ADVERTISEMENT

Texas' Defense is really bad

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
Cowboys are lighting them up. It would be bad (telling) for our coaching staff if we don't beat this Horn team next week.

Cowboys are lighting them up. It would be bad (telling) for our coaching staff if we don't beat this Horn team next week.

I agree. I was waiting for someone to say that Texas sucks (in a back-handed sort of way), but too many people fear that it'll come back to bite us.

Sidenote: Three blocked Texas PATs'. lol.
okxp.0.gif

teXP.0.gif

textrapoint.0.gif

Ours isn't far behind but mostly it's because we coach with zero aggression.

Texas AD Mike Perrin after Oklahoma State loss to @Jake_Trotter: “I’m not evaluating Charlie (Strong) per se. I’m evaluating everything"

Ours isn't far behind but mostly it's because we coach with zero aggression.
I agree with this. It's easy to say that the Texas defense sucks, but then you realize that OUs defense really isn't much to brag about at this point either. Mike's defense gave up almost 500yds passing against TCU, while the Texas defense gave up 555yds total to OSU. So which is better, and which is worse??
I just hope OUs offense is really clicking on all cylinders going into next Saturday. Because both defenses are awful and OU will need another "video game" type scoring effort to come away with a win in Dallas.

TCU missed wide open WRs and wide open WRs dropped balls. We could have easily given up 600 yards and of course lost the game.

The announcers talking up our stops were also ignoring the above. And why Quick is allowed to cover anyone without deep safety help at this point just underscores how much of a stubborn idiot Mike is.

At least we can now outscore people, and that's all my expectations are this season - at least utilize the offensive talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
Defense is Jekyll & Hyde...tonight I wanted to strangle Mike Stoops in first and fourth. Praise him in second and third. Big 12 as a whole is way...way down. No way any Big 12 team makes the CFB Playoff unless a huge tumble from up on top of the heap. I will say my praise is to Ohio State going forward. They are complete and deep. Our ship has sailed.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Defense is Jekyll & Hyde...tonight I wanted to strangle Mike Stoops in first and fourth. Praise him in second and third. Big 12 as a whole is way...way down. No way any Big 12 team makes the CFB Playoff unless a huge tumble from up on top of the heap. I will say my praise is to Ohio State going forward. They are complete and deep. Our ship has sailed.

Could hope for a dumpster fire to hit the sucsucsuc, but the B1G would probably get 2 teams... tOSU and Michigan could go... or they can set alight a dumpster there, OU runs the table, and have a couple of 2 loss teams in... it is possible that tOSU and UH go undefeated, and there be no one loss teams... I know, I'll cue up the Supertramp... Can you put your hands on your head, oh no!

We are the Tennessee of the Big 12. No disrespect to the Vols, but outside of ULM, OU has no put together a quality four-quarter performance yet, on either side of the ball.

And now back to the original thread...

The horn D has been very suspect in the three games I watched (ND, Cal, OSU), but they always get up for us. I can't recall how many times we've gone is as favorites, only to get outplayed, usually by their defense. But then, I picked OU to lose to TCU by double digits, so what do I know?

Last edited:
There aren't any great defenses in Big 12 this year... Everybody will get lit 4-5 times unless you are Texas, Tech, Aggie U or TCU who will give up 50 seven or eight times.

Boomer

Both defenses are about =

Texas is 87th and OU is 88th in Total D. Same avg but only 5 total yards giving up separate the two

A poster on another board started a topic about Strong. When he's fired bring him in to work with Mike. Another poster replied I would take him to replace Mike. I don't know why I didn't think of that. A USA sportswriter just slammed Texas big time. He described them the way I do only he makes it understandable. Shameless, selfish etc. it's a good read. It's about the obvious making it public to bid on Herman. Obama may in Austin soon. Al Sharpton is a real possibility.

Charlie is finding out the stage is bigger and the lights
are brighter at texas than Louisville. I wonder if he would
like a do over ?

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT