ADVERTISEMENT

SOFTBALL QUESTION

CalSooner

OU scholarship offer
May 29, 2001
Why didn't Tennessee use their best pitchers against Oklahoma?
I couldn't understand why you don't give yourself your best chance of winning.

Reactions: Oklabama
Why didn't Tennessee use their best pitchers against Oklahoma?
I couldn't understand why you don't give yourself your best chance of winning.
All I would say to the Vols coach is “if pigs could fly”. She not only held out her ace pitcher, she didn’t throw her #2. Definitely she didn’t want to use up her two best pitchers against #1 Oklahoma. My good Vols buddy in Johnson City, TN is beside himself.

Maybe because OU is hitting .240 when pitchers throw over 72mphs. That girl was throwing some heat at 74/75. Stanford girl is the same way, Vols coach was hoping for the same results.
She had great velocity on her pitches. She just didn't have enough control to place the ball where she wanted. No stamina! I knew she definitely would not play the whole game. Who does pitch a complete game against OU?!?😁

Maybe because OU is hitting .240 when pitchers throw over 72mphs. That girl was throwing some heat at 74/75. Stanford girl is the same way, Vols coach was hoping for the same results.
It is interesting that this type of data is kept and researched. Not many pitchers in softball have that type of velocity, at least not consistantly. I do believe that today Stanford pitches Vawter ( maybe not spelled correctly) and if they happen to upset OU and force game 2 they turn back to Canady. Canady is the real deal and will give OU fits again. On the flipside, Stanford has no offense and that is the downfall for them. I think PG goes with May and Storacko combo in first game to save JB for the 2nd game if needed.

Hopefully OU puts them away in game 1 in run rule fashion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT