ADVERTISEMENT

Sanchez Comment

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
Per Oklahoma Sooners on 247Sports Sanchez when asked about Deshaun Watson, he compared him to Boykin and said that "Boykin is best athlete we will probably see". He did credit Watson as a good QB but for crying out loud, why give Clemson bulletin board material. Here is one of our captains (who has not played well the last few games) shooting his mouth off. The Sooners did not even play Boykin this year. Very untimely comment and most unfortunate.

Per Oklahoma Sooners on 247Sports Sanchez when asked about Deshaun Watson, he compared him to Boykin and said that "Boykin is best athlete we will probably see". He did credit Watson as a good QB but for crying out loud, why give Clemson bulletin board material. Here is one of our captains (who has not played well the last few games) shooting his mouth off. The Sooners did not even play Boykin this year. Very untimely comment and most unfortunate.

Well, I just can't believe that Zack popping slick like that will jack them up anymore than they'll be already.
In fact, I think fans tend to read more into the hype than the players do. IMO

We're in the playoffs cause guys like Sanchez, Striker and Mayfield have attitude and cockiness about them.

It's been missing in this program for a while now and these guys brought it back. I love it.

We're in the playoffs cause guys like Sanchez, Striker and Mayfield have attitude and cockiness about them.

It's been missing in this program for a while now and these guys brought it back. I love it.

Yep, better to have a group of guys that play with an edge, than an equally talented group that play like a bunch of Harvey Milquetoasts.
If they get the occasional unsportsmanlike and still win, I'm good with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESPiam and 22LR
Maybe Zack did see Boykin. As he was making a play along the TCU sideline, he yelled, "Yo Blade".

A lot worse things can be said than a great sophomore being second-best to a great senior. It probably was meant to be complimentary.
Honestly, that's how I interpreted the comment. What I liked reading was Shepard saying the past few weeks of practice have been the best since he arrived on campus. Sounds like OUr boys are ready. I like it.

Reactions: ESPiam
Zach is good at running his mouth. I don't mind all the trash talk on the field but saying these things before the game has no benefit. Just say he is a great QB and move on

As a Clemson fan, I see nothing wrong with the comments. He simply pointed out that Watson, despite being good was not the freakish athlete that Boykin is. Watson is tremendous and no CU fan would trade him for anyone. That being said, he is not as quick and explosive as Boykin. Should be a great game. I really believe the winner of the Orange Bowl will ultimately take home the hardware. See you in Miami.

What's wrong with Sanchez saying Watson is good, but not great?
I'm sure Watson will probably take it as a little bit of an insult. As I said, he can talk all he wants on the field as far as I'm concerned, but I'd prefer he be a little more conservative when talking to the media.

You guys are killing me! Lord help me, I truly LOVE irony! FYI. Thomas, who is having a much better year, said Watson was great.

Who said the board's not fun again??? LOL.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I would also add the OB is a chance to play for a National Title if you win. If you aint ready to play for that reason alone then you should not be there. Just win baby!

I personally think he meant absolutely nothing by his words in that he was showing any disrespect. If anything, it just shows his maturity level with the press/media. This is most likely his 'biggest' moment/time in his career. It's College Football playoffs. In time, he'll learn how to handle himself with a comment something similar to, "We've prepared for Boykin who has a similar game. Watson is a Heisman QB & playing a Heisman QB on a stage like this is something that I've always dreamed about. I think we're all looking forward to the game."

Due time. Due time.

Watson didn't win the Heisman.
I stand corrected. I meant to say Heisman nominee. In other words he would have shown the respect to the player discussed but at the same time, state he was up for & ready for the challenge and was bringing total confidence in his abilities.

I personally think he meant absolutely nothing by his words in that he was showing any disrespect. If anything, it just shows his maturity level with the press/media. This is most likely his 'biggest' moment/time in his career. It's College Football playoffs. In time, he'll learn how to handle himself with a comment something similar to, "We've prepared for Boykin who has a similar game. Watson is a Heisman QB & playing a Heisman QB on a stage like this is something that I've always dreamed about. I think we're all looking forward to the game."

Due time. Due time.
agree with wnas. It shows his maturity level with the media

Damn. This place is pretty effed up. We can't even discuss a friggin' player's comments to the press w/o angry dissent. If you want to think he threw down a challenge, be all about it man.

Damn. This place is pretty effed up. We can't even discuss a friggin' player's comments to the press w/o angry dissent. If you want to think he threw down a challenge, be all about it man.
Agree 100% with WNAS on this one. This is a great example as to why other boards make fun of us!! Stop having fun....immediately!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT