ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL GAME THREAD -- OU vs. tOSU - GAME #3

I'll always support the team and root for them, but I no longer support this staff. Bob made his legacy on a few years and now that legacy is carrying over into embarrassment due to his insistence in nepotism.

I bet all of you guys that there will be someone come on the board tomorrow or Monday and explain how all this happened during the first half. And it won't have much of anything to do with the coaching. Mark my words. Our players just aren't very good.
And I will be here ALL FRIKIN WEEK going head to head with the person you speak of. A game this lopsided goes far beyond just players not executing. This kind of ass whipping goes right down to the coaching staff. What's really telling in this game, is Ohio State has alot of young players just like OU does. The difference....THEY ARE BETTER COACHED AND PREPARED THAN OU'S!!!!!

Anyone who attempts to defend the coaching staff for this stinker are just fans who refuse to see the truth.
Whether or not anyone agrees with you, Stoops is probably as good a coach that OU can have these days....at least his salary seems to reflect this.
I feel like I'm watching the 1966 OU-Notre Dame game. Men vs boys.

OU just is not very good this year and I believe that while there are 8-10 very good players, there are too many players that lack experience and lack elite talent.
There will be a winning record and bowl berth, but this team....,this year.....is just a typical Big 12 team.

Agree. I doubt that we have more than a handful of players who could start for the Buckeyes, if that.

Whether or not anyone agrees with you, Stoops is probably as good a coach that OU can have these days....at least his salary seems to reflect this.
I feel like I'm watching the 1966 OU-Notre Dame game. Men vs boys.

CT

Stoops has been a great coach for OU no doubt but I dont buy into the theory that OU couldnt find a young energetic coach with the same type of fire that Bob had when he was hired.

There is no doubt Bob will determine when he leaves but by keeping his brother around as the DC makes me question him as a HC. Mike once again laid an egg with his defensive scheme and if this defense continues on this path I am pretty confident this team will be 1-4 after its next 2 games.

Is that what its going to take for Bob to actually open his eyes in regard to his brother?

Honestly, the only person who possibly could take up for coaching staff at this point is Plaino. The coaching is beyond awful and embarrassing and shows lack of true research and preparation. Defense, it's the exact same offense as Houston and you can't stop it a second time around.

On the phrase "gunslinger" for Mayfield, I am not sure he would do good in the old days of dueling.:eek:
Not bad for a walk on QB which brings me to a question, how is it that OU could not recruit a stud QB the past few yrs with the type of offense we run? I would think they would have so many interested in coming to OU that they would have to say no to a few.

The coaching staff is built to win the Big 12 with either a "down" Texas or a Mack Brown coached Texas; their time is up. The Buckeyes took it easy on OU in the second half. I am a tortured football fan... A Sooner fan and a Cowboy (Dallas) fan....WTF?

Not bad for a walk on QB which brings me to a question, how is it that OU could not recruit a stud QB the past few yrs with the type of offense we run? I would think they would have so many interested in coming to OU that they would have to say no to a few.

And we've got him for another year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT