 91st in total D is on him. I am a serious donor and season ticket holder since 1986. I will write him a letter this week

I wish it would actually do some good but I fear he will just throw it to the side

Bookie just blitzed from 10 yards off the line, and ran straight up to the lineman as if he was the one blocking.

If Mike Stoops is still employed after this week, i’ll quit making time to watch games. Never seen an OU defense this bad.

Reactions: soonermade
Will any reporter have the guts to straight up ask Riley if he’s thinking about making a change on the Defensive staff?

Reactions: soonermade
Poor scheme, little if any in-game adjustments, poor fundamentals, same mistakes over and over, guys starting to quit (many are gassed). All of these things will lead to buy-in disappearing. Time to cut bait. There is nothing to lose now and everything to gain.

Will any reporter have the guts to straight up ask Riley if he’s thinking about making a change on the Defensive staff?

Yes. The pressure and the questions will start. It's going to get interesting. I think it'll have to start. on a national media level and then the local media will then have a crease or reason to follow up.

The fire Mike Stoops will also need to start with the fans at the games. Chants, signs, etc. It'll be ugly. It'll be painful, but it needs to be done.

No pain. No gain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT