ADVERTISEMENT

That goal line stand though!!

frou

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
I jumped up, I cursed, I laughed (a little) and I loved it!! Most definitely my favorite moment of RRR 2023!!!
I think we have found our man. Brent managed the game very well and called the defense to near perfection. What an emotional ordeal and with a perfect outcome.
Brent: Sorry I had any doubts. You've won me over.

I don't know? It's been mentioned Brent steals calls. I don't believe that nonsense though.

The first thing I did after the goal line stand, was think ike a coach. WE HAVE TO GET THIS BALL OFF THE GOAL LINE. That was nearly as crucial as the defensive brilliance.

And as OU fans, we really have to take our hats off to the coaching staff. Standing up with scheme to stop nearly 700 pounds of two fullbacks took more than just great, inspired players. It took a great plan, which was executed to perfection. And then Lebby had a little curious design to run a quarterback draw, against how UT was trying to play against a quick quartback, running on passing downs. Bama couldn't do it against Texas with a "better runner at quarterback." And Bama's OL is probably better than ours. At least their combine star rating is better.
Lebby had a scheme to deal with their all world mike linebacker, and we used it the four or five times in crucial situations.

How did we make ten yards on the first play of the drive to get off the goal line. How did we make a third and seven, running the quarterback on the next first down. And then DG one the same design, went almost to get us in the position to take a ten point lead on a field goal. Okay, our kicking game sucked, but that's not on the staff. Honestly, I think there was a little choking going on. Hope we get that fixed. But in the end, the crimson and cream coaches, players and fans were the one beaming.

Just an outstanding job by everybody.

Last edited:
The first thing I did after the goal line stand, was think ike a coach. WE HAVE TO GET THIS BALL OFF THE GOAL LINE. That was nearly as crucial as the defensive brilliance.

And as OU fans, we really have to take our hats off to the coaching staff. Standing up with scheme to stop nearly 700 pounds of two fullbacks took more than just great, inspired players. It took a great plan, which was executed to perfection. And then Lebby had a little curious design to run a quarter draw, against how UT was trying to play against a quick quartback, running on passing downs. Bama couldn't do it against Texas with a "better at quarterback." And Bama's OL is probably better than ours. At least their combine star rating is better.
Lebby had a scheme to deal with their all world mike linebacker, and we used the four or five times in crucial situations.

How did we make ten yards on the first play of the drive to get off the goal line. How did we make a third and seven, running the quarterback on the next first down. And then DG went almost to get us in the position to take a ten point lead on a field goal. Okay, our kicking game sucked, but that's not on the staff. Honestly, I think there was a little choking going on. Hope we get that fixed. But in the end, the crimson and cream coaches, players and fans were the one beaming.

Just an outstanding job by everybody.
Dang fine post my man!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've lived south of the Red River for 59 years. We hear that same expression in Plano. My dad moved us here just before I turned 13, from Tulsa. Went to Eisenhower Elementary and one year of Edison Jr Hi. Reconnected with a couple dozen of those guys I'd known there, in four years at OU. One of them passed, I was told, about a week ago. We were all hs grads in 69.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT