ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #7 - OU VS. TCU

Football is entertainment.
Football players are entertainers.
To describe either any different is, well flat wrong.
Now if you want to discuss the level of entertainment you enjoy or believe what is or is not acceptable, then go for it. But there should be no mistake that any of us think or believe football and the players are not there to entertain us.

Reactions: thatdude35
Football is entertainment.
Football players are entertainers.
To describe either any different is, well flat wrong.
Now if you want to discuss the level of entertainment you enjoy or believe what is or is not acceptable, then go for it. But there should be no mistake that any of us think or believe football and the players are not there to entertain us.
Give your preachy sermons to the referees since you're such an expert on sportsmanship.

Give your preachy sermons to the referees since you're such an expert on sportsmanship.

Dude... chill. Stop taking posts on a personal level. You're slowly becoming the new 'Plaino' of this board. If you don't like the posts or opinions of me or others, tuff. Too bad. Move on, or block me.

Whatever floats your boat I'm good with. But you shouldn't take things so personal because someone doesn't have your same take on things. What those two players did was NOT a bad thing. They had a good moment w/ one another. IMO it wasn't unsportsman like either. If the opposing team doesn't like it, then stop them from scoring. But the referees thought it was bad, so they were quick to throw down a yellow rag. Such as it is. Bottomline, if one is going to do things like this, one better have a team good enough to back it up and win... which they did and they did big.

I get that football is entertainment for some but I'm sure older posters will agree that it used to be much different in the past.It bordered on insanity sometimes when 2 teams that did not like each other played.All sports have changed to some degree but I think football is and always be different when it comes to calling it entertainment.I used to be a huge Cowboys fan and the time for fun and games came after they won.I guess it depends on your level of importance of winning over losing.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Whatever floats your boat I'm good with. But you shouldn't take things so personal because someone doesn't have your same take on things. What those two players did was NOT a bad thing. They had a good moment w/ one another. IMO it wasn't unsportsman like either. If the opposing team doesn't like it, then stop them from scoring. But the referees thought it was bad, so they were quick to throw down a yellow rag. Such as it is. Bottomline, if one is going to do things like this, one better have a team good enough to back it up and win... which they did and they did big.
I'm not taking anything from you personally.
My point is that two players "choreographed" a celebration and got penalized, resulting in a kickoff return for six points by TCU.
I have already stated that it looked to be a chippy call by the refs. It's my hope that OU's players are more careful in the future.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
I'm not taking anything from you personally.
My point is that two players "choreographed" a celebration and got penalized, resulting in a kickoff return for six points by TCU.
I have already stated that it looked to be a chippy call by the refs. It's my hope that OU's players are more careful in the future.

They've been doing this all year. None of the other crews that officiated the games thought this was worthy of a flag. This is the first crew that came after them. Perhaps it was brought to the league's attentionion and they laid in wait for them. No one really knows. Choreorgraphed or not, I thought it was a BS call and definitely not an unsportsmanlike.

I only object to celebrations when penalties occur that lead to points for our opponent that results in a loss. So I guess I’m kinda wishy washy on the topic. :cool:

Reactions: thatdude35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT