ADVERTISEMENT

OU - Texas Prediction Thread. It's like throwing balls @ Bozo in the dunk tank

Score 58-7
Second team plays the last series before halftime.
Baker completes 2 of 3 passes for 117 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Perine 13 carries 184 yards - 2 TD's
Mixon - 22 carries and a new NCAA single game record 516 yards rushing and 4 TD's
Sooners loan Trevor Knight to Horns for 2nd half and he goes 17 for 24 with 247 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT.
Siebert is 3 for 3 on Field Goals for a total of 163 yards total distance.

Now that is way out there...very good!

I really like the 3 for 3, 163 yards for Siebert.
Actually, that's not too far out of the pale.
He kicked a bunch of 60 yard jobs in that kicking camp he used to go to. He'll save our asses one of these days.
He's cool about it too...Robokicker.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
12122550_1255475261135497_8608297929729745688_n.jpg

As many have said, that was probably our bowl game

And nowhere on SoonerScoop or any message board, did I make a score prediction. I've seen enough of these to know anything can happen. Even so, I was surprised by the final score. I had my mind firmly convinced on OU's last drive that we'd tie it up and go to OT for the win. I thought Mayfield's ballsy 4th and 8 run would be a season highlight. No so.

I warned everyone that this game was anything but a gimme, because that's just how these games usually end up.

Was I surprised that UT played with that intensity? Only a little.

Was I surprised that OU looked like a team that should have a record closer to the Longhorns than a team that was 4-0? Very.

I saw that few posters heeded my warning, but I was seriously disinclined to make any statements that would make me look foolish later.

Given the choice I'd much rather look the fool than the Sooners. At this point I'm looking at OU as a likely 4th or 5th place finisher in the conference. What a difference a game makes!

YCN and 22, you were right. I was very confident, but I did respect your pregame posts and understood that it was not going to be a gimme. What I saw was a Texas team that physically beat the crap out of OU yet only won by 7 points, which makes it sound like it was a closer game than it really was. KSU will bring the wood next Saturday, so the coaches better drill a bit harder this week and mean this group up or they will get their butts beat again. OU should win, but I wouldn't bet on it based on Saturday's performances of the two teams.

YCN there were a few of us that tried to convey caution against the overconfidence this past week. Given the history of this rivalry you would think it would be a no-brainer for anyone who pays attention. But some I suppose will never learn.

Ha ha ha. Put my name on that list. I don't think I'll ever learn. ;) As big of a homer that I am, I refuse to own a #1 foam finger.

Lol well I don't mean it in a way of calling out every OU fan that expected a win. Hell I expected OU to come out with a win yesterday. But I just meant to never ever take the game lightly and thinking Texas won't show up or will lay down. There is that old phrase "history repeats itself" and that was very evident after yesterday's game

I have an idea. Lets all predict scores for the KSU game and have OU getting clobbered. Maybe we'll get it wrong. ;)

Seriously, Kansas State looks as tough as some of Snyder's teams in the 2000's. It may not be pretty next Saturday.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I was just wondering how in a game with 100+ points scored, I could make a comparison to one of Snyder's old teams? I'll just leave it at - they're tough, in a 2015 sort of way.

Snyder has beat Bob more in the last few years. If OU loses Saturday, I think that will be 3 out of the last four. KSU is solid but shouldn't have that kind of record against OU.

I don't have a lot of confidence about next week but we'll see.

Kansas State is a different team with Heubner back at QB; similar to the Colin Klein offense of 2012. Their defense has holes, especially at DB, but will that matter if we can't keep Baker upright?

If we don't head into Manhattan with an attitude, I won't have much expectations for more than a couple more victories at best.

I don't have a lot of confidence about next week but we'll see.

Kansas State is a different team with Heubner back at QB; similar to the Colin Klein offense of 2012. Their defense has holes, especially at DB, but will that matter if we can't keep Baker upright?

If we don't head into Manhattan with an attitude, I won't have much expectations for more than a couple more victories at best.

If OU ends up only winning 2 more games there may be people put on suicide watch. Saturday's game is suddenly much more important than anyone would have thought it would be this time last week.

Agree with ya Bama.

Suddenly we're sitting in Texas' shoes where only Kansas is as close to sure fire win left on the schedule.

I don't say this often, but I see @ Kansas State as a "must win".

Ya I will prolly take it off today. It's been down there since the day he posted it. It was one of those posts when you read it you think hmmm is that really a good idea to make a claim like that knowing how RRR games can turn out haha
If I was in charge I would do exactly what I posted. But that's probably the reason Joe C hasn't called me. Get completely embarrassed, get lost.

The players did not execute, but that was the worst job of coaching I've seen from this staff. We all knew the blitz was coming and nothing was done about it. We all knew the run was coming and nothing was done about it. I think everyone that watched the game on TV can recall the commentators discussing ways to beat the blitz Texas was bringing. It was like the movie Groundhog Day.

If I was in charge I would do exactly what I posted. But that's probably the reason Joe C hasn't called me. Get completely embarrassed, get lost.

The players did not execute, but that was the worst job of coaching I've seen from this staff. We all knew the blitz was coming and nothing was done about it. We all knew the run was coming and nothing was done about it. I think everyone that watched the game on TV can recall the commentators discussing ways to beat the blitz Texas was bringing. It was like the movie Groundhog Day.

Well I certainly respect the fact you own up to it and don't try to dodge around it. Many others on message boards will spout off with something that comes back to bite them in the ass later, but attempt to tap dance around it instead of standing up and saying damn straight I said it and I stand behind it.

Reactions: Medic007
Well I certainly respect the fact you own up to it and don't try to dodge around it. Many others on message boards will spout off with something that comes back to bite them in the ass later, but attempt to tap dance around it instead of standing up and saying damn straight I said it and I stand behind it.
With what Sorry Charlie has put on the field, every coach should be ashamed and humiliated at the complete outcoaching job Texas put on OU. I don't suddenly think Charlie is a great coach. I think he's fighting for his pride and his team played like it. OU played like a group of choir boys trying to keep their clothes clean for dinner at Granny's house and that reflects directly on the coaching.

With what Sorry Charlie has put on the field, every coach should be ashamed and humiliated at the complete outcoaching job Texas put on OU. I don't suddenly think Charlie is a great coach. I think he's fighting for his pride and his team played like it. OU played like a group of choir boys trying to keep their clothes clean for dinner at Granny's house and that reflects directly on the coaching.
amen to this

Reactions: Medic007
As much as I love this Staff, this one is on them. I just don't see the fire I once see on the OU sideline like we have see on the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT