ADVERTISEMENT

OU - Texas Prediction Thread. It's like throwing balls @ Bozo in the dunk tank

OU 38 TEX 10
As much as I would love to see a huge record setting blowout, I don't think Bob will squeeze on Charlie's neck. I also think 90% of the scoring will be in the first half of the game and TEX scores their only points in the second half, probably the 4th quarter to save some face. I believe in the second half you will see everyone on the OU roster on the field at some point getting game experience, including the water boy and some fans in the stands. This will probably be the game that starts the end for Strong at the end of this season.

My guesstimate is like trademarcs - something like 35-10. I don't think they have the horses on offense to score more than two TDs on OU.

Horns keep it close for awhile, playing inspired and a bit over their heads for the first quarter as OU struggles on offense. OU finally gets out of its own way in the second quarter as OU starts moving the ball and scoring. Third and fourth quarters are just a systematic demolition of the horns as we continue to extend the lead with a balanced offense and the OU D holds their offense to less than 100 yards in the second half.

Several posts have been made this week reminding us Sooner fans that a crappy Texas squad, which eventually cost Mack Brown his job, upset a two TD+ favored OU team a couple of years back. Well, I'm not concerned about old history. Here's why. #1 - Baker Mayfield is our QB, and this game is the biggest in his young life. This is OU - Texas, and it won't resemble anything like 2013 Texas Tech - Texas. Baker is an Austin native. He is on a mission to show everyone that Tech screwed up and he made the right decision to come to OU even when Trevor Knight had just ripped Alabama in one the biggest upsets in Sugar Bowl history. Mayfield is very confident of his ability, and part of that is his leadership traits. My best friend in the world lives in Lubbock, and his wife is an assistant dean at Tech. I asked him what the deal was with Mayfield at TT, he said, "Mayfield left because there was a better quarterback ahead of him". I asked him if that was his opinion, and he said, "no, that's the belief from inside the program". Well, I don't believe that, but I will take it up with him personally. He will be my quest on October 23rd and 24th. Baker is the real deal and will lead OU to a big win over the Texas Longhorns Saturday. #2 - Charlie Strong's team is in disarray. The older players are complaining that the younger players don't have any heart and are just going through the motions. Hey, did you catch that....the younger players, i.e., some of the players that Charlie Strong has bought to the program. This doesn't sound to me like "it will be better when Charlie has time to recruit his own kids" as some have suggested.

The score will depend on how far into the game the Texas players go before they rollover. If they give up before half time, I predict 52-14. If UT keeps going until the outcome becomes obvious, it could end up 42-24. Too much??

Give a score and describe how it happens.
49 to 42 OU. OU scores 7 touchdowns. In an effort to help Webster keep his job, Bob instructs his defense to let Texas score a touchdown after every OU touchdown. Bob plans to take it to OT and then put the final blow on thereby completely crushing the longhorn spirit. BUT, the game didn't make it to OT. The horns were responsible for converting 7 extra points. You see how that turned out.

The horns come out gangbusters and actually score first. A field goal.

Eric Striker and the D go to work. Mike in the booth unleashes a tsunami of blitzes on their QB du jour, cause a couple of fumble turnovers and two interceptions.
OU D, on fire.

Baker Mayfield, showing off for his hometown peeps plays out of his mind.

By the end of the second quarter the Horns begin to wilt, like wet origami.
Bob keeps the pedal down to the floor well into the 4th quarter, then starts wholesale substitutions.

OU 55, Horns 23.

Sooners 45- horns 24. This video still makes me laugh!
xcsc.gif

Webster makes his last OU/Tx

Sooners go in dry

45-10

Despite the dumpster fire that has become texas football, I don't see the horns kicking Strong to the curb at the end of the season. They will need to give him at least one more year to get his guys in there and try to show some improvement. OU gave Blake three years, so I'm thinking texas will do the same with Strong.

Give a score and describe how it happens.

78-0.

Whorns receive excessive celebration penalty in the fourth quarter after moving the chains for the first time in the game. The first down is the result of a penalty against OU's third-stringers. The few whorns remaining in the Cotton Bowl exchange ironic high-fives and mock Charlie Strong by feebly yelling, "We're back! We're back!"

78-0.

Whorns receive excessive celebration penalty in the fourth quarter after moving the chains for the first time in the game. The first down is the result of a penalty against OU's third-stringers. The few whorns remaining in the Cotton Bowl exchange ironic high-fives and mock Charlie Strong by feebly yelling, "We're back! We're back!"

Ha!
You always deliver...

42-20. The last line I saw out of Vegas was 17. One site had the O\U at 61, so therefore I say we beat the spread and over\under.

Some Vegas sites still had it at 47 O\U yesterday, so who knows..............

See, the O/U...47 or 61, what the hell man?

Explain to me like I'm 4 years old...why such a large disparity? It doesn't make any plausible sense.
Then again, I'm pretty dumb about some stuff.:eek:

Despite the dumpster fire that has become texas football, I don't see the horns kicking Strong to the curb at the end of the season. They will need to give him at least one more year to get his guys in there and try to show some improvement. OU gave Blake three years, so I'm thinking texas will do the same with Strong.

If they go 3-9 it will be burning white hot in Asstin. I don't know if Webster can weather that storm???I think he will be forced to resign or possibly fire his entire staff which I'm not sure he would do. I hope for entertainment and recruiting purposes 2* chaaaaalie survives..:D:D I just don't see it....but you could be right?:eek:

Last edited:
If they go 3-9 it will be burning white hot in Asstin. I don't know if Webster can weather that storm???I think he will be forced to resign or possibly fire his staff which I'm not sure he would do. I hope for OU sake and just to pile on the horns he survives. I just don't see but you could be right

Oh my, 3-9, second worst season behind only the 1956 season, 1-9.

A few thousand alcoholics will be launched...:eek:

See, the O/U...47 or 61, what the hell man?

Explain to me like I'm 4 years old...why such a large disparity? It doesn't make any plausible sense.
Then again, I'm pretty dumb about some stuff.:eek:

I have seen the over\under as high as 61 total points scored between both teams. I have seen other Vegas sites taking bets at 47 points against the total combined scores. That is a huge difference. Don't ask me why........or in another words.,

See Dick run.
See Jane run.
See Spot run.
See Dick and Jane run after Spot....:)

Reactions: Soonersincefitty

You may be right, Schoonerman, but consider that the Horns have a very good chance of losing 8 or 9 games this year. If they lose 9, I don't know how Strong keeps his job since so many boosters are already pissed....and some were unhappy with the hire itself. Also, according to social media, a Horn junior player is accusing the "younger guys" of not preparing and just going though the motions. Wouldn't that mean there is a possibility that some of those young guys were recruited by Charlie? Maybe, maybe not. Also, OU gave John Blake three years, but Blake was one our own. Charlie was an outsider. Perhaps the new AD will have a say. To be honest, if I were Charlie Strong, I might want to leave Texas and start over. He is going to leave flush, and there is a good chance that next year may only be marginally better. Finally, there is the really tough job of recruiting good players to a stink-hole where the head coach is on the hot seat and may not be around very long. A new coach will have a better opportunity to recruit and I know that is a big consideration to a few important people in Texas. Just my opinion.

OU - 51
UT - 31

Heard's feet keep Sooner fans frustrated for a while and still leaving us scratching our heads about what this defense is, and Daje Johnson busts off another one against us, but it's still not enough as Baker Mayfield and Sterling Sheppard wreak havoc all day against a Horn defense that quits by the end of the 1st half.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
OU - 51
UT - 31

Heard's feet keep Sooner fans frustrated for a while and still leaving us scratching our heads about what this defense is, and Daje Johnson busts off another one against us, but it's still not enough as Baker Mayfield and Sterling Sheppard wreak havoc all day against a Horn defense that quits by the end of the 1st half.

I gave you a like for the victory call, but if we give up 31 points to this Texas team, we are really in trouble against TCU and Baylor......JMO

I'm never comfortable when we play a mobile QB and Heard can scoot. It's like we don't know how to spy a QB.

If it were me, I'd have Stiker mirror Heard or blitz him all day.

You may be right, Schoonerman, but consider that the Horns have a very good chance of losing 8 or 9 games this year. If they lose 9, I don't know how Strong keeps his job since so many boosters are already pissed....and some were unhappy with the hire itself.

Well, UT certainly has lots of money, but do they want more million$$$ being spent on another head coach buyout? I'm sure the Mack Brown and Rick Barnes price tags are still hurting a little.

Last edited:
Well, UT certain has lots of money, but do they want more million$$$ being spent on another head coach buyout? I'm sure the Mack Brown and Rick Barnes price tags are still hurting a little.

22, you have made a very valid point. Did the AD change cost UT as well? Probably. Just how long does Charlie get to coach at Texas before his contract goes away? Woo, that's a long time considering his record. And, the next new coach may cost more than Charlie's $5M annual base. "A fool and his money will soon part." Nice to have the very lucrative LHN contract I suppose. The more you think about, the worse (read that as BETTER) it gets .

$2.75 million to Mack.
$1.75 million to Barnes.
Patterson has $6 million remaining under his contract. Not sure of the buyout $.
UT athletics nets about $70 million per year. No sweat for those Boss Hoggs' down there in Austin.

49-23 OU. Texas will keep it close in the first half (take advantage of Sooner turnover and/or penalties) and then you will see the Sooners pull away in the second half. Second half Texas turnovers and penalties contribute.

I'm not sure Texas can score 24 on Mike's new and improved defense.

56-17 I got it 56- 3 through 3 quarters. 4th quarter we send Knight in. Final 56-17

A couple of fun facts I ran across
For the first time since 1937, not ONE Horn was taken in the last NFL draft.
That's right, notta!

That was last years draft 2014 they got shutout, this years draft 2015 I believe they had 5 players drafted tops of all Texas schools including the SEC one (aTM had 2). TE Geoff Swaim went to the Cowgirls in Dallas. Quandre Diggs - Lions. Malcolm Brown was a 1st rounder to New England. Jordan Hicks to Eagles and Mykkele Thompson went to the Giants. Baylor had 2 TCU had 2 and lowly Texas State had 2
Texas Tech, Rice and Houston all got shut out this year, On a good note at least Oklahoma had 6 drafted

That was last years draft 2014 they got shutout, this years draft 2015 I believe they had 5 players drafted tops of all Texas schools including the SEC one (aTM had 2). TE Geoff Swaim went to the Cowgirls in Dallas. Quandre Diggs - Lions. Malcolm Brown was a 1st rounder to New England. Jordan Hicks to Eagles and Mykkele Thompson went to the Giants. Baylor had 2 TCU had 2 and lowly Texas State had 2
Texas Tech, Rice and Houston all got shut out this year, On a good note at least Oklahoma had 6 drafted

You're right.
Even when I was typing that faux pas I was thinking Malcolm Brown had landed in the bigs.

Reactions: ESPiam
Score 58-7
Second team plays the last series before halftime.
Baker completes 2 of 3 passes for 117 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Perine 13 carries 184 yards - 2 TD's
Mixon - 22 carries and a new NCAA single game record 516 yards rushing and 4 TD's
Sooners loan Trevor Knight to Horns for 2nd half and he goes 17 for 24 with 247 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT.
Siebert is 3 for 3 on Field Goals for a total of 163 yards total distance.

EDIT - Got my math wrong. Score 65-7

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT