ADVERTISEMENT

Soonerfastnloud

JConXtsy

Sooner starter
Aug 2, 2001
Thought about you on Saturday.
Was at the LA Sooners Alumni watch party for the OU-Tech game at Rivalry LA Grill on Wilshire Blvd near the LA County Museum of Art. We were sitting on the porch watching the game, drinking beer, and just as I was cussing up a storm, on down the sidewalk strolls Richard Rawlings in a nice suit dragging a small suitcase behind himself. He was looking at us, probably surprised there are OU fans in LA, and I was so flustered/angered by the game, all I could get out to the people around me was, "hey, there's that....that....that.... Dallas guy." They all looked at me like I was an idiot.

Ha, and now that I look up the location on Google Maps, I see that the "Petersen Automotive Museum" is directly across the street from LACMA. Must have been an event or auction there that night.

https://goo.gl/maps/J7DRgTrMRqA2

Reactions: soonerfastnloud
Thought about you on Saturday.
Was at the LA Sooners Alumni watch party for the OU-Tech game at Rivalry LA Grill on Wilshire Blvd near the LA County Museum of Art. We were sitting on the porch watching the game, drinking beer, and just as I was cussing up a storm, on down the sidewalk strolls Richard Rawlings in a nice suit dragging a small suitcase behind himself. He was looking at us, probably surprised there are OU fans in LA, and I was so flustered/angered by the game, all I could get out to the people around me was, "hey, there's that....that....that.... Dallas guy." They all looked at me like I was an idiot.

Ha, and now that I look up the location on Google Maps, I see that the "Petersen Automotive Museum" is directly across the street from LACMA. Must have been an event or auction there that night.

https://goo.gl/maps/J7DRgTrMRqA2
That's funny. Probably an auction. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Do LA Sooners now watch games at Rivalry? I know they used to meet at the place on Hollywood Boulevard for games. I might give Rivalry a try for OU games. I just haven't figured out where to park for that bar.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Do LA Sooners now watch games at Rivalry? I know they used to meet at the place on Hollywood Boulevard for games. I might give Rivalry a try for OU games. I just haven't figured out where to park for that bar.

Yeah, we used to be at 33 Taps in Hollywood, but they kept giving us grief about opening at 9a on Saturdays and *only* 50 people would show up. They said they were losing money if only 50 people were there at 9a, so they found Rivalry to accommodate the schedule.

Not everyone moved with us from Taps to Rivalry. Looked to be only about 20 at the Tech game.

Because that area is all commercial offices, parking is easy to find directly across the street and a brief walk west. There are 2 large lots that do not charge on the weekends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT