ADVERTISEMENT

OU's next national title in any sport?

Frankly, I'm a mess. I've had two strokes in the last 12 and a half months and I just don't feel good. I still do a couple of appointments most days, because it's good for me, and the extra income helps. But I'm 70, and just resigned to the fact that the best is behind me. If God takes me home tomorrow, I'm very okay with that. But I don't want to not be able to take decent care of myself. But I trust God's sovereignty. His will be done.

It's a little weird. My memory has taken a hit, but the old memories are still pretty reliable. I just can't remember last month's important stuff. I am blessed. But I'd really love it, if He would put one more good woman in my life for the long term. who is His follower, and would at least put up with my Sooner passion. Thought I'd found one, but she cut me loose last week. She was an OSU sorority gal, who liked OU too.
Not to brag brother but I've been single for 20 years and I can't get the broads outta my house. I understand we live by different rules though. You hang in there brother, one will stick. The right one my man. Don't give up! 😁

The thing is, I want marriage. A whole lot of men don't. But at my age, most of women, even Christians, are willing to shack up, but never marry again. I can't look my kids in the eye and do that. I've had four relationships of 8 months or more over the last four years. All of the women began with at least the possibility of making it officially permanent eventually. And all decided it's too complicated to do that. It would be a whole lot less complicated. Until it's more if you're not. You want your kids to have some of what you've spent a lifetime accumulating. I get that. The other interesting thing, now that I'm 70, is that most women my age, want a guy who's younger than they are. THere a whole lot of roles that are getting reversed.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
At 70 my man it's about companionship. Each share their wealth and enjoy what's left of life. She needs to be beautiful though and make it move if you know what I mean. You can do it at 70. It's important for long life imo.

1st I think golfers are athletes but a better argument could be David Duval. When he was a big guy, he and Tiger were going at every week. When Duval slimmed down his game went to shit

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
1st I think golfers are athletes but a better argument could be David Duval. When he was a big guy, he and Tiger were going at every week. When Duval slimmed down his game went to shit
If you are over 50 and still able to compete at a high level in a sport then it probably isn't a real sport. Its a game like horseshoes or croquet

Reactions: 8085sooner
Frankly, I'm a mess. I've had two strokes in the last 12 and a half months and I just don't feel good. I still do a couple of appointments most days, because it's good for me, and the extra income helps. But I'm 70, and just resigned to the fact that the best is behind me. If God takes me home tomorrow, I'm very okay with that. But I don't want to not be able to take decent care of myself. But I trust God's sovereignty. His will be done.

It's a little weird. My memory has taken a hit, but the old memories are still pretty reliable. I just can't remember last month's important stuff. I am blessed. But I'd really love it, if He would put one more good woman in my life for the long term. who is His follower, and would at least put up with my Sooner passion. Thought I'd found one, but she cut me loose last week. She was an OSU sorority gal, who liked OU too.
Prayers sent your way for a hot, Christian woman & restoration for your heart so you can keep up with her ;)

The thing is, I want marriage. A whole lot of men don't. But at my age, most of women, even Christians, are willing to shack up, but never marry again. I can't look my kids in the eye and do that. I've had four relationships of 8 months or more over the last four years. All of the women began with at least the possibility of making it officially permanent eventually. And all decided it's too complicated to do that. It would be a whole lot less complicated. Until it's more if you're not. You want your kids to have some of what you've spent a lifetime accumulating. I get that. The other interesting thing, now that I'm 70, is that most women my age, want a guy who's younger than they are. THere a whole lot of roles that are getting reversed.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. I am about six months older than you and for the most part very good health. I just had a bout with a tumor but the prognosis from the start was very high. The upside is radiation treatment is good for weight reduction. I am down to my high school graduation weight!!!

I met a girl when I was 45 years old that changed my life. My perspective on everything widened beyond comprehension. She was much younger than I. We have been married for 26 years with a 24 year old daughter. I've dragged her around the world on my professional endeavors without objection. There has never been a cross word between us and our daughter is a very healthy person for it. I think a good woman promotes good everything, including health.

I hope a good woman crosses your path soon. Keep the faith and keep your head up.

Well if we had a few more bodies and disciplined play at key moments, better days could be ahead.

If any two of their scorers were on target while the other three would make positive ball movement on offense and defense every trip up the floor OU could beat anybody.
Just too many empty trips
It was good to see that maybe Lloyd Noble was 1/3 to 1/2 full possibly and the King is still looking pretty good

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT