ADVERTISEMENT

Raise your Hand

Oh, and I'll say it. You can quote me on it too. We have couple of elite college CBs , and what a difference that makes on defense!

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Right here! Don't recall my exact prediction in the thread but I called something like 45-35 or 45-31.

Reactions: JConXtsy
If you truly thought we could hold Baylor to 34 points.

I didn't, and it could have been much less. So awesome to be excited about defense once again. I forgot the feeling of enjoying defensive ball.

I think OU should have held them to half that. But I will take the win regardless.

I think OU should have held them to half that. But I will take the win regardless.

My thought was we would hold them to less than 30 and the hope was by doing so our D would make a national impression. Was disappointed we didn't hit that target, but I do think we made a positive impression. May need it if the top 4 win out.

If you truly thought we could hold Baylor to 34 points.

I didn't, and it could have been much less. So awesome to be excited about defense once again. I forgot the feeling of enjoying defensive ball.

I picked OU to win 37 to 27. I have no conscience so I feel comfortable saying OU could have easily held Baylor under 30 last night. Regardless the defense authored by Mike was on fire. The first drive for Baylor of each half was the exception and not the rule. We have a seat at the table just got to keep it....

It really didn't surprise me that our defense held them to 34. When Baylor lost Russell, they lost a key piece of their offense, which was the quarterback run. We had less to defend last night. What I was pleasantly surprised about was the offensive production. I'll admit that I was still a bit skeptical about the offense prior to last night, but I'm starting to think that it's pretty good.

I thought there was a chance. Their freshman quarterback throws a nice ball, but they did not exactly light up KState 10 days ago in his first start.

The key to the game was that the offense pulled their weight. Last year the offense was so inept against them that the D had no chance. Remember, Shep had played less than a quarter against them the last two years. Cheap shot knocked him out in 2013. He was hurt before we played them last year.

If we had not had him last night, it would have been a different outcome.

This has a chance to be the best OU D since 2001, which was the gold standard. Best pair of corners since 2000. As deep a DLine rotation as 2000, but more talented. Not as good at linebacker as Calmus and Marshall, but they are not pups any more.

I think these guys are good enough to win an NC if they stay healthy. I would love to play Bama again.

pretty much like Plaino. I though if Mike could slow down the run (accomplished) the freshman QB would not be able to pull it out by himself. Thought theoffense had a very good chance to get 40. Surprised how well the DBs did against Coleman. Some big plays but the D line run stuffing and two picks made up for the 4 or 5 long passes. Difference really came down to the most experienced QB. And last two years that was Baylor (plus a lot more). Not so last night.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I continue to be perplexed as to why Shannon doesn't see the field. When he played and Alexander moved outside, I thought our LB play improved notably.

Also, a buddy I was watching the game with accurately pointed out a few times early when the ball bounced right back to Mayfield, that the bounces going our way were a very good sign.

animated-smileys-waving-016.gif
Baylor cant stop our offense, we can stop theirs. Im calling for the big upset 52-34

Last edited:
Reactions: Soonersincefitty
On the Scoop board I predicted we would win 53-35.

Guess I didn't figure on all those penalties against us or I might have hit it pretty close. :)

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT