ADVERTISEMENT

Riley to USC

Anyone know of anything that might make him want to leave. USC is cool and all but it's not a better job than OU.

Anyone know of anything that might make him want to leave. USC is cool and all but it's not a better job than OU.
He wants to compete for conference and national championships, which is much easier to do in the Pac-12 than the SEC West.

Reactions: Oklabama
how about Venables, then go get Rileys brother from SMU to call plays. I think the next head coach must be a defensive-minded coach.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I like Fickell at Cincinnati.....with lots of Ohio State "DNA".
Matt Campbell at Iowa State.
Dan Lanning, Georgia defensive coordinator.
Bill O'Brien, Alabama offensive coordinator.
Dave Clawson, at Wake Forest.
Matt Campbell is not leaving Iowa State to go to Oklahoma I promise you that.

Reactions: CTOkie
I like Fickell at Cincinnati.....with lots of Ohio State "DNA".
Matt Campbell at Iowa State.
Dan Lanning, Georgia defensive coordinator.
Bill O'Brien, Alabama offensive coordinator.
Dave Clawson, at Wake Forest.
I'll rule out Bill Obrien right off the bat, remember husker's bout with Bill Callaghan? Ugly. Now Matt Campbell at ISU, now he deserves a shot at a big time program imo, might fit in just fine. I like Fickell though as my first choice, Campbell right there also.

Lincoln is soft. And he's a coordinator. He's proven he wasn't ready to do more than hold the ship steady. His social justice warrior ways don't make hard men in football. I'm not surprised he's leaving and I'm glad he's gone now before taking us to an 8 win program in the SEC. He's running from the SEC.

yes the #1 class of 2023 was full of Cali players, esp the next 5 star qb. Also 5 star RB in 2022 is a Cali kid.

Rattler heading back west, Williams will probably stay, hoping this doesnt destroy our 2022 class. signing is right around the corner.

Reactions: Patriotgame
USC sits in the 2nd biggest city in the US and their only intra-city rival has a fanbase that doesn't really give a shit (and UCLA as a whole is not committed to winning at a top level in football, just winning the all-around all sports trophy). Its criminal Helton fell so low - no other school has as big of a built-in advantage as USC. They should be able to fill 80-90% of their spots without leaving the metro.

There have been two dynasties this century - one of them was USC. Their problem is they just overpaid for a HC he doesn't insist on discipline and only wants to play OC. Good luck with that 'Fight on'....

Reactions: Patriotgame
Bye!

FFUi1e4WUAQpmao

USC sits in the 2nd biggest city in the US and their only intra-city rival has a fanbase that doesn't really give a shit (and UCLA as a whole is not committed to winning at a top level in football, just winning the all-around all sports trophy). Its criminal Helton fell so low - no other school has as big of a built-in advantage as USC. They should be able to fill 80-90% of their spots without leaving the metro.

There have been two dynasties this century - one of them was USC. Their problem is they just overpaid for a HC he doesn't insist on discipline and only wants to play OC. Good luck with that 'Fight on'....
Yer point is?

I think two issues: 1. defenses are catching up to Riley and he cannot compete in the SEC. 2. according to Dean Blevins, Riley was feeling unappreciated.

So, I am going on record and saying that a $7Mil coach who does not feel appreciated, should first look at his pay stub and second grow a pair.

I knew he was not a disciplinarian but now it looks like he is just a pu$$y.

I think two issues: 1. defenses are catching up to Riley and he cannot compete in the SEC. 2. according to Dean Blevins, Riley was feeling unappreciated.

So, I am going on record and saying that a $7Mil coach who does not feel appreciated, should first look at his pay stub and second grow a pair.

Vaginal leakage. He tried.

Dusty D is reporting Bob Stoops is taking over as Interm HC

What do you guys think about Stoops for a year or two, while hiring a promising OC or DC to see if they're right for the job?

It's not the worst idea I've heard. Especially if we can't someone at the top of our short list.

absolutely the most ignorant move most of us outside of oklahoma have ever witnessed was perennial top 10 OU moving to the sec, probably at the fierce resistance of lincoln riley. now he's gone. i hope those who thought hubris was more important than fundamentals suffer from this to their graves.

My man! So much for your offseason break 😁

Reactions: ShamWowed
absolutely the most ignorant move most of us outside of oklahoma have ever witnessed was perennial top 10 OU moving to the sec, probably at the fierce resistance of lincoln riley. now he's gone. i hope those who thought hubris was more important than fundamentals suffer from this to their graves.
Probably true now. We will not be entering the SEC with momentum of any kind. Having said that, what glory is there in winning the Big 12 year after year only to be curb-stomped in the post season? I'm not thinking we will go in and tear it up. Especially when eeking out wins to power houses like Tulane, Kansas, and Texas. This team took a step or two back this season and I thought it mainly due to missing starters and retooling O-line.

Now I'm not so sure there were other reasons as our head coach could not hack it in the new venue and was slowly self-destructing all the while telling everyone how close we were (probably BS but it makes me feel better).

This is the worst OU has played in several years and we were still competitive enough to make it to the Big 12 championship--almost. It is no longer an accomplishment that resonates. Ask the playoff committee what they think of the Big 12.

Regardless, it is done so we shall SEC.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT