ADVERTISEMENT

OU is in the Playoffs? Told You So!!!

WNAS, here is a quote from the Tennessee game thread. I'm not gonna put the posters name, cuz I'm not trying to make this a calling out or eat crow thing.

Mayfield has to go. Put Knight in, he couldn't be worse than this. That was terrible, but it's what you get when you bring in a tech reject.

And actually I read where I piggybacked on this comment later in the thread in saying put Knight in to see if he could do anything. So I was stupid and wrong as well. Funny though, I don't even remember posting that or thinking it....crazy the crap we can think or post in the heat of the moment during a tense game. lol :D:D

Then where were you last year and why aren't YOU bitchslapping these goobers!!! ;)

And I'm telling you, Plaino and I share the same opinion. It IS the coaches job to take NONE of the credit and ALL of the blame. Many have come to understand this the past year. A few with too much pride and a LOT of time to consistently demonstrate how little they know...are still making "noise". :)

I'm still here. Care to go over the play calling vs Baylor last year, again? I can send you the offensive debacles on dvd, or do you need them on vhs?
I'll never be your bitch to slap, but I'll be your huckleberry. Try as you might, you won't school me with your ignorance by calling me names.
Blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Tulsan stated a consensus of posters... I guess if u can call 2 posters that then sure lol. Guys please dont run tulsan off again. I actually want him to stay

WNAS, here is a quote from the Tennessee game thread. I'm not gonna put the posters name, cuz I'm not trying to make this a calling out or eat crow thing.

Mayfield has to go. Put Knight in, he couldn't be worse than this. That was terrible, but it's what you get when you bring in a tech reject.

And actually I read where I piggybacked on this comment later in the thread in saying put Knight in to see if he could do anything. So I was stupid and wrong as well. Funny though, I don't even remember posting that or thinking it....crazy the crap we can think or post in the heat of the moment during a tense game. lol :D:D
The back and forth BS about who said what and when is tedious. It is a trademark on this message board. A few here seem to have a desperation in promoting their opinions at the expense of differing ones.....and that's not to say there shouldn't be disagreements and debates here....but most often the disagreements are pissing contests, laden with high school boy insults as shown in this very thread.
If someone advocated Knight starting instead of Mayfield in September or early October, who gives a shit ? Do we really have to form a posse to go after the "infidel" ? Or refer to those with opposing opinions as "idiots"....and continually get away with it ? Or bow our backs ad nauseam whenever a coaching decision is questioned or faulted ?

I'm impressed with your honesty. Shows character and integrity too. It's true, emotional posting can be embarrassing....been there, done that.

Also shows you actually READ what I posted before posting something that would be embarrassing. Kudos sir.

Now let's see if the true "troll" is capable of doing anything close to the same. ;)

Reactions: BillyRay
The back and forth BS about who said what and when is tedious. It is a trademark on this message board. A few here seem to have a desperation in promoting their opinions at the expense of differing ones.....and that's not to say there shouldn't be disagreements and debates here....but most often the disagreements are pissing contests, laden with high school boy insults as shown in this very thread.
If someone advocated Knight starting instead of Mayfield in September or early October, who gives a shit ? Do we really have to form a posse to go after the "infidel"? Or refer to those with opposing opinions as "idiots"....and continually get away with it ? Or bow our backs ad nauseam whenever a coaching decision is questioned or faulted ?

I happen to agree, was simply making a point. And you're right, the posse was a bad idea/suggestion, on many levels.

Reactions: BillyRay
I'm still here. Care to go over the play calling vs Baylor last year, again? I can send you the offensive debacles on dvd, or do you need them on vhs?
I'll never be your bitch to slap, but I'll be your huckleberry. Try as you might, you won't school me with your ignorance by calling me names.
Blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

I'd be happy to, but I'm pretty sure this discussion has run its course.

"It would appear the strain was more than he could bear". ;)

Just say no to dink and dunk, which they did last December!

Find a great QB able to hit receivers in stride.

Find a pair of future NFL RBs to play manup football.

Find an OC that allows his QB to audible and read the defenses.

All of the above takes pressure of the defense and gives them something to play for.

End result is a Big12 Championship and a Playoff berth.

Told You So!!!

While I knew an apology was not possible, Almost actually thought you'd at least admit you were mistaken. Oh well.

Tulsan,
I think the problem is what you just posted above. While most on this board are just great OU fans, regular guys that enjoy Sooner football, they also are very human in that they are not afraid to show their emotions during a game. We all do. Perhaps you don't, Im not sure. But you by your own words have been 'embarrassed' by your posts, so at one time you did I guess. I'm not sure why you got embarrassed and/or are worried about getting embarrassed. It's damn football game. And football games are played with emotion. They are watched with emotion. They are enjoyed with emotion. Sometimes we don't like the results, but all of us always love our Sooners. So I'm going to encourage you to lighten up. Relax. Enjoy the game and not worry about what others say, post and/or how they react to a play, a decision, etc. It's all human. And whether you realize it or not, it's ok to post your feelings. When you hear something about that you frown upon, take your hand and rub it off your shoulder.

Now regarding the Tenn game you mentioned that the consensus of the board was to remove Baker for Trevor. First to placate you, it wasn't Texas you mentioned. I mis-read the post. Does this make me some kind of failure in your books or something? I hope not. Because my mis-reading is far less than you calling two posters a consensus of this board. But hell man, it doesn't matter. As CT posted, who gives a damn? BTW there was perhaps two posters that posted this. One of which admitted that he was wrong. My point is, so what if they posted it? It's how they felt at the time. As you & I post our thoughts, they are entitled to theirs. Neither poster attacked a player or coach in a personal matter. If it eats you to the core of someone discussing the OU Coaches & Players, I suggest that you avoid the Game Thread. Because this is what the thread does. It allows all of us, or those that choose, to watch the game 'together' in a collective format. Yes, some things are posted that I disagree with, as others may disagree with me. But it's no different than sitting in the living room with a group and listening to comments directed at the TV. If I don't enjoy watching a game with someone, I don't go or don't invite them over. It's human nature. If you can't avoid this type of thread, and I say this respsctfully, perhaps you need to find another way to enjoy the Sooners besides following this board. As this board is for everyone. All OU fans. And all of us are not going to think alike. Just chill out & enjoy the process.

Peace Out Sooner Brother!

WNAS...I also said the consensus was that Coach Mike should be burned at the stake and inferred the "consensus" was he should be fired. Odd you only mentioned JFW. Well, not really, more like par for the course for you. An unemotional reader without an axe to grind would've CLEARLY seen I was exaggerating to make a point. And that led to:

"Read & weep. There was not one post, PERIOD, of any kind that I could see asking for Baker to be benched and replaced by Trevor. This board has been trolled again in an effort to re-gain board status and momentum from whatever ails the guy"

You responded to a post I made that you could've taken your own advice and ignored. Instead, you respond with anger and emotion....calling me out as a troll and one concerned with my "board status"??? Of course, this was preceded by more ammunition:

"You were DEAD wrong about Heupel and was so embarassed by your blind faith in the wrong man, that you had to step away from the board. Heuepel is not and was not Mr. Sooner last season or any season as a Coach. I may or may not be wrong about my prediction on MS, but I can also admit when I wrong. You'll never see me bailing this board. I'll take a stand and admit it when I'm wrong. Something you have never allowed yourself to do. It's your weakness."

So drop the "lectures" to me and anyone else. Pretending you actually have a minute amount of character or integrity when you can't even admit what you inaccurately accuse me of is ridiculous and transparent.

I'm sorry for being so rough on you, but seriously, I have a low tolerance for "fakes" and "posers". You seem to clamor for respect and to be viewed as the "mediator". I've said before, I'm sure you're a good guy and definitely a passionate fan, but youre clearly blinded to your own emotional posts and vindictive behavior.

Last edited:
That would never happen, you know that pride thing and all. But none the less leaves egg on ones face.
Well honestly, call me an optimist. It was pretty obvious. As much as he "preaches" it, you'd think SOMETHING would sink in. I regret having to defend myself, but dang-nation, if you're gonna come after me...

barkingyank is dead to me...thanks to your advice. Might be worth "sharing" that advice again. :)

If someone advocated Knight starting instead of Mayfield in September or early October, who gives a shit ? Do we really have to form a posse to go after the "infidel" ? Or refer to those with opposing opinions as "idiots"....and continually get away with it ? Or bow our backs ad nauseam whenever a coaching decision is questioned or faulted ?
You're right CT. That's why I didn't post the person's name who posted that since it's pointless to turn this into a "he said this" ordeal. For anyone who cares enough, I suppose like S22 said, the post will always be there for those who want to sift through old threads to find it. My post was more to correct what WNAS said. And not in a way of trying to throw it in WNAS's face or anything.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
You're right CT. That's why I didn't post the person's name who posted that since it's pointless to turn this into a "he said this" ordeal. For anyone who cares enough, I suppose like S22 said, the post will always be there for those who want to sift through old threads to find it. My post was more to correct what WNAS said. And not in a way of trying to throw it in WNAS's face or anything.
I understand, BillyRay.
I get tired of reading all the trash talk over who's right and who's wrong....as if what is stated on a message board will mean anything years from now.
Certain real life experiences can really magnify the silliness and BS that there is in life.

Tulsan please quit making a complete fool of yourself. If I'm "dead" to you then quit obsessing with me on a daily basis. It's embarrassing. Here I'm going to show you how ignore works......poof! You are gone lol

Well I stand by my posts to you Tulsan. They needed to be said, and you needed to read them. At least you read it. That's about as close to an olive branch as I can offer you. With a Big 12 Title, I attempted to drop the ignore button thinking the board would relish & enjoy the moment. But not so. So going forward, the 'ignore' button goes back on.

Boom!

Botoom line, JM forcasted his thoughts, put them in a post, many months ago. I thought he was crazy as hell, but never posted it. Some thought the same and expressed it. Well his thoughts came true. Why posters are taking issue with him is beyond me. I would think that all of us would be so excited for the season and how it's played out and actually give him his due. In any case, it's been a great season. As Sooner fans we all needed it.

Well I stand by my posts to you Tulsan. They needed to be said, and you needed to read them. At least you read it. That's about as close to an olive branch as I can offer you. With a Big 12 Title, I attempted to drop the ignore button thinking the board would relish & enjoy the moment. But not so. So going forward, the 'ignore' button goes back on.

Boom!

I also read that I'm a troll and incapable of admitting I'm wrong, doesn't suddenly become "accurate" because it came from you. Quite the opposite typically. Thanks for the "ignore", we'll all benefit from it.

Well honestly, call me an optimist. It was pretty obvious. As much as he "preaches" it, you'd think SOMETHING would sink in. I regret having to defend myself, but dang-nation, if you're gonna come after me...

barkingyank is dead to me...thanks to your advice. Might be worth "sharing" that advice again. :)
Dead to you? We both know you can't stop trolling yankee and me so please stop pretending that you can. Is it just an attention seeking behavior? Kinda like when you continually threatened to leave the board only to return a few days later?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT