ADVERTISEMENT

Sanchez Comment

Is the Sanchez comment really different than the tombstone?

I really don't think the comments matter. If you're not totally ready to play this Thursday, you're in the wrong sport.
I read the other day that Bob had taken some more shots at the sec and my initial reaction was Crap fuel for Bama if we both win and meet fo it all but quickly realized that playing for a NC for both teams trumps any words said as far as fire and desire, that stuff is for the fans to argue about.

I think I'm going to refrain from posting till 2016. This should be a happy time of the year. The Sooners play a huge game in four days. The board is worse than ever. WTF is happening? My focus needs to be on the game. We really impressed fans from a couple of teams in South Carolina. Yankee I admit you're in my head, but not in a way that should make you proud.
Boomer Sooner and see you folks next year.

Looks like the same ol' SoonerScoop to me. Same posters. Same levity. It's a message board for Pete's sake. And I'm pretty sure you stir it up with the Horns. So where do you draw the line on banter?

There has been a lot of great football talk here. Focus on that. I understand the leaving part. I've done it myself a time or two and it is liberating. Just be sure to come back.

Looks like the same ol' SoonerScoop to me. Same posters. Same levity. It's a message board for Pete's sake. And I'm pretty sure you stir it up with the Horns. So where do you draw the line on banter?

There has been a lot of great football talk here. Focus on that. I understand the leaving part. I've done it myself a time or two and it is liberating. Just be sure to come back.

I don't want to see Moses leave. He's one fine poster IMO.......

Let's get rhet of fitty instead....HA! ;)

JJ, fitty..........

Last edited:
Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Per Oklahoma Sooners on 247Sports Sanchez when asked about Deshaun Watson, he compared him to Boykin and said that "Boykin is best athlete we will probably see". He did credit Watson as a good QB but for crying out loud, why give Clemson bulletin board material. Here is one of our captains (who has not played well the last few games) shooting his mouth off. The Sooners did not even play Boykin this year. Very untimely comment and most unfortunate.
Non issue. Sanchez was asked a question and answered it. No trash talk was intended or evident as far as I'm concerned. No doubt the media will fabricate his words with a different...and inaccurate...spin.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Non issue. Sanchez was asked a question and answered it. No trash talk was intended or evident as far as I'm concerned. No doubt the media will fabricate his words with a different...and inaccurate...spin.

I agree. Something tells me that if he wanted to, he could lay down much better smack than this. If this is his smack, jock strap or not, it's pretty weak sauce.

I overreacted when first seeing the headline (which is the goal of the media) BUT STILL Sanchez is a team captain and should not be saying anything that could be construed as bulletin board material for Clemson. Looks really bad to Sooner fans to see Sanchez saying a Big XII player is better than Watson WHEN you did not even play against that player this season. Deshaun Watson will be the best QB that the Sooners will face in 2015. Hope Sanchez realizes that and plays better than he did against OSU or Watson will explain it to him.

Boomer Sooner

Thanks, but I get the impressio

n from a very reliable source that the girls dig Piano Men.
I don't want to see Moses leave. He's one fine poster IMO.......

Let's get rhet of fitty instead....HA! ;)

JJ, fitty..........

I was thinking about a sabbatical...but since you said that, forget it!:cool:

It's just my opinion, but I've never put too much in what anyone says about an opponent prior to a game.....good or bad. They can put it on a bulletin board, but if they have to use that stuff to get up for a game, they probably aren't good enough to win anyway. The deal is after the game if the player that spouted off is on the winning team, no one says much about it. If he is on the losing team, people think it had everything to do with the loss, which is rarely the case, if ever. It all comes down to talent and being ready to play. What some player had said isn't an issue after the first snap.....IMO. So if you say you are going to kick ass, be ready to eat sh*t if you don't and take it like a man. If you do, just smile and go about your business.

Last edited:
After hearing the comments from Sanchez himself, they didn't seem all that bad. However, his Twitter comments where he called the media "idiots" made him look like an idiot. Still can't believe what these kids say on social media

Per Oklahoma Sooners on 247Sports Sanchez when asked about Deshaun Watson, he compared him to Boykin and said that "Boykin is best athlete we will probably see". He did credit Watson as a good QB but for crying out loud, why give Clemson bulletin board material. Here is one of our captains (who has not played well the last few games) shooting his mouth off. The Sooners did not even play Boykin this year. Very untimely comment and most unfortunate.

No one cares. It's a compliment. Two great QBs with different strengths. Deshaun has ice water in his veins thus far late in games. His QBR which is already really good, goes up in the 4th quarter. That's what I want

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT