ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops out, Riley in.....

Even though he loved to throw barbs at the SEC I think Coach Stoops is a stellar coach. He certainly made Peyton's life miserable when he was Spurrier's DC at FL. You guys have had a great one for 18 years and I suspect Riley will also do a great job for you. CBS put you back on the national map.

Even though he loved to throw barbs at the SEC I think Coach Stoops is a stellar coach. He certainly made Peyton's life miserable when he was Spurrier's DC at FL. You guys have had a great one for 18 years and I suspect Riley will also do a great job for you. CBS put you back on the national map.

You are so damn classy, Jake, you make me ashamed of myself.

It was a momentary reaction, happily Bob has denied any health issues, IF THERE WERE, IOWA CITY would be a GREAT place to be... Satisfied ?

Again, you prove to be a total dumb bass with your comments. Typical F-A-N-A-T--I-C.

Last edited:
Okay, don't put me on a rack, but IMO this presser would have been much, much better for Lincoln Riley had he not been announced the new OU head coach at this time. Today's presser is all about Bob, which he deserves, and not very much about Lincoln. This is not the norm when announcing a new head coach. I wanted for Lincoln what Bob got when he was introduced as the new OU head coach. The new guy deserves that. Maybe it's not as big a deal as I think.

So you disagree with my assessment of U of I Hosp & Clinics (of which I am Very familiar) ? Whatever, I've been called worse.
Have some nice daze man !

You are a loser that came onto the Hawkeye board and got kicked off. You post crap here you know nothing about. Youre a clown.

Okay, don't put me on a rack, but IMO this presser would have been much, much better for Lincoln Riley had he not been announced the new OU head coach at this time. Today's presser is all about Bob, which he deserves, and not very much about Lincoln. This is not the norm when announcing a new head coach. I wanted for Lincoln what Bob got when he was introduced as the new OU head coach. The new guy deserves that. Maybe it's not as big a deal as I think.

I hear you but what I think we saw staged was a 'smooth transition'. OU officials placing OU in the headlines. Great successful coach leaving and a new young coach coming in that was part of the success. At least that's what I got.

I just hope it's nothing to serious. He's been a great leader for almost two decades and hope he's around to see OU stay a powerhouse. Riley needed a few more years before taking the reins of a program like ours. I hope he can somewhat manage being the head coach. But I'm pretty sure he's in over his head

The recruits that haven't enrolled, can they get out of their commitments?

All is going to be well. Riley is a good recruiter and a good coach. I give Bob credit for hiring him. But the fact is, Riley & Baker are responsible for the Sooners resurgence the past year or two. They of course had help, but IMO, they carved out a winning attitude and brought in the talent needed.
Riley needs a new DC and he needs to beat Texas.

All is going to be well. Riley is a good recruiter and a good coach. I give Bob credit for hiring him. But the fact is, Riley & Baker are responsible for the Sooners resurgence the past year or two. They of course had help, but IMO, they carved out a winning attitude and brought in the talent needed.
Riley needs a new DC and he needs to beat Texas.
But Bake needs Riley...
As a Coach/Mentor...Security Blanket/Friend....Validator/Balancing Presence...How Now, Brown Cow?

You are a loser that came onto the Hawkeye board and got kicked off. You post crap here you know nothing about. Youre a clown.
I've trolled over there once in awhile but have never been kicked off or banned.
I've been hoping we'd join the fun in the b1g West & make Nebby relevant again. Have a good day & enjoy the season
Clowns don't frighten me, you ?

Last edited:
frydaze, satadaze, sundaze...YOU are a TROLL...You waltz in here, stirring the pot, and start running your mouth about things of which you know NOTHING...Saddle up that horse you rode in on, and Vamoose! And Don't Look in a Mirror...You will Not Like what you see...

Last edited:
You are so damn classy, Jake, you make me ashamed of myself.
It is easy to be classy to classy folks...I have heard nothing but great stuff from UT fans about OU fans after our 2015 classic. I had a friend who worked with me at my part time job who is an OU fan and grad. For weeks after that game he walked around humming Rocky Top...we are all looking forward to the next renewal of what I hope will be a rock ribbed hard hitting clean 2 football games that will set the college football world on fire. It is great to be a Vol and a Sooner!

I can't sleep if there's a clown room. Just saying. :eek:

Poltergeist came out in 1982 when I was 5. I saw it when it debuted on TV, so I was probably 6 or 7, and it was the first really scary movie I saw in my life.

That damn clown under the bed scene.... I was probably well into my 30s before I could hang a foot or arm off the edge of the bed while sleeping.

Poltergeist came out in 1982 when I was 5. I saw it when it debuted on TV, so I was probably 6 or 7, and it was the first really scary movie I saw in my life.

That damn clown under the bed scene.... I was probably well into my 30s before I could hang a foot or arm off the edge of the bed while sleeping.

The Game is one of my favorite movies. It's pretty lame to think that any person could be "lead" to do exactly what the Game company needed him to do in order for everything to go as planned, but I still loved it. When Michael Douglas came home and found a life sized clown in his driveway AND then dug it into his living room....well that was nuts. I knew that bastard was up to no good.

Does Riley replace himself or will he continue calling plays?
Who could Riley find at this point in the year he could bring in as an OC that would do as good a job as Riley?? I think for 2017, Riley will have to suck it up and do double duty. He will prolly look to add an OC for 2018. I could be wrong though.

Who could Riley find at this point in the year he could bring in as an OC that would do as good a job as Riley?? I think for 2017, Riley will have to suck it up and do double duty. He will prolly look to add an OC for 2018. I could be wrong though.

You're right, which is the only thing I dislike about Bob's timing. This had to be a planned event. Bob didn't just wake up a couple of weeks ago and not want to coach this team come September.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's always the play caller or co-play caller like Urban Meyer. He has to have an offensive coordinator though, so he can do head coaching duties. I bet they move people up/around for now, and the double-duties get shared like Bob has done in the past.

Remember, Cale Gundy is only coaching inside receivers while Dennis Simmons is doing outside receivers. Maybe Dennis takes over all receivers. Cale moves to either offensive coordinator for this year, or since he's currently Assistant Head Coach, he focuses on assisting Lincoln in head coaching duties so Lincoln can focus on offensive coordinator.

I agree that they don't make a rush position fill. There are enough coaches on staff to take care of all duties without Lincoln being the one that takes the brunt of the blow.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT