ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Baylor Game Thread

I don't understand why they moved texsa to midfield ?
Intercepted to seal the win for Kansas (most likely) but no. KU couldn't make one first down and gave up a tying score with just over a minute left. Tied now and heading to o/t

Last edited:
Reactions: OUSOONER67
The biggest issue I've seen the last 2 years. The games the offense doesn't get going, is when the TE/HB are not involved. Typically, the high scoring games, one TE/HB has 3-5 catches for 50-80 yards. The last few years, there are to many games they only get targeted, once or twice.

Riley!!!! Throw some dink and dunks, let your QB settle in. Plus it will open up the go routes. You have 2 WR that can make guys miss in a phone booth, Williams and Mims, let them catch a few, short routes and watch them pickup, 5 or more YAC.

Super Genius much too stubborn to go to basic plays that aren’t highlight reel esque plays.

Rile E Coyote: Super Genius ?
Made a meme for that.

FEIPbUdXMAcpSEQ

Last edited:
I agree with you the defense played much better today and was not the issue. My concerns are the team appeared to come out flat for the biggest game of the year to this point. The offense was a disaster. Our all American kicker was there in body form only. Everybody seemed to be waiting for the win just to happen because it is November, it was Baylor, etc.

No one pushed their chips in, applied pressure, went for kill shots. All of this after two weeks off and the team more healthy than it had been since the 2nd game of the year.

I agree as it relates to run defense. The qbs had plenty of time I thought to pass the ball. Pick up the pace get the ball out quick and let these weapons go to work.
5 sacks and numerous hurries did not reflect OU's quarterbacks having time to throw, but I do agree the offensive pace was sluggish.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I hope that Wazzu knocks off the whoregon quacks. This espin homer about wet himself proclaiming the XII is done after today.
It’s possibly true with this “committee” but what an arrogant prick !
It seems they keep forgetting Oklahoma State is currently still lurking. Unfortunately though the Pokes even if they win out might not get in over a brand name like ND. Lets not kid ourselves that this selection process isnt about brand name because it is. Heck if OU wins out they could still squeek in.

Poke fans know all to well about that when the pollsters ensured Bama that 2 slot years ago and instead of getting the LSU-Oklahoma State game that should have been we got Bama-LSU 2. If Pokes win out they deserve a shot but you can bet the committee will not let them in unless chaos happens.

It seems they keep forgetting Oklahoma State is currently still lurking. Unfortunately though the Pokes even if they win out might not get in over a brand name like ND. Lets not kid ourselves that this selection process isnt about brand name because it is. Heck if OU wins out they could still squeek in.

Poke fans know all to well about that when the pollsters ensured Bama that 2 slot years ago and instead of getting the LSU-Oklahoma State game that should have been we got Bama-LSU 2. If Pokes win out they deserve a shot but you can bet the committee will not let them in unless chaos happens.

The committee might just want to keep the Cowboys’ Paddle People from doing nasty things at CFP games. Remember the reindeer guy. Ewe 🤢

I am relieved we won't make the CFP's.
OU is not ready. We weren't ready the last 2 times we made it and blowout losses in the playoffs is not a good look and is detrimental imo.
OU needs to keep recruiting and get better, right now we are a mess on both sides of the ball. I think I know now why Riley kept saying "we are close." I think he meant we are close to losing one of these games.
I am not pissed that we lost its the way we lose and the way we play that pisses me off.
The piss poor D was gashed for 296 Rushing Yards today.
At what point does Riley have to accept the responsibility of putting a product on the field of championship quality. He literally acts like they are reinventing the wheel every year on defense. Look at our D rankings. Pathetic. When was the last time Saban let a team go for 300 on the ground. I'm not saying the D lost the game but really our D isn't good and our O struggled against Aranda just like it has in the previous 2 meetings against his defense.

At what point does Riley have to accept the responsibility of putting a product on the field of championship quality. He literally acts like they are reinventing the wheel every year on defense. Look at our D rankings. Pathetic. When was the last time Saban let a team go for 300 on the ground. I'm not saying the D lost the game but really our D isn't good and our O struggled against Aranda just like it has in the previous 2 meetings against his defense.
That's a good question, even if it ruffles someone's feathers.
OU's future is in the SEC. Why not build a SEC caliber program that plays well BOTH ways ?

Bob got a pass on that for many yrs, don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Bob got a pass on that for many yrs, don't expect it to change anytime soon.
We're 9-1 sitting at No. 11 in coaches poll, Bama is 9-1 sitting at No. 2. It's pretty obvious to anyone who watches why the disparity between the 2 rankings. In Riley's postgame interview he mentioned that "again" our tackling was an issue, like just another day at the office. Well at what point is he held accountable? Why doesn't it register in his head to make tackling become second nature instead of a liability?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT